2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duck of Death
    Social Piranha
    • May 2022
    • Flyover, USA
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    WR Charlie Jones runs a 4.43 maybe he could be had in round 5 and have value as a returner, as well as complete our WR's and have value if we have injuries!

Just found this on him:

He was primarily a kick and punt returner the previous two seasons at Iowa, scoring 5 touchdowns (3 on passes, 1 punt return, 1 kickoff return). He had 3 touchdown catches in his freshman season at Buffalo​
    I honestly don’t know why he’s not being recognized. Excellent route runner with the best hands in the draft (lowest drop rate per pff). And like you pointed out, an outstanding returner. In his film, I saw him torch both Garrett Williams (likely 2nd day pick this year) and Cooper Dejean (top 15 pick next year).

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Day 2 Random observations

Only player I would trade up for is Branch...maybe a few spots with a very late round pick for Mayer or Washington...but really want to stay put, the board is looking good.

Really, really like Ade Adebawore....his tape is awesome...unbelievable motor...would put the icing on the pass rush cake...and could realistically fall to us.

Still got one more draft dream, after Bijancaid....the Brown brothers. Both really good kids, great players, and two positions that would be nice to add to...I think by themselves, they are both going to have nice careers...but together? I think that twin thing really comes into play...they feed off one another....I really hope they get on the same team...would love it if it was us.

One very boring pick in the second round would be a IOL with center versatility...or even just a center...but there are some really good ones this year, and Linsley is a concern for me....I think he could pull the plug at anytime...a smart man that would walk away from money for his long term health...just a hunch....and his chronic issues forecast at least a few games missed...a good backup, and eventual replacement, would be a smart pick.

Lotta good corners...have to admit it's tempting...still hoping we go elsewhere....except Clark Phillips III...for Nutty's sake...and I do like the kid's game...also Porter Jr....but no way Pittsburgh passes twice.

May be considered a bit of a reach to some...but me and my kid were watching Tyjae Spears early this morning...this kid does look amazing...

Feel horrible for Levis...hope the kid feeds off the chip this puts on his shoulder...though if he does, hope it's in the NFC...lol

Finally, in the end...would love for us to take advantage of the pass rushers, of all varieties, in the second round...
      Your sig reminds me, I didn’t put Roschon on my Day2 cluster list - he’d be a tough inside runner as well. Great 10 yard split time, he’s got the power burst you want in a power back inside the tackles.

I don’t see IOL on Day 2, too many other spots with higher certainty of 2023 impact than a backup center. Could be wrong. I see backup G/C around Rd5 or so.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

I honestly don’t know why he’s not being recognized. Excellent route runner with the best hands in the draft (lowest drop rate per pff). And like you pointed out, an outstanding returner. In his film, I saw him torch both Garrett Williams (likely 2nd day pick this year) and Cooper Dejean (top 15 pick next year).
        Charlie Jones - isn't he from Purdue?

He is a fine day 3 target by the way

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

yeah, you keep drinking that Kool-Aid.
          I will it's delicious better than your hateraide.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Now that's funneeeee right there folks!!!!

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Building up this offense like a Basketball team. Keenan at PG. MW and QJ forwards. Now we need a center. I like Darnell Washington in the 2nd.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                Building up this offense like a Basketball team. Keenan at PG. MW and QJ forwards. Now we need a center. I like Darnell Washington in the 2nd.
                Parham @ PF.
                Ha ha.
                Darnell and Achane on the board.
                Which one ?
                Achane SG.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Carlsbad, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Sorry to confuse you with facts. You and the folks from Jonestown with your Kool-aid. You can't fix stupid.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Parham @ PF.
                    Ha ha.
                    Darnell and Achane on the board.
                    Which one ?
                    Achane SG.
                    How many games will Parham be able to play?

I'll take Achane in the second and LaPorta in the third. There are still some good Edge players on the board too. Tough choices.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

How many games will Parham be able to play?

I'll take Achane in the second and LaPorta in the third. There are still some good Edge players on the board too. Tough choices.
                      Depth @ PON's.
                      Always a plus, 'Roo !
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Sorry to confuse you with facts. You and the folks from Jonestown with your Kool-aid. You can't fix stupid.
                        I hear the Kool-aid was delicious. Everybody had some........

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

Not recognized? Seen my sig? One guy I would double dip for at WR, due to his returning chops...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X