2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

think the both of Bosa 'n Mack will be here for 2023, and the neither of 'em will be here come 2024.

and re: Keenan 'n MW.... think Williams is the much more likely casualty, as don't recall a season wherein he wasn't injured or @least hobbled for a significant amount of games, and know lots of you don't like to hear it, and.... dude was overdrafted and then overpaid on top of that (we did not get a deal w/his signing, and rather team Tommy John inflated the market for WRs, as they rushed to the toll booth to cash their newfound tickets as wideouts as good or better than MW).

and agree, don't think we wait 'til Herb's fifth year to resign him, and that when the salary cap dust settles, that we will retain Ek, Keenan 'n Herbo, and leaving Mack, Bosa and MW on the outs.

also hope we don't do so much restructuring, as that would indicate we are sticking w/the as is FO/HC combo that has gotten to this stage.... overly susceptible/vulnerable to the injury bug.

do think 'tis likely that the neither of Tranq nor the Nas will be w/us after this next offseason, albeit do think we will do our best to retain the likes of Vato, Feiler, Pips 'n and even Callahan (if he can continue to dodge/elude the injury bug).
    Last edited by beachcomber; 10-24-2022, 12:51 AM.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

When looking at the draft... I see edge-rushers, cornerbacks, and a safety that are really good value near the end of Round 1.
      IMO, the WR's slotted there, are not super impressive... especially when compared to the edge rushers.
      When you start comparing late-2nd round WR's to CB's... again your CB's just look like much better value.
      wondering who you've got penciled in to date.... ??

@Edge I like Jared Verse, and as a DE/Mack replacement, think Tyree Wilson is hard to ignore.

round one/two CB for me is Emmanuel Forbes, and w/the round one S/CB Antonio Johnson.

who are you likin' for round two @CB/DB ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

lookin' over the midseason report from pff, think Bryce Young is way too risky, healthwise, of a pick, 'specially for first overall.

and as of now, am not getting my hopes up for Bijan, as think he could well be off the board top ten, and despite that the some of pundits are penciling him for the last stanza of round one.

also not interested in Michael Mayer, but would def be excited to add Dalton Kincaid.... hopefully 'round round three ??

Skoronski is def Oline No. 1 by my take, and do think need will def push him up the board and out of our reach.

and do like Cooper Beebe some, but think his slotting is gonna be a little rich for me ?? and ditto for O'Cyrus Torrence, as he again looks like the real deal, albeit not sure his price tag won't be a little high for my likin' ??

big ? for me is Calijah Kancey.... how good is he gonna be, and where will he end up slotting ?? won't be disappointed if he becomes a Charger, just not sure there aren't others I'd rather have ahead of him ??

one of Nutty's boys, Tommy Eichenberg gets a mention here, but personally would def prefer Sewell ahead of him, and even more so if Noah lasts into day two.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-scouting-notebook-midseason-college-football-all-prospect-team

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

in consideration as to your "Chargers" draft strategy.... https://www.besthorserider.com/charger-horse-breed/

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Yes...fire this thread up.

*Hello darkness, my old friend*
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

I’m going to give it 4-5 more weeks. By then, I’ll be fine saying most of the team will be expendable. As well as almost the whole coaching staff.

I would say the players that aren’t on the trading block should be.

Herbert
              Linsley
              Slater
              Johnson
              Salyer
              Austin Johnson
              Samuel Jr
              D. James
              Spiller
              Kelly
              Everett

Try to get some picks and move some money off the books. I would try and make some trades for players like DJ Moore.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                I’m going to give it 4-5 more weeks. By then, I’ll be fine saying most of the team will be expendable. As well as almost the whole coaching staff.

I would say the players that aren’t on the trading block should be.

Herbert
                Linsley
                Slater
                Johnson
                Salyer
                Austin Johnson
                Samuel Jr
                D. James
                Spiller
                Kelly
                Everett

Try to get some picks and move some money off the books. I would try and make some trades for players like DJ Moore.
                Since the trading deadline is November 1st which is before our next game, the team can't wait 4 or 5 weeks. We aren't selling at 4-3, if anything, we'll be buying.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Since the trading deadline is November 1st which is before our next game, the team can't wait 4 or 5 weeks. We aren't selling at 4-3, if anything, we'll be buying.
                  I’m not talking about trading players this season. I was saying see where they are at in 4-5 weeks. And if it’s a complete disaster, then try and trade players in the offseason.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

wondering who you've got penciled in to date.... ??

@Edge I like Jared Verse, and as a DE/Mack replacement, think Tyree Wilson is hard to ignore.

round one/two CB for me is Emmanuel Forbes, and w/the round one S/CB Antonio Johnson.

who are you likin' for round two @CB/DB ??
                    Assuming Will Anderson Jr and Myles Murphy are gone...
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8wonzDwRuk (Felix Anudike-Uzomah)
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJBMI0TSNk (BJ Ojulari)
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0672mtXG6WE (Isaiah Foskey)
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fyQRJZFtYA (Jared Verse)

That's 6 EDGE players in the 1st round.

Emmanuel Forbes and Antonio Johnson are definitely in that 1st round conversation.
                    Cam Smith, Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, Clark Phillips...
                    But the class is really deep... 11-12 CB's that are probably 1st/2nd round talent.

I've been drafting EDGE (1st round) and CB/S in the 2nd/3rd rounds lately...

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Assuming Will Anderson Jr and Myles Murphy are gone...
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8wonzDwRuk (Felix Anudike-Uzomah)
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJBMI0TSNk (BJ Ojulari)
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0672mtXG6WE (Isaiah Foskey)
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fyQRJZFtYA (Jared Verse)

That's 6 EDGE players in the 1st round.
                      are you ok w/any of those six EDs as Chargers ??

besides Verse and Tyree Wilson (who is more a DE than ED), not sure I feel overly certain/good w/most any of those other guys.

and do like YaYa Diaby as a day three/UDFA flyer.

have you zeroed in on a coupla few guys yet, or are you just surveying the field still ?? and have you come across a developmental prospect anywhere @all ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Emmanuel Forbes and Antonio Johnson are definitely in that 1st round conversation.
                        Cam Smith, Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, Clark Phillips...
                        But the class is really deep... 11-12 CB's that are probably 1st/2nd round talent.

I've been drafting EDGE (1st round) and CB/S in the 2nd/3rd rounds lately...
                        and ditto for DBs.... are you ok w/the any of those 11-12 CBs you mention, as Chargers ??

personally have pretty much zeroed in on Forbes to date, albeit not overly keen on drafting a safety/nickel CB round one, and despite that we might have a need there, post Adderley, if and when that might be the case ??

also like Cameron Brown day three, or as an UDFA, if he somehow drops, as he's got (major) injury concerns, but he might be hellah good as a CB4/5.

thing is we've got the bodies for next year already w/the likes of Derwin, Woods, Alohi, Webb and Ja'Sir @S, and w/JC Jack, Asante and Callahan as starters @CB, and depending on what happens w/Mike D.... and we've got Leonard back there as well ??

after drafting Woods, would be a tad surprised if we doubled down @safety again next year, and think it more likely we go after a corner in next year's draft ??

and same situation @Edge, as we have both Bosa 'n Mack, and then Van Noy and Rumph behind them.

what do you see as the gambit (day one/two) if you're team Tommy John ??

ps. do you see a Jack Jones 2.0 (nice call last go 'round btw), and/or developmental type player there @DB ??

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

are you ok w/any of those six EDs as Chargers ??

besides Verse and Tyree Wilson (who is more a DE than ED), not sure I feel overly certain/good w/most any of those other guys.

and do like YaYa Diaby as a day three/UDFA flyer.

have you zeroed in on a coupla few guys yet, or are you just surveying the field still ?? and have you come across a developmental prospect anywhere @all ??
                          I think all of those EDGE players fit well... that's why I included them (and not Wilson). Got any Diaby tape I can watch...?
                          I like Felix Anudike-Uzomah the best.
                          Washington Huskies have 2 guys that are being productive... Bralen Trice and Jeremiah Martin. Drew Sanders has the frame to put more weight on...

Comment

Working...
                          X