2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Tank Dell in the 3rd baby. (AlthoughI expect him to gone by then.)
    Why? when we can still get starters in the third round like safeties, Linebackers, and very good running backs.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

I hope Tommy T is on the phone with B Holmes. Detroit doesn’t appear to have room for the Okwara brothers and those 6th rd picks. Maybe Swift could be had as well?

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

I'm assuming Mayer is gone before we pick so give me Musgrave and man I know MLB is not as big of a need as Edge, but I would love to have Drew Sanders.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
          I hope Tommy T is on the phone with B Holmes. Detroit doesn’t appear to have room for the Okwara brothers and those 6th rd picks. Maybe Swift could be had as well?
          Or possibly the running back from teh Falcons - Algiers or something like that

overall - if Telesco was staying at 21 and picking WR - I like the pick

It does seem like there is pretty good value left so still would have wanted a trade down - but again, it takes two to tango

Since there is so much talent - I hope Telesco just lets the board come to him
          if there is a market for Ekeler - we will see today perhaps

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

I believe there is very little market for Ekeler as someone has to give you a decent draft pick and then sign him to a deal that he feels should be in the 10 million range??? I just don't see anyone doing that. He will play out his option year, hopefully ball out and then he can sign elsewhere and give us a 3rd round comp. Base case scenario IMHO.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
              I believe there is very little market for Ekeler as someone has to give you a decent draft pick and then sign him to a deal that he feels should be in the 10 million range??? I just don't see anyone doing that. He will play out his option year, hopefully ball out and then he can sign elsewhere and give us a 3rd round comp. Base case scenario IMHO.
              Best case and most likely.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                Aa 3rd round comp pick -- that is not happening - maybe a 5th at best - if you go by the salaries it takes to get a 3rd round comp pick. And even that, it means Telesco isnt signing any free agents

I agree about the contract - but the Chargers should not be thinking in terms of a 2025 comp pick for Ekeler to preclude them from making a trade this weekend.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Day 2 Big Board-Heavily Edited

Left off players I don't think fit, or are luxuries, like most oline, QBs, WRs...of course, as far as fits, I didn't see QJ, so.... grain of salt, and all that...

Brian Branch DB
                  Michael Mayer TE
                  Drew Sanders Edge/LB
                  Darnell Washington TE
                  Keion White Edge
                  Ade Adebawore Edge/5tech
                  Keanu Benton DT
                  Zach Chargonnet RB
                  Isaiah Foskey Edge
                  Clark Phillips III Slot CB
                  Joey Porter Jr. CB
                  Derrick Hall Edge
                  Tuli Tuipulotu Edge
                  BJ Ojulari Edge
                  Sydney Brown Slot CB/Safety
                  Siaka Ika NT
                  Steve Avila IOL
                  Tyjae Spears RB
                  John Michael Schmitz IOL
                  Sam La Porta TE
                  Luke Musgrave TE

I missed the boat on QJ...throughout the process, I just couldn't fall in love with him...the drops drove me crazy...sometimes he seemed to disappear...but I am warming up to the pick. Had there been a run on WRs before we picked, I would have felt it was a desperation pick, but with a lot of good receivers available, and good players at other positions, including Edge and DB...the fact that we took him over all those guys tells me he was the guy we really wanted, and that is a plus.

I hesitated to even put Musgrave on this list...but I dismissed QJ...shows what I know...so I'm going to embrace humility, and assume I am way harder on him than I should be.

Can't believe Branch, Porter Jr., and Keion White are still on the board.

Heavy odds it's gonna be Edge in the second, unless there is a hell of a run.

Yesterday Kincaid was my guy...today...it's Mayer and Washington I'll be pining for...Branch will never make it to us....and I really like Ade Adebawore and Zach Chargonnet...and yea, Nutty...Clark Phillips III in the second would be a very nice steal.
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

On another note...I am really glad KC didn't get Josh Downs...that kid is a QBs best friend...I think he would have been a huge asset to Mahomes, if teams managed to take away Kelce...he knows how to get open, work the zone, and get back to the QB when the play breaks down, creating opportunities after the initial route....hell, he would be top of my list, but our WR room is now crowded, we have other needs, and no way he makes it to 54 anyway.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It was poorly attended. Were u there?
                      I heard last year was a success with thousands in attendance. With the Bolts making the playoffs, I don’t see why it should be less successful this year.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

With the amount of talent on the board I hope they trade back a few spots and grab another late 4th.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                          With the amount of talent on the board I hope they trade back a few spots and grab another late 4th.
                          At the time of the pick - I wanted it to happen in R1 but only the Bills jumped the Cowboys to get Kincaid so maybe there wasn't a move. Or Telesco didn't have the balls to do it. As for today, that should be the thought process to me. Again, it all depends on what talent is there when they pick but getting another 4th rounder would be nice at this point

Comment

Working...
                          X