2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

What do you think of Michael Meyers, Notre Dame? No top speed but high grades route running, hands, YAC and blocking.
    He could play a lot of snaps without tipping the D off re play called.
    I think you have him right. He's a good prospect. Ther are a few others that we'd like. I'll only add that I think we need a TE a lot more than most do. McKitty is a bust, he has stone hands and his blocking in space is meh! Parham looks like a guy that will always have an injury of some sort. We need a TE. A good TE is a QB's favorite third down receiver
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I simply chose to believe they will offer Callahan enough to keep him a Bolt. He's played very well for us and it would be foolish to let him go. Michael Davis has been playing well and in today's NFL 9M is not a ton of money for a good CB. You may have a point re. JCJ but I assume it would be very costly to not keep him. In addition, JaSir and Leonard look like they could be pretty good.

I admit that I'm not at all up on the salary cap. I just like to believe they'll find a way to keep their good players - other teams do.
      Over The Cap has the Chargers @$7 million over the cap for next year. Spotrac has them @$19 million over. The difference probably lies in the fact that OTC believes the NFL cap will increase by $12 million next year. In either scenario, it's not pretty. Take into consideration that overage only counts 39 active roster spots... and you begin to see that cuts and re-structures will happen... and re-signings will be of the cheaper variety.

I have a feeling that players like Callahan, Tranquill, Adderly, Pipkins, and Morgan Fox will probably draw interest from other teams and cost more than we can afford.
      I do my mock drafts with that in mind.

The team also needs to sign their draftees. I'm going to guess that cost to be right around what the Chargers could save by cutting Michael Davis ($7.4 million).

For what it's worth, OTC has the following market value estimations on the following free agents:

Callahan = 11.6 mil
      Tranquill = 11 mil
      Pipkins = 11 mil
      Adderly = 6.5 mil
      Fox = 4.7 mil

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I think you have him right. He's a good prospect. Ther are a few others that we'd like. I'll only add that I think we need a TE a lot more than most do. McKitty is a bust, he has stone hands and his blocking in space is meh! Parham looks like a guy that will always have an injury of some sort. We need a TE. A good TE is a QB's favorite third down receiver
        We need TE. The Chargers are closer to good or better at all other starting offensive positions
        The D isn't as bad as they are playing. We need a better #3 Edge, #3 CB, #3 DL but mainly Defensive Coordinator.
        If we contend with top Offenses, middle + NFL D will get us back in S B conversation.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

What do you think of Michael Meyers, Notre Dame? No top speed but high grades route running, hands, YAC and blocking.
          He could play a lot of snaps without tipping the D off re play called.
          People are calling him MiniGronk. Fun to extrapolate what kind of weapon he'd be for Herbert.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Over The Cap has the Chargers @$7 million over the cap for next year. Spotrac has them @$19 million over. The difference probably lies in the fact that OTC believes the NFL cap will increase by $12 million next year. In either scenario, it's not pretty. Take into consideration that overage only counts 39 active roster spots... and you begin to see that cuts and re-structures will happen... and re-signings will be of the cheaper variety.

I have a feeling that players like Callahan, Tranquill, Adderly, Pipkins, and Morgan Fox will probably draw interest from other teams and cost more than we can afford.

The team also needs to sign their draftees. I'm going to guess that cost to be right around what the Chargers could save by cutting Michael Davis ($7.4 million).

For what it's worth, OTC has the following market value estimations on the following free agents:

Callahan = 11.6 mil
            Tranquill = 11 mil
            Pipkins = 11 mil
            Adderly = 6.5 mil
            Fox = 4.7 mil
            I don't see most of them getting remotely that amount.

Callahan is still injury prone,
            Tranquil ?????,
            Pip (how many good games did he have this year? In his entire career?)
            Adderly ?????,

Fox might get something close to that amount ( 2 - 3 million ?)

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I don't see the Gronk comparison with Mayer as a receiver

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

two round.png

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Callahan = 11.6 mil
                  Tranquill = 11 mil
                  Pipkins = 11 mil
                  Adderly = 6.5 mil
                  Fox = 4.7 mil
                  I bet none of those guys gets near those projections.

Callahan had a higher projection last year (not at 11 mil though) and he signed with us late for 1.27 mil.
                  Tranquill won't come close to 11 mil. Kyzir signed a 1 year 5 mil deal.

I can see Pip higher than those 2 being a OT but 11 mil? seems high to me.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The moral of the story is, Chargers listened. Much to their credit. Now, Dare to dream each and every pick is this sound.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                      I don't see the Gronk comparison with Mayer as a receiver

I'm rolling with their projection and grading to finish shading in my view of the player.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

who are realistic day 2 game breakers at WR?
                        those guys look like probable days 1 guys.
                        Zay Flowers, BC

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

The team also needs to sign their draftees. I'm going to guess that cost to be right around what the Chargers could save by cutting Michael Davis ($7.4 million). $6m restructure

$6m Callahan = 11.6 mil
                          $3m Tranquill = 11 mil
                          $6m Pipkins = 11 mil
                          $2.5m Adderly = 6.5 mil
                          $3m Fox = 4.7 mil
                          a GM would have to be (completely) outta his tree to sign the aforementioned players @those amounts.... there's a reason that our D is ranked as low as it is, and a couple of those reasons are listed above.... passer rating against and yards gained before and after contact.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X