2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post
    Nothing agains QJ, I hope he is freakin awesome. Not what I thought they really needed if they went WR. he fits the physical prototype that they like. Just really preferred Flowers explosiveness. Not sure why they couldn’t have traded down a few spots given how everything fell…
    Given how two receivers went off the board immediately after the Chargers pick, I don’t think we would have been available even if we were able to find a way to trade down. Wished we did though with the Giants to get Murphy or Nolan Smith though.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post
      Nothing agains QJ, I hope he is freakin awesome. Not what I thought they really needed if they went WR. he fits the physical prototype that they like. Just really preferred Flowers explosiveness. Not sure why they couldn’t have traded down a few spots given how everything fell…
      I'm going to guess that the Bolts are a bit gunshy about smallish wideouts like Flowers and hence went with the bigger-bodied QJ...

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

JUGs machine. He's got all the time in the world now to work on that.
        Rated #1 WR in this draft here: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ide-receivers/
        Good tool set. 6-4, 215, 4.38. We played too many games without two good, healthy WRs last year.
        We want our #1 passing game back!

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by COLDCUT View Post
          Funny watching the Los Angeles ABC news feed coming to us “live” from the L.A. Rams draft lab. They don’t even have a pick in the round and the news coverage can’t even mention the Chargers. This team belongs back in San Diego and everybody knows it!!!!
          agree

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by LA_BOLT View Post
            I know we've got a new OC, but this era of Telesco/Chargers football has been boring. Figures TT would draft a guy that's more suited to Rivers' style of QB.
            QJ fits Moore’s type of WR as well.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Given how two receivers went off the board immediately after the Chargers pick, I don’t think we would have been available even if we were able to find a way to trade down. Wished we did though with the Giants to get Murphy or Nolan Smith though.
              I think Philly addressed their Superbowl weaknesses with Carter and Smith. LOL!
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                this tells me Mdub will not be a Charger 2024.
                U could be right, there, Chili...but the Bolts DO have an OUT in Mike Will's deal after 2023, so they COULD let him go then; or they could keep him around for his final year while they groom QJ:

williams 2.jpg

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                  With the start of College Football its time to start keeping an eye on future players.. This is always a deep discussion and its great that we have so many members here who are into the draft.

As the season goes on keep an eye on players and discuss them here. This discussion always makes me a better football student .

Just sitting here watching Pitt vs WV and completely forgot Addison was at USC now.

Aloha

---

Draft Day 1: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...05#post1489305

Start of the Draft Day 1: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...95#post1489695
                  Bolt-O leave these links up. We can add a direct link to day 2. This is how we separate the days. Aloha.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I know it would have been difficult, but tonight is where I thought a creative GM could have leveraged the Ekeler situation into something positive for us, ie draft day trade.

Maybe they tried and we'll never know.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t hate the johnson pick at all, I thought he was my second highest rated WR in the draft based on his YAC prowess alone and he fits the physical profile the chargers like in their receivers, I had johnson getting picked somewhere between pick 11-17….BUT with both nolan smith and myles murphy sitting there at #21, I just don’t understand how you pass both of those guys up, both could’ve gone in the 8-13 range and few people would’ve thought that they were reaches…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree
                        Sadly a significant portion of SD hates their guts now. Maybe if it wasn't Spanish, but I think that bridge has been burned.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                          I don't think this is a bad pick...seattle started the run on WRs...3 in a row...
                          Wonder if the Bolt brass were divided over picking the bigger wideout vs. one of the smaller receivers...

Comment

Working...
                          X