2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Assimilation of both

High traits, position of immediate need or next, that are not fully valued.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
      Assimilation of both

High traits, position of immediate need or next, that are not fully valued.
      agreed, and.... which position, or better yet.... players are that ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

For those still worried about positional value, the talk has been putting Bijan at slot for a handful of snaps.
        Ekeler can also do this.
        Imagine an offense (even for 1 year) with both RBs on the field at the same time.
        the easy comp is SF with McCaffrey and Sammuel.

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          For those still worried about positional value, the talk has been putting Bijan at slot for a handful of snaps.
          Ekeler can also do this.
          Imagine an offense (even for 1 year) with both RBs on the field at the same time.
          Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

5 time pro bowler on the wrong side of 30.... Check
            Mike Williams one good year as a pro. A contract year go figure. Before that he was as a pedestrian WR as you can get. I can post his stats if you'd like.
            Yes Ekeler. Check. Small rb that can not handle a RB #1 workload.. I love Ek but he needs to feature as a 3rd down spot duty RB.
            Yes I like Palmer. He getting better every year. We need a BURNER however. We need to get younger at WR and not settle.
            Everette is at his ceiling. You won't see much improvement. Parham as well. I like both and that's why I don't buy into all the TE in the 1st round talk. Mid rounds yes.

Are you missing something? Yes. A WR that is fast. KA not fast but a savvy vet. MW not fast but a big target.

Sorry but when you have a generational talent like Herbert you don't just settle. You get him weapons. Weapons that are brand new not some with a little tread left. You build around Herbert. He is the franchise and needs to be treated as such. Get him new toys almost yearly IMO.
            I could list a bunch of quality WR's that are fast (3rd round and after) if you need me to.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I know he’d help long term. But would others help more? Did Saquon really do anything to help the Giants long term? Did MGIII help us? The production difference between Kincaid and a 4th round TE might be 50 yards a game. The production difference between Bijan and a 4th round RB might be 20 yards a game. And the TE would probably have more availability. I’d love to have Bijan for the entertainment, I just wonder if others wouldn’t help us win more and advance further in the playoffs.

Plus more Bijan means less Herbert.
              You're telling us that the difference between Kincaid and (say it's) Josh Whyle, will be 850 yards...?
              With Everett in the lineup, I'd be surprised if Kincaid got 500 yards all by himself.
              TJ Hockenson, the #8 pick in the draft, is the best young TE to come out of the draft in the last 5 years. Even he has only averaged 645 yards per season... and he got traded away!

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

You're telling us that the difference between Kincaid and (say it's) Josh Whyle, will be 850 yards...?
                With Everett in the lineup, I'd be surprised if Kincaid got 500 yards all by himself.
                TJ Hockenson, the #8 pick in the draft, is the best young TE to come out of the draft in the last 5 years. Even he has only averaged 645 yards per season... and he got traded away!
                Your not looking at it the right way. The addition of a guy like Kincaid opens up a can of worms for a defense. Everett had over 500 yards receiving. But it didn't help
                us get TDs when needed. Our offensive production went down from the previous year, due to a lot of factors. One of them being a lack of talent in the receiving
                department when one or both of Allen/MW were missing.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Kincaid might have 500 yards by Week 3
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

agreed, and.... which position, or better yet.... players are that ??
                    Everything, but QB/LT/LG/RG.

Players you need to uncover through due diligence.

Trade down late 1st/early 2nd then trading up from 54 as well. There are some terrific, hungry, starting caliber day one players 30-50.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Everything, but QB/LT/LG/RG.

Players you need to uncover through due diligence.

Trade down late 1st/early 2nd then trading up from 54 as well. There are some terrific, hungry, starting caliber day one players 30-50.
                      name'm.... think I've done the diligence and then some.... who you got,
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

True, but when he went to Minny, his production immediately went up.
                        Cousins rarely threw to his TEs (Rudolph,Conklin)before they picked him up.

Goff didn't utilize Hockenson as much either.

He had 7 starts on each team last season and had 43 targets, 26 receptions in Detroit.

86 targets for 60 receptions in Minny.
                        He had a career high 914 yards last season on a career high 86 receptions. .
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-18-2023, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          Ekeler can also do this.
                          I would be fine with a fresh combo trope: Eke and Gibbs, in the backfield in a wide Y formation…LBs/DBs pre-snap be like, WTF?! I mean why have Herbie handoff, if the D commits like it’s a run, go deep; if they sit back, hit either RB in the flat and watch them go.

Comment

Working...
                          X