2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If he is the top rated player on your board - and its not close - I have no problem Like in Round 1 - I preferred to trade down with the caveat - if there is top 15 talent (including the QBs) on your draft board - that is good value at 21

If Hyatt at 54 is ranked in your top 30-35 players and the best TE is 47 and the best CB is 42 and the best Edge is in that range - I think you take Hyatt over need. Though would prefer Edge or TE all things equal. Musgrave at 54 - seems nice to me
    Saw TT's post draft conference. He said he had a couple of calls to trade down but didn't work out. So, they were entertaining trading down but didn't get a deal they liked.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Saw TT's post draft conference. He said he had a couple of calls to trade down but didn't work out. So, they were entertaining trading down but didn't get a deal they liked.
      Telesco traded down and doesn’t even realize it. LOL

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they picked Saki Ika in the 2nd. They need beef depth in the middle of the D. The D still needs help in stopping the run.
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I see what you did there...lol.

It's kind of funny people were screaming last year that the Chargers needed a WR that could stretch the field. Well, QJ can do that. I think with most of us he was not on our radar. He's got 2 of the best receivers to learn from. I think he will end up making us very happy with the pick.
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            They need to get an EDGE guy today. Same theory as going WR with MW and KA aging, injured last season and expensive they need to shore up Bosa and Mack.
            Agree. Need to anticipate injuries where they are most likely.

Wr are also soft up the middle on defense...need a DT and MLB prospect at some point.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I like Schoon, but if there’s one spot up for grabs on this team it’s RB1. Hoping for Rochon at this point.
              You can get a solid RB in the 4th. I’m pretty high n Chase Brown and DeWayne McBride as runners. Brown is a bit more explosive but McBride averaged over 6 YPC in college. Brown was no slouch at 5.3 YPC and most likely better competition. Brown also had 27 receptions this past season.

Keaton Mitchell is the RB I would like in the 5 or 6th. Scat back type that can play all over the field and return kicks. Averaged 6.5 YPC throughout college and 20+ receptions the last two seasons.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

You can get a solid RB in the 4th. I’m pretty high n Chase Brown and DeWayne McBride as runners. Brown is a bit more explosive but McBride averaged over 6 YPC in college. Brown was no slouch at 5.3 YPC and most likely better competition. Brown also had 27 receptions this past season.

Keaton Mitchell is the RB I would like in the 5 or 6th. Scat back type that can play all over the field and return kicks. Averaged 6.5 YPC throughout college and 20+ receptions the last two seasons.
                Another 4th round RB though - hasn't worked with Spiller - but there is hope I guess. Kelley was 4 or 5 too

That said, I still have Edge and TE above RB

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                  As the 17th pick in Moore's offense Ceedee Lamb had 74 catches for 935 yards and scored 7 touchdowns in 16 games in his rookie season in 2020. If we get something like this from QJ it was a good pick. If he's dropping passes left and right and puts up low numbers it was the wrong pick. ​
                  I don't see him getting that as the 3rd, 4th, 5th option this year. But I'd love to see 8-10 TDs over 40 yards.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Another 4th round RB though - hasn't worked with Spiller - but there is hope I guess. Kelley was 4 or 5 too

Our best RB was an UDFA. I hope Spiller surprises us this year but probably should take some more shots at the goal in the draft.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

I agree, I was just naming a couple that could be had in the 4th and not the 3rd. I would prefer Keaton Mitchell in the 5th or 6th that could be utilized all over the field with return ability. I still have faith in Spiller. The coaching staff’s roster management was straight SHIT at the end of the season and questionable at best during the season.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

If you are trying to be a big pain, you're succeeding. Please drop it.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Another Keaton Mitchell recognition. Excellent. I'm a Pirate fan so I've watched him a good bit. The kid is lightning in a bottle.

Comment

Working...
                          X