2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Drafting same general area 13-21 year after year tells a story

Telesco tendencies

keep original picks

Stick & pick

no compensatory selections

next year projection #18

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Intelligent take from PFF on our draft...

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

High praise for Jordan McFadden, very exciting.
        we're the "OL rebels" of the league. Ha.

edit: oh and I called us not drafting a rb.
        AND S!
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Key takeaway for me, even though they drafted Max Duggan, was, he throws a very catchable ball. I agree with that from what I’ve seen, very Chase Daniels esq. but surely factored into Johnston high drop rate? Combination of factors, adjusting to ball dying, allowing defender to recover and make up ground or creating unnecessary contact/interference. One thing for sure, he won’t have that problem with Herbert. High velocity, pinpoint throws to a big strong handed receiver a plus. Most deep downfield rockets are high impact, bang bang collisions so getting football quickly & accurately into tight windows will be key to really unlocking his true potential. Stay tuned.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Just look at the tape USC vs UCLA Tutu made game changing plays.

Quentin Johnston made game changing plays against Michigan and Georgia. Even though they got thier ass kicked he had a touchdown. I’m not just saying that.

Jaxson is tremendous I don’t know where all the chatter came from that he’d be the first receiver taken drafted. All pre draft process Quentin Johnston was the guy. Getting him 21 is a great value pick. For a guy who was top 10 top 15.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Great vid right here

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                Great vid right here

https://youtu.be/fmS_oDP-zi0
                Great work. Great vid.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

Great work. Great vid.

Love this team man. Tutuli. Look at a guy like Jalen Carter. We got a man child who’s 20 yrs old. He’s in great shape. He plays like a baby Aaron Donald. Marinate on this when he figures out fitness body NFL stuff. He’s gonna get around Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa y’all not seeing that even a guy like Sebastian Day this guy is gonna be great gonna get to the Quarterback and stop the run. I’m so excited about this guy.

teams really dropped the ball watch out now.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

Henley looks fast he just plays fast.

I’m gonna bring up Brian Urlacher remember him. His ability to cover being a former receiver. Is gonna be awesome. He just looks fast on his tape. We got a steal. Look at what I’m saying Tom Telesco got a steal. Wow. We really did the damn thing.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Look at Lamar Jackson today talking about throwing for 6,000 yds. Whose the guy? They got Zay Flowers.

I gurantee Quentin Johnston was going to Baltimore.

look at that tape I gurantee Quentin Johnston will be a pro bowler with Justin Herbert. Why? Because the ball will be there on time accurate. He gets to his spots in route running he’s just waiting for the ball to come down. If it’s in stride he’s scoring on a lot of those plays.

I look at the tape reason I said Jamar Chase same body type strong speed. Difference with Jamar Chase he played with Joe Burrow at College at LSU Quentin Johnston got Max Duggan in the NFL.

if Quentin Johnston transferred to USC and played with Caleb Williams he’d be a top 5 pick.

Herbert is gonna be like Burrow with Chase with Johnston. I like YaC guys not gadget guys they got thier Zay Flowers with Williams later in the draft. Man when you look at a draft how does a team hit it out of the ball park like this team did?

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                        Look at Lamar Jackson today talking about throwing for 6,000 yds. Whose the guy? They got Zay Flowers.

I gurantee Quentin Johnston was going to Baltimore.

look at that tape I gurantee Quentin Johnston will be a pro bowler with Justin Herbert. Why? Because the ball will be there on time accurate. He gets to his spots in route running he’s just waiting for the ball to come down. If it’s in stride he’s scoring on a lot of those plays.

I look at the tape reason I said Jamar Chase same body type strong speed. Difference with Jamar Chase he played with Joe Burrow at College at LSU Quentin Johnston got Max Duggan in the NFL.

if Quentin Johnston transferred to USC and played with Caleb Williams he’d be a top 5 pick.

Herbert is gonna be like Burrow with Chase with Johnston. I like YaC guys not gadget guys they got thier Zay Flowers with Williams later in the draft. Man when you look at a draft how does a team hit it out of the ball park like this team did?
                        Bro!!!
                        great post!
                        100% agree on all these bold takes.
                        Q would absolutely be Baltimore's pick.
                        A big target like him is what a less than accurate QB like Jackson needs.
                        Now, they're going to depend on Zay getting open a lot (which he could feasibly do)
                        But he's a small target that LJ would be wise to not try too often. Zay is NOT steve smith who was able to bully bigger DBs.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Bro!!!
                          great post!
                          100% agree on all these bold takes.
                          Q would absolutely be Baltimore's pick.
                          A big target like him is what a less than accurate QB like Jackson needs.
                          Now, they're going to depend on Zay getting open a lot (which he could feasibly do)
                          But he's a small target that LJ would be wise to not try too often. Zay is NOT steve smith who was able to bully bigger DBs.
                          Thanks Bro. I appreciate the kind words. I don’t know what to say. I just keep it real. I like what we did in this draft. I’m really impressed. It’s not about program it’s about player. Everybody talking about program. It’s not program it’s player. Tutu was at USC but he was a great player. Look at Seau he never won a championship in college and look at him. Look at Herbert at Oregon. He didn’t win a championship but Tua was selected before him. Chase Young was selected before him.

Ladanian Tomlinson played at TCU. And Michael Vick was drafted before him. You draft player. And the Chargers draft player. Telesco did that.

so if you really evaluate player you get a great player the Kid Tutu gets it. I scout USC I know that program been there since ED orgeron was the recruiting cordinator.

Let me let you marinate on this Troy Polomalo didn’t win a championship but the guy knew had instincts.

I saw Hufanga pre draft I knew the Niners got a steal cause the guy was always in on every play.

same with Tutu this guy would light guys up a as a defensive end chasing running backs shit like that.

Drake Jackson I don’t know if you know this kid another L.A. kid drafted by the 49ers. Freak ability Tututi is way better far more advanced then Jackson and he looked great on the Niners. So Hufanga Jackson Tutuli that was a unit they just never put it together.

I remember seeing Clay Matthews this kid might have a little that to him.

Henleys just an athlete. This team has way too much talent to not at least be in the AFC championship. with this offense we just need our defense to hold teams to 17 points.

we got it all as an offense. If Stayley doesn’t win I could see us making a run at Bellicheck.

Comment

Working...
                          X