2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    they've been getting value at their picks and in positions where they needed depth, can't be mad when the team is drafting smart and efficient like this....
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
      Telesco whiffed not taking Darnell Washington. While he wasn’t my 1st or 2nd pick for the position, he would have been tremendous value in 3rd round.

His size means he’s like another OL on the line who can block for the run game and an area the Chargers need immense improving.

Steelers made a wise pick. Unlike Telesco they understand winning the LOS battle is the 1st priority in the NFL.
      one injury question mark at TE on the roster already, we didn't have the luxury of having two...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Telesco whiffed not taking Darnell Washington. While he wasn’t my 1st or 2nd pick for the position, he would have been tremendous value in 3rd round.

His size means he’s like another OL on the line who can block for the run game and an area the Chargers need immense improving.

Steelers made a wise pick. Unlike Telesco they understand winning the LOS battle is the 1st priority in the NFL.
        And if his knee trouble turns out to be a real issue, that sent him falling past EVERY team in the NFL 2 or 3 times, then what? Then we could have the built in "Telasco sucks in the 3rd round" mantra. The dude is dammed if he does or does not.

I like Henley. Thanks Tom.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

K9 is fucking hopeless, he has no business starting on our defense other than the fact he was a first round pick a lot of teams would have already moved on from him...his instincts are awful and he overcompensates by flying into tackles late like the play that got Michael Davis hurt in the playoff game which hurt us big time...I had predicted that something like that was bound to happen because he had been doing that all season, not friendly fire but stupid fire...

it'll be idiotic if they don't want to start henley over him because of draft status of because they think K9 might yield a comp pick down the road...this is where the owner and the owner's son need to fuck right off and not meddle with personnel decisions...
          I have to admit... I liked K9 coming out of college. I predicted that he would be a 2nd round pick. I was a bit surprised they traded up for him.
          IMO, he was an OLB in a 4-3 system... not an ILB for a 3-4 system. At Oklahoma, he was asked to cover the flat, pursue the backside, and blitz from time to time. He wasn't given many reads and was allowed to play fast. His role in college was very different from the responsibilities that Gus gave to him. I remember 1 or 2 games where they let him play fast (without the reads/responsibilities)... and he made a bunch of plays. I think he's being used wrong. I don't think he fits Staley's scheme at all. They gave him a chance but he doesn't seem to be able to process quickly enough... and plays slow because of this. He might actually fit another team's scheme... who knows, the defenses are changing rapidly now.

I like that they went and re-vamped the LB personnel (Kendricks and Henly). I think the defense takes a big step. If they can get slot-corner and FS nailed down, they'll be a top-10 defense.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

they've been getting value at their picks and in positions where they needed depth, can't be mad when the team is drafting smart and efficient like this....
            The second and third round picks - good value

that first round pick is a little disconcerting - thats a big gap. Had to be higher on Telescos' board - hopefully like top 18 if not top 15 type player. In the first round, if you are truly reaching that much - you are helping the league out.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

My only draft guess for the day. Stetson Bennett. QB, Georgia.

I do think we bring in a 3rd qb for the team.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

And yet you were upset about the QJ pick. Different positions but WR are also expected to help in the run game in Moore’s scheme.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                  impressive, looks like a legit player...

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

one injury question mark at TE on the roster already, we didn't have the luxury of having two...
                    Darnell visited the Steelers in person before the draft. I’m sure they looked closely at the injuries and sought medical opinions versus relying on rumors.

The LB we got in the 3rd round was injured in college and missed games. Years ago the Chargers drafted a fast coverage LB who’s only knock was he was undersized. He got injured too often and never panned out.

It will be interesting to follow Darnell’s career but when Steelers lineup with their two big TE formation of Washington and Frehmuth in the Redzone, who are both great blockers, it will be terrifying for defenses as opposed to our porous easily overrun OL’s.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The second and third round picks - good value

that first round pick is a little disconcerting - thats a big gap. Had to be higher on Telescos' board - hopefully like top 18 if not top 15 type player. In the first round, if you are truly reaching that much - you are helping the league out.
                      Yeah, I mean sometimes you have to overdraft to get guys you want in the locker room. Look at Detroit...they over drafted two players in the first and I'm sure they really don't care what anyone thinks. Gibbs is a weapon that helps out an average QB and Campbell is potential team leader for their defense.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Chargers biggest offensive problem was getting short yardage on 3rd down in the run game. 3 rounds and they are sitting pat with the same personnel from last year.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Keondre Coburn DT TEX
                          Terell Smith CB MIN
                          Jay Ward DB LSU
                          Payne Durham TE PURDUE
                          Jake Andrews IOL TROY
                          Demario Douglas KR LIBERTY
                          Xavier Smith WR FAMU

Day Three, UDFA Favs
                          Hey...where is that one guy...the one with the tongue numbing name...Xaz-something or other, lol....
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X