2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
    View QJ as a reach, not in terms of position, but need. Not a speed, separator. Luxury pick when they could have addressed pass rusher, Nolan Smith or improve secondary, Joey Porter Jr.
    If they wanted speed/separation Zay right there.
    FAIL!
    You just describe the opposite of need.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      Did Will Levis just free-fall into the second round?
      Hopefully he brought an extra suit. I’m guessing he’ll stay home tomorrow.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I had him rated the number two WR but also thought he would be gone 3-6 picks before we picked…this is a solid value pick at #21 and it tells me that the ugly playoff loss might’ve diminished staley’s influence in the draft room, this could be foreshadowing things to come, maybe they are already thinking of replacing staley with moore, this was a moore/herbert centric pick, anything that benefits herbert is fine by me…still tho, would’ve loved nolan smith or myles murphy myself but impossible for me to be mad about this pick…solid, safe, sensible, responsible, and very intelligent pick…
        This Oregon connection is blown to me, unless there is something else in the works?

I've tried to defend Telesco but clearly his time has come and gone, Good Riddance.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

View QJ as a reach, not in terms of position, but need. Not a speed, separator. Luxury pick when they could have addressed pass rusher, Nolan Smith or improve secondary, Joey Porter Jr.
          FAIL!
          I don't feel this way at all. He was supposed to be a top 15 pick. On many draft boards he was considered the best WR in the draft. The Bolts are very fortunate he fell to them at No. 21.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            Most every analyst giving this pick a C grade. This is another big guy good at taking in 50/50 passes, but most likely down the sidelines like MW. MW was no cross the middle route runner like KA. This is just another big receiver type. One analyst is calling it the biggest boom or bust of this years #1’s. MW coulda been boom if not injury prone. This big guy better stay healthy.
            why should we care what they say? They are only wrong like every fucking year so why does anyone even listen to them? This kid fits the mold and the system the chargers run….I remember what all those assholes said about the herbert pick too, even after he won offensive rookie of the year they were still talking about how it was luck or some such shit…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

FAIL!
              I find it funny you think this is a luxury pick not in a position of need but then mention edge rusher which is in almost exactly the same position as WR. both positions have aging big contracts on their top two starters. So if Nolan Smith wasn’t a luxury pick how could QJ???

They obviously liked the total package of QJ over Flowers. Flowers is a slot threat but that’s about it. QJ has number one WR potential. So yeah they probably didn’t want speed/separation they wanted the whole package.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Great pick I guess the Chargers got who they wanted. But I asked this is Quentin Johnston Mike Evans???? A lot of people said yes.

like I said it’s a great pick. I’m sure they didn’t expect him to be there. Some of y’all said top 10 pick.

what I liked about him is he played big in big games. Big plays against Michigan top defense and Georgia top defense.

not Mike Evans to me more like Terrell Owens. He’s not gonna jump ball you. He’s just so explosive he will run through you. Is this is a better pick then Addison yes.

Goal lines gonna be great. Herbert has a weapon and now he can fill in for Kennan after this season.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

why should we care what they say? They are only wrong like every fucking year so why does anyone even listen to them? This kid fits the mold and the system the chargers run….I remember what all those assholes said about the herbert pick too, even after he won offensive rookie of the year they were still talking about how it was luck or some such shit…
                  Agreed, pundits are there for entertainment. They are wrong often and sure it would have been awesome to get the mega chad A+ but I seem to recall last off seasons pundits saying how great the Chargers off-season was etc etc and at the end of the day the players and coaches are the ones who decide (and gets sometimes…) if a player is a good pick.

Just look at how the pundits talk about our social media QB…

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

A lot of y’all said Kincaid we have to have Kincaid. We gotta have our Kelce. Now he goes to a team we might see in Buffalo.

so y’all explain to me why Kincaid would be a better pick over Johnston?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I like the Tee Higgins comp - so thanks for that

Dane Brugler said he is a good after the catch - so thats positive

I guess he needs to learn to catch the ball better
                      Yes he does sound like he can run in the open field and make things happen after the catch, which the Chargers do not have right now. Being the Chargers they want that in a big package but at least they were thinking of a guy capable of YAC.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post

Yes, that was more my point. There were a lot of good players that fit positions of need in a cluster. Would have been happier trading down and grabbing another pick.
                        Sometimes it takes two to tango. That board was juicy so unless a team really wanted Levis from round two most teams were happy to let the nice board fall to them imho. The trade back scenario was probably looked into and then abandoned when it wasn’t realistic.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Yes he does sound like he can run in the open field and make things happen after the catch, which the Chargers do not have right now. Being the Chargers they want that in a big package but at least they were thinking of a guy capable of YAC.
                          The WR corps is going to be special this season. Herbert is going to lead the league in passing.

Comment

Working...
                          X