2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

#9 Gervon Dexter Sr. (DT Florida) vs Kentucky 2022

Negatives: Slow get-off
    Positives: Locomotive once in motion

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Thanks Ghost! I'm just now getting going on DT's. Looking for someone to take Tillery's place. A pass rusher who can be decent against the run.
      I found this guy... Karl Brooks. Bowling Green. 6-4, 300 lbs. 10 sacks so fr this year.
      College football, College football highlights, bowling green football, central Michigan football

Bowling Green State UniversityPOSITION Defensive LineHEIGHT 6-4WEIGHT 295CLASS JuniorHOMETOWN Lansing, Mich.HIGHSCHOOL Lansing Sexton

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Keenan isn't going anywhere. He was a joy to see out there and gave us a spark only playing sparingly and Palmer got a 50 yard bomb TD.

We can get guys deep, they just don't have YAC breakaway speed.

Parris Campbell has been injured every year til this year, which in he has missed 1 game.
        Til this season he had only played in 15 of 49 games in 3 years. Pass.
        I know Parris Campbell has been injured to start his career. That doesn’t mean that can’t change. He will be cheap and he is an explosive player when healthy. He can be a chess piece to move around.

I still think they have a player like that on the team that they refuse to use in Joe Reed. Campbell is faster. I honestly think that Lombardi doesn’t know how to use him. He’s not a pure WR. Line him up everywhere, Wide, Slot, RB, TE, HB. The lack of imagination with this offense is infuriating.

Ok, back to draft talk. I’m a huge fan of TE Dalton Kincaid in the 2nd. Not sure if he’ll be there in the 2nd when they pick, but he could be a real weapon with Everett and Smartt.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          Thanks Ghost! I'm just now getting going on DT's. Looking for someone to take Tillery's place. A pass rusher who can be decent against the run.
          I found this guy... Karl Brooks. Bowling Green. 6-4, 300 lbs. 10 sacks so fr this year.
          College football, College football highlights, bowling green football, central Michigan football

Bowling Green State UniversityPOSITION Defensive LineHEIGHT 6-4WEIGHT 295CLASS JuniorHOMETOWN Lansing, Mich.HIGHSCHOOL Lansing Sexton
          Going to to do a little more research on Bowling Greens LB Darren Anders as well. Seems to have a nack for TFLs as well, and not just a tackling machine.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

My initial Top 5s of the positions I believe the Chargers will have the most interest in April. No order and subject to change.

Top 5 WRs

Quentin Johnston

Jordan Addison

Jalin Hyatt

Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Kayshon Boutte

Top 5 DTs

Jalen Carter

Brian Bresee

Tyree Wilson

Siaki Ika

Gervon Dexter

Top 5 CBs

Kelee Ringo

Clark Phillips III

Cam Smith

Joey Porter Jr.

Brian Branch

Top 5 OTs

Olumuyiwa Fashanu

Peter Skoronski

O’Cyrus Torrence

Paris Johnson Jr.

Broderick Jones

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

My initial Top 5s of the positions I believe the Chargers will have the most interest in April. No order and subject to change.

Top 5 WRs

Quentin Johnston

Jordan Addison

Jalin Hyatt

Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Kayshon Boutte

Top 5 DTs

Jalen Carter

Brian Bresee

Tyree Wilson

Siaki Ika

Gervon Dexter

Top 5 CBs

Kelee Ringo

Clark Phillips III

Cam Smith

Joey Porter Jr.

Brian Branch

Top 5 OTs

Olumuyiwa Fashanu

Peter Skoronski

O’Cyrus Torrence

Paris Johnson Jr.

Broderick Jones
              I think LB had to be more an interest than OT. Probably more than DT. It is for me anyways.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think LB had to be more an interest than OT. Probably more than DT. It is for me anyways.
                Jags Coach Doug Pedersen said Andy Reid teaches his coaches to redress both the lines as a basic building block of success. I am not comfortable going into another campaign with Pipkens/Storm Norton as my starter/backup at right tackle. That gem Jamaree Salyer is going to figure into the equation at LG or possibly RT next season, but that remains to be seen.

I would even draft Broderick Jones/OT in the 1st Round, then DT in the second.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Jags Coach Doug Pedersen said Andy Reid teaches his coaches to redress both the lines as a basic building block of success. I am not comfortable going into another campaign with Pipkens/Storm Norton as my starter/backup at right tackle. That gem Jamaree Salyer is going to figure into the equation at LG or possibly RT next season, but that remains to be seen.

I would even draft Broderick Jones/OT in the 1st Round, then DT in the second.
                  I'm inclined to put Salyer @RT (Good tackles you tend to spend 1st/2nd round capital on).
                  Have you checked out the LG prospects...? Super deep, IMO. Could find a starter rounds 3-6.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

far as players go, like the talent @DT w/Bresee, Tyree Wilson and Siaki Ika, and.... keep coming back to RB/LB as the two positions that will most improve this team....

(Noah Sewell not on PFF's top 100 list @the midseason mark.... DeMarvion Overshown, Jack Campbell, or.... ?)
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

if I didn't know any better, and if I somehow gave somewhat equal weight to the "let the draft come to you" and "drafting for need," think there are a coupla few clusters taking shape:

1) DL * DT Bryan Bresee, DE Tyree Wilson, NT Siaki Ika
                      2) TE * Darnell Washington, Luke Musgrave, Dalton Kincaid
                      3) LB * Jack Campbell, DeMarvion Overshown, Noah Sewell

there's also plenty of day two wideouts to be under consideration if that's your preponderance, if not round one WRs ??
                      will there be a third tackle that joins Skoronski and Fashanu ?? and there might be a round three Olineman to be had ??
                      and then there are the DBs, as think you've got the first two rounds to get one if that's what you want.
                      will also add there that think the safeties, Brian Branch, Antonio Johnson or JL Skinner are the much better gambit than any of the corners ??

think there are a handful or so of RBs, and that are spread fairly evenly throughout the draft ??
                      and similar to the aforementioned, the OC/IOL are pretty evenly spread out throughout the draft, just don't know who that surefire pick is there atm ??

it's the usual conundrum.... skill players or linemen/front 7 ??

1) DL or RB/WR/S ?? (think the OL is gonna be off the board by mid first round)
                      2) TE, WR or S ??
                      3) LB, OL or WR/RB ??

will also add for the receivers crowd, that some pundits consider the best pass catcher of this bunch to be RB Bijan Robinson.... ??

coupla few things, and pretty much for certain, are that.... you need your DL by the end of the first, and your TE and/or S by the end of the second, and prolly need to go LB or WR by the end of the third ?? Oline might be pretty spotty day three/after the third as well.... ??

and personally, suspect that there might be gambits to be had @RB, OL (developmental) and CB (developmental/injury concerns) day three, and perhaps DL depth as well ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

far as players go, like the talent @DT w/Bresee, Tyree Wilson and Siaki Ika, and.... keep coming back to RB/LB as the two positions that will most improve this team....

(Noah Sewell not on PFF's top 100 list @the midseason mark.... DeMarvion Overshown, Jack Campbell, or.... ?)
                        I'm a Ducks fan but I'm not that high on Sewell. He's too inconsistent. Jack Campbell is a stud but he'll be an early first round pick.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm a Ducks fan but I'm not that high on Sewell. He's too inconsistent. Jack Campbell is a stud but he'll be an early first round pick.
                          think LB is high on the list of needs, as prolly put the order @RB, TE, LB, IOL, based on our needs and players in the draft, and yeah.... Sewell has mixed reviews.

do you have anything on DeMarvion Overshown ?? or any other LB of note ??

Comment

Working...
                          X