2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Bijan Robinson is the most fun player to watch in the draft. Every pick from about 5 onwards, we’ll be wondering will he go here. I hope he doesn’t. I’d love to have the opportunity to draft him at 21. Does TT? I think he does.

#2 most fun player to watch. Nolan Smith. I still think he goes top 10. His upside is through the roof.

I’d love to get either of them.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      That is a bit slow but probably not as slow as you're thinking. Travis Kelce clocked in at 4.63 and Gronk at 4.68. Mayer is not the pick because he runs fast, he's the pick because he's a good all-around TE. He catches everything in reach, he's a good blocker, and even though he's slow, he runs over people and carries people for extra yards after they try to tackle him. Gates was slow too and we loved him.
      Bingo...and great to have you here Roo...tough ol' bird, by the grace of god, you'll see a Chargers SB yet!
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        He was still “the guy” even though defenses focused on stopping him.
        That was against Boston College, Navy, UNC and UNLV, etc. Geo Kittle ran a 4.52, Travis Kelce 4.6, Mark Andrews 4.58. The three best TEs in football IMO. Luke Musgrave didn't get Mayer's playing time in college and is more of a project than Mayer, but he may have a higher ceiling. He's taller and faster. And he'll probably be there when the Chargers pick in the 2nd round.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

That was against Boston College, Navy, UNC and UNLV, etc. Geo Kittle ran a 4.52, Travis Kelce 4.6, Mark Andrews 4.58. The three best TEs in football IMO. Luke Musgrave didn't get Mayer's playing time in college and is more of a project than Mayer, but he may have a higher ceiling. He's taller and faster. And he'll probably be there when the Chargers pick in the 2nd round.
          I think Musgrave is available at 54 also. He’s a legitimate back up target for us.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Anyone predicting a dramatic fall by any of the top candidates?
            Will Carter drop? Robinson? Mayer?

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Mayer ran a 4.7 40 at the Combine. A bit on the slow side. He's not going to run away from DBs or even LBs unless they're lying on the ground. Are we sure this is the TE we want?
              Very productive mauler who puts DBs, LBs and edge rushers on the ground? Sure!

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Slow weapons were all the rage on TPB this time last year.

What a difference a year makes

Haha
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                  Most likely Mayer, less so Robinson, least likely Carter. The QBs and top edge rushers will push some talent down.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

I put the page number for the start of todays draft discussion in the title of the thread. This way those who want to read the draft thread dont have to sift through all the pages looking for today's discussion. The actual start of the draft. Many dont care about the pre draft discussion. Many will just lurk and read todays action anyways. So i felt that page number would help show the break between our pre draft and actual draft day discussion. Since we are not doing individual draft day threads now outside of our drafted player threads.

Is this ok with you guys? Are we all on the same page with this new format? I want to make sure everyone here is stoked for this draft discussion tonight. Do you prefer we start a new discussion for the general draft? Or is this superthread cool?

Talk to me.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      I’m wondering if cj stroud might drop out of the top 5 and if he does where would he go? He’s the one QB in this draft that I would want the chargers to get if they needed one…that game he had against that tough georgia defense was a thing of beauty…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Mayer would be deflating.
                        Telesco Golden Domer crush must go.
                        How in the hell are Seahawks picking twice before Chargers?
                        Beat us like a drum end of season.
                        Also made playoffs
                        If they take Zay #20
                        I’ll puke

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                          I put the page number for the start of todays draft discussion in the title of the thread. This way those who want to read the draft thread dont have to sift through all the pages looking for today's discussion. The actual start of the draft. Many dont care about the pre draft discussion. Many will just lurk and read todays action anyways. So i felt that page number would help show the break between our pre draft and actual draft day discussion. Since we are not doing individual draft day threads now outside of our drafted player threads.

Is this ok with you guys? Are we all on the same page with this new format? I want to make sure everyone here is stoked for this draft discussion tonight. Do you prefer we start a new discussion for the general draft? Or is this superthread cool?

Talk to me.
                          I think it's a good idea, instead of starting a new thread. I'm all for fewer threads, so many of them are repetitive.

Comment

Working...
                          X