2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I still don't think he's a staley edge guy BUT
    I really hope he doesn't get drafted by an AFCW rival.
    His change of direction is very quick, Herbert would have real trouble getting away on PA if he isn't blocked well.

The athletic freak is back on a nice-list.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Prospects getting slept on round here...

Nolan Smith LB- I think he is a top 15 talent...physical gifts and production aside, reports are that his football IQ and charactor/leadership are off the charts. Not exactly slept on...but I think some are dismissive because he is a LB/Edge tweener...smallish for the Edge types we use...but I think he is a great prospect you find a use for in your defense.

Josh Downs WR- The best slot receiver outside of Njigba, and for me, its pretty close...very good speed, crafty route runner, and one of the best set of hands in the draft. A trade back prospect for some, but I wouldnt be blasted if we nabbed him at 21...he's that good.

Jamyr Gibbs RB- A true weapon, and mismatch nightmare for the opposing defense...adds juice to both the RB room and WR corps...speed kills.

Michael Mayer TE- Kincaid is dynamic, Washington a physical freak...but Mayer is as proven as it gets, no holes in his game...his floor is Jason Whitten IMO.

Day 2 bonus prospects...

Sydney Brown DB- Safety/Slot corner versatility...been watching this kid a lot lately...a slightly less polished, more athletically gifted version of Brian Branch, he is always around the ball...he's here, he's there...he's everywhere! It's Roy Kent!

Steve Avila OC/OG- I hate the thought of burning a second on a prospect that may actually sit the bench the whole year...especially a talent like Avila...but I hate our center depth more, and not sure if Linsley is gonna play much longer with his chronic knee and concussion issues...and we know well how much it effects line play when we have just another guy stepping in at center..
      Last edited by Lone Bolt; 04-25-2023, 05:25 AM.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltnut;n1488492]

I agree.

However, if your goal is to win a Super Bowl... you better get quality starters @positions you're weak at.

CB: Ja'Sir Taylor.
        LB: K9
        S: Woods/Gilman
        LB's and safeties you can get later. CB... you probably should get one in the first 2 rounds.

Then you decide which positions are vital to your roster... presently and in the future.
        To say that you can't get offensive weapons rounds 2-5 just doesn't ring true for me... our best offensive players (KA and EKE) were taken in the 3rd round and UDFA.

I hope TT isn't expecting a TE to be Kelce. I don't even thing KC expected him to be that good.
        The fact that Mayer is a Golden Domer scares the hell out of me.
        I'm kind of hoping for a CB or a WR in the 1st. Whichever, it better be BPA.

If they go by BPA at 21 for either WR or DB, I truly believe BPA would be a CB. Unless JSN gets pushed that far down. Then they go after BPA in the 2nd at WR. I think there will be plenty of impact WRs at 54.

A player that is getting slept on for me is WR Rakim Jarrett. I keep seeing 5th and 6th round grades on him. All I see in my head is Stefon Diggs but faster. I would gladly take him in the 5th, maybe even the 4th.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Nolan Smith LB- I think he is a top 15 talent...physical gifts and production aside, reports are that his football IQ and charactor/leadership are off the charts. Not exactly slept on...but I think some are dismissive because he is a LB/Edge tweener...smallish for the Edge types we use...but I think he is a great prospect you find a use for in your defense.

Josh Downs WR- The best slot receiver outside of Njigba, and for me, its pretty close...very good speed, crafty route runner, and one of the best set of hands in the draft. A trade back prospect for some, but I wouldnt be blasted if we nabbed him at 21...he's that good.

Jamyr Gibbs RB- A true weapon, and mismatch nightmare for the opposing defense...adds juice to both the RB room and WR corps...speed kills.

Michael Mayer TE- Kincaid is dynamic, Washington a physical freak...but Mayer is as proven as it gets, no holes in his game...his floor is Jason Whitten IMO.

Day 2 bonus prospects...

Sydney Brown DB- Safety/Slot corner versatility...been watching this kid a lot lately...a slightly less polished, more athletically gifted version of Brian Branch, he is always around the ball...he's here, he's there...he's everywhere! It's Roy Kent!

Steve Avila OC/OG- I hate the thought of burning a second on a prospect that may actually sit the bench the whole year...especially a talent like Avila...but I hate our center depth more, and not sure if Linsley is gonna play much longer with his chronic knee and concussion issues...and we know well how much it effects line play when we have just another guy stepping in at center..
          I think all of the cornerbacks are getting overlooked, which I'm guilty of. I really like what I'm reading about Devon Witherspoon, Deonte Banks, and a couple of others. I don't think Christian Gonzalez will be there.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Telesco goes corner in Round 1. I think the cornerbacks expected to go in Round 1 are better than the wide receivers.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I think all of the cornerbacks are getting overlooked, which I'm guilty of. I really like what I'm reading about Devon Witherspoon, Deonte Banks, and a couple of others. I don't think Christian Gonzalez will be there.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Telesco goes corner in Round 1. I think the cornerbacks expected to go in Round 1 are better than the wide receivers.
            Probably the only first round pick, outside of oline, that would disappoint me is outside CB. Only DB in round 1 for me is Branch...all the other guys will be on islands, and heavy learning curves...we are ready to win now, and I want my first rounder to contribute this year, and not be a liability...which first year corners often are.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I still don't think he's a staley edge guy BUT
              I really hope he doesn't get drafted by an AFCW rival.
              His change of direction is very quick, Herbert would have real trouble getting away on PA if he isn't blocked well.

The athletic freak is back on a nice-list.
              Lol...and I just posted how he is getting overlooked...evidently not by you!

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltinloudguy;n1488589]
                Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If they go by BPA at 21 for either WR or DB, I truly believe BPA would be a CB. Unless JSN gets pushed that far down. Then they go after BPA in the 2nd at WR. I think there will be plenty of impact WRs at 54.

A player that is getting slept on for me is WR Rakim Jarrett. I keep seeing 5th and 6th round grades on him. All I see in my head is Stefon Diggs but faster. I would gladly take him in the 5th, maybe even the 4th.
                Yes, Rakim Jarrett. Everybody loved Rakim Jarrett at the beginning of draftnik season. Then they started rooting around in this WR class... and Rakim was forgotten.
                The WR group is the deepest of the draft... followed closely by RB.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

I find it interesting that after the Rodgers trade most new mocks have us taking a CB now.

I'm sticking with if Bijan falls to 21 we take him. If not then if Quentin Johnston falls to 21 we'll take him. Beyond that I feel WR is still our target if Bijan is gone.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltnut;n1488595]
                    Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Yes, Rakim Jarrett. Everybody loved Rakim Jarrett at the beginning of draftnik season. Then they started rooting around in this WR class... and Rakim was forgotten.
                    The WR group is the deepest of the draft... followed closely by RB.
                    Still like him...but I like to shake up my mocks...him, Charlie Jones, Tank Dell, Jayden Reed...there are others...this WR group is deep with these types of receivers, day 2/early day 3....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                      I find it interesting that after the Rodgers trade most new mocks have us taking a CB now.

I'm sticking with if Bijan falls to 21 we take him. If not then if Quentin Johnston falls to 21 we'll take him. Beyond that I feel WR is still our target if Bijan is gone.
                      I still am of the mindset

Bijan or trade back

If Telesco/Staley take CB or TE and Bijan is still on the board - that would be a surprise to me

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

He even mentioned Rountree yesterday.

Huh huh huh huh.

TT are you scamming us ?
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Day 2 bonus prospects...

I'd be fine with Jamyr Gibbs - much prefer him over the first round tight ends.

I was thinking the backup to Linsley (and interior line depth) is important enough to burn a 2nd.
                          Linsley goes down and the season is over. He's seems to be developing back issues from a decade of pounding.
                          I'd be fine with Avila in the 2nd.
                          Some here think that guy can be gotten on day 3 .... i have reservations about that approach.
                          Their Oline depth is practically nonexistent on the interior.

Comment

Working...
                          X