2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Onto Round 2. TE Luke Musgrave or RB Zach Charbonnet.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Rated #1 WR in this draft here: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ide-receivers/
      Good tool set. 6-4, 215, 4.38. We played too many games without two good, healthy WRs last year.
      We want our #1 passing game back!
      I had JSN ranked just a shade higher than QJ but not by much, they were the only two WRs I had a first round grade on, JSN can do things QJ can’t and QJ can do things that JSN can’t…it basically came down to preference and polish and JSN reminded me of KA so I thought he would make sense as a replacement for the old guy…QJ is different, his a YAC guy and we haven’t had a YAC type WR that I can recall…maybe vincent jackson (?) but QJ is a much better athlete, more explosive, plays faster, and more nimble, and every bit as strong as vincent was…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

All the bullshit stop. This guy was rated the top receiver in the draft. We all were talking about Jordan Addison and Zay fucking Flowers.

this guy was the most explosive receiver in football a guy who can score when he touches the ball. All that gadget shit receiver shit throw it out the window. He runs the whole route tree.

Jaxson he’s good but he didn’t really play. I saw a lot of this guy. And his compete is great.

the blowback is a joke. We have Justin Fucking Herbert as our Quarterback. Now man the fuck up and let’s win a super bowl.

this guy is a beast. He fell to us. All that trade back shit. Jerry Jones was taking him with his pick. They got stumped. All draft process we talked about Gibbs and Robinson both guys off the board. The fact that we got a guy like this huge.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
          Deflating first day of the draft after how well things shaped up going into our pick. Gonna have to work on catching since he has a human artillery gun slamming passes into his apparently stoney hands.
          It did feel deflating. I was pumped with Nolan Smith, Zay Flowers, Dalton Kincaid sitting there.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

The Rams might get Will Levi’s what an opportunity to learn from One of the best a guy very similar to him Matthew Stafford and Sean Mcvay in L.A. keep him out of my conference. I like Will Levis he’s a great kid.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

and stop with the nobody’s at our draft party. In Century City we had Justin Herbert here with Jim Hill and Petros and Money.

we are building a fan base here. This Charger Nation.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

We can now trot out Guyton and Johnston if anyone goes down instead of Bandy and Moore. Let that sink in…

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The WR corps is going to be special this season. Herbert is going to lead the league in passing.
                  The depth looks a lot better....Allen, Williams, Johnston, Palmer, Guyton

Not the choice I expected but at least another weapon for Herbert. If he works hard and gets coached up a bit he could be good. Sounds like hands and route running could improve but some of his measurables are very good,

Comment

• charger1993
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The anquan comparison is not without merit in the sense that johnson is easily the strongest receiver in this draft, he’s fantastic at his weight at changing direction and overpowering defenders to extend plays…that strength shows up on all the tackles he breaks…
                    I agree. I in noway hate the pick, I just was viewing the board and saw people comparing him to M dubs, two totally different wide receivers. He can be smooth, after the catech. Not the burner we wanted. No a high point receiver either. He gonna.have the type of role Keenan does right now..I doubt his production is the same tho. I honestly think he's an anquan light.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

To be honest all 4 of the WRs taken in the first round this year have some significant flaws...I think we will look back on this class in a few years with a solid "meh."
                      This is the way I look at the four guys and why I think the QJ pick is such a good pick, JSN, flowers, and addison are all maxed out guys…QJ is already at their level but unlike the other guys he still has untapped potential and he has the work ethic to make the best of that potential…he’s going to contribute right away and will become a fucking beast once he adds to his route tree and technique…I think in a couple of years people will ask themselves how the fuck the chargers managed to get him in the bottom third of the draft…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post

Yes, that was more my point. There were a lot of good players that fit positions of need in a cluster. Would have been happier trading down and grabbing another pick.
                        We didn’t really have a position of need outside of maybe TE, which was not a considered a premium position to use a first round pick on. And while I would have liked Edge in the first, I can see choosing WR since there’s more chance for QJ to see snaps if everyone is healthy than an Edge position.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                          Immediately if Pete Prisco dislikes the pick I immediately like it. LOL!

This is funny, prisco himself rated QJ the best receiver in this draft, LOL…

Comment

Working...
                          X