2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think it's a good idea, instead of starting a new thread. I'm all for fewer threads, so many of them are repetitive.
    Copy. I think that was Bolt O's vision for today.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

I think it's a good idea, instead of starting a new thread. I'm all for fewer threads, so many of them are repetitive.
      Same here, I don’t see the point of making another one either…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Duck of Death
        Social Piranha
        • May 2022
        • Flyover, USA
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Very productive mauler who puts DBs, LBs and edge rushers on the ground? Sure!
        Throw it Mayer’s way & he’s likely to come down with it. As for his route running, he knows how to get open enough to put up 180 catches & 18 TDs over his 3 years at South Bend.

Interesting Pff grades below:

- 70.6% career catch rate (66.3 in ‘22)
        - 65.4% contested catch rate (‘22), 1st among all TEs with 17
        - 5.6% drop rate (4)
        - 2.44 yards per route run (very high for a TE, Kincaid had 2.42)
        - 82.1 run block grade (best in class)
        - 8 “deep” catches (not sure how Pff measures this, but it was 1st among TEs)

TE class might be deep, but most are based on projection. If looking for a “complete” TE, Mayer is the only sure bet in this draft. I’d still prefer Bijan, but wouldn’t be disappointed if it’s Mayer.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

Throw it Mayer’s way & he’s likely to come down with it. As for his route running, he knows how to get open enough to put up 180 catches & 18 TDs over his 3 years at South Bend.

Interesting Pff grades below:

- 70.6% career catch rate (66.3 in ‘22)
          - 65.4% contested catch rate (‘22), 1st among all TEs with 17
          - 5.6% drop rate (4)
          - 2.44 yards per route run (very high for a TE, Kincaid had 2.42)
          - 82.1 run block grade (best in class)
          - 8 “deep” catches (not sure how Pff measures this, but it was 1st among TEs)

TE class might be deep, but most are based on projection. If looking for a “complete” TE, Mayer is the only sure bet in this draft. I’d still prefer Bijan, but wouldn’t be disappointed if it’s Mayer.
          Article on PFT right now about Mayer, re his basketball skills helping him as a pass catcher. Shades of Gates. He wants to play for the Bengals.

Notre Dame tight end Michael Mayer, who set the all-time receiving record for tight ends in only three seasons in South Bend, initially wanted to play basketball.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            That is a bit slow but probably not as slow as you're thinking. Travis Kelce clocked in at 4.63 and Gronk at 4.68. Mayer is not the pick because he runs fast, he's the pick because he's a good all-around TE. He catches everything in reach, he's a good blocker, and even though he's slow, he runs over people and carries people for extra yards after they try to tackle him. Gates was slow too and we loved him.
            He won't run away from the DBs after catch. What he will do is set up DBs in his route running to create angles and positioning and get open and catch alot of passes. Watch his domer tape - he does it over and over and over - he's a true technician. He's not running away to the house every catch though, correct.

The reason I think he'll be preferred by Staley and Moore over Kincaid is he has a much better blocker so he will allow greater play disguise and flexibility in play calling for Moore and audibles for Herbie

After reading about DW's injury history, i'm a pass on him vs either of those two.

If by miracle Bijan is there, forget them all - RUN to the podium to snag LT2.0 and pick a second tier TE in Rd3 or later.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Article on PFT right now about Mayer, re his basketball skills helping him as a pass catcher. Shades of Gates. He wants to play for the Bengals.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-in-traffic/
              Bengals trade up from 27 to 21 ?

Somebody, forget who as wish I could give them credit but it was

Bengals get: 21, Ekeler and maybe the Chargers 5

Chargers get: 27, Bengals 2nd and Bengals 4th

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

He wants to play for the Bengals.
                Mayer wants to play for Cincy, Bijan in Philly, and Kincaid as a Packer, and.... Slayer wanted to be a Raider.... who out there wants to play for the LAC ??

and seems like there's alotta peoples out there who claim all these said first round picks have just up and landed in Telesco's lap.... who is that guy this go 'round ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Copy. I think that was Bolt O's vision for today.
                  Great idea for putting the page on the start of the day. I'll update the OP with a link to the first post of the day, and the actual start of the draft (not the pick) for navigation. I thought the time stamp on the post would be enough for someone to find it, though.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Happy draft day, everyone!
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Great idea for putting the page on the start of the day. I'll update the OP with a link to the first post of the day, and the actual start of the draft (not the pick) for navigation. I thought the time stamp on the post would be enough for someone to find it, though.
                      Great calls. Thanks for all the support and assists you give me. You are the king of Mods. Aloha.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Bijan Robinson NFL Network's James Palmer reports the Eagles' interest in Texans RB Bijan Robinson "is real."

Known for building from the trenches out, Robinson would be an out of character pick for Eagles GM Howie Roseman, though he would also be an in-character pick for a team that believes its roster is already complete. The Eagles would certainly be justified in believing so after nearly hoisting the Lombardi in February. The Eagles' backfield is also in flux after letting Miles Sanders walk and replacing him with an aging (for a running back) and injury-prone Rashaad Penny. Robinson would be a scary fit in one of the league's most dangerous rushing attacks.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Let’s hope we’re the only team able to successfully trade back tonight lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X