2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    The WR situation

KC is in SuperBowl with Juju, Marques-Valdez, K. Toney and Skyy More.
    The Chargers have KA, MW, J. Palmer and Guyton or Carter.
    We don't have to be embarrassed with that !
    They have Kelce. Who do we have?

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

The WR situation

You forgot Hardiman for KC but he’s easy to forget. They beat Cincy with MVS and Skyy Moore. And Kelce. He’s the real #1

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
        Let's do this!
        • Aug 2022
        • Raleigh N. Carolina
        • Send PM

We need a star TE going forward, its in the Chargers DNA going back a lonnnng ways.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Dewand Jones anyone? 6'8" with an 89" wing span? That's the the wing span of a 7'6" man. Oh and he is athletic too.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
            We need a star TE going forward, its in the Chargers DNA going back a lonnnng ways.
            Agree. Everett is okay, but not elite and is too inconsistent. Parham is still raw and one hit away from retirement. He's a good complementary TE and if he blossoms and stays healthy it's just a bonus.

Adding Kincaid in the first round would be fantastic. Pair him with Hyatt in the second round and we'd have a really scary passing attack.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Don't get fooled by "highlights", I've seen games where he disappeared. (and that's not easy at his size).

Daniel Jeremiah is a pretty good draft analyst and he has Washington as his 17th ranked prospect in the entire draft.

For those of you that want to fix the run game it would be like having and extra offensive tackle that would snuff out many rushers and clear running lanes, and when he gets the ball could be a beast running over people!

Big, tough massive target for Herbert and mauler in run game. Sounds fun to me!

A traditional in-line tight end, Washington is a massive physical specimen with outstanding play strength and toughness. He can power through press coverage with upper-body strength. He uses his long stride to build speed down the seam and provides an enormous target for his QB. He is a little clunky getting out of breaks, which limits his separation. However, it doesn't really matter because he can use his big body to shield off defenders. He has some "wow" contested catches where opponents just bounce off his frame. After the catch, he is shockingly fast and nimble (see: the hurdle vs. Oregon). He is a dominant run blocker, as he latches onto and displaces defensive ends with ease. Overall, Washington has tremendous value because he functions as a sixth offensive lineman in the run game and he's a moving billboard in the passing game.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                Does anybody feel comfortable going into a PO game with one of MW or Allen out, and the rest of the receiving crew as is?
                I don't, and when I said I like what we have I was only thinking about the starters. We need some receivers to back up the starters. I think we should look to add three WRs to our team - but, they don't need to be first round draft picks. As we were this year, we couldn't even use a four WR set in some games because we only had the three that were any sort of a threat.

Of course, all this discussion can be changed entirely by the time the draft comes. It's fun to discuss it but we all know a lot will change as we go through the off-season.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

So......you would put his locker next to Bosa????
                  LOL that would be an explosive combination.

Oh damn I am starting to really like Jalin Hyatt. Palmer could get his old teammate back.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I don't, and when I said I like what we have I was only thinking about the starters. We need some receivers to back up the starters. I think we should look to add three WRs to our team - but, they don't need to be first round draft picks. As we were this year, we couldn't even use a four WR set in some games because we only had the three that were any sort of a threat.

Of course, all this discussion can be changed entirely by the time the draft comes. It's fun to discuss it but we all know a lot will change as we go through the off-season.
                    At the least we need a 3rd NFL quality starter. Two wide outs and one in the slot. We can also use an upgrade at TE. We have so many needs that the
                    1st rounder can be offense or defense. Take the BPA. In the 2nd if one of the 3 or 4 top TEs is there that's where I go OR an elite LB. Our D line is a big
                    question mark, thanks to injuries we don't really know what we got.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Flowers connection.
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Just watched a broshmo draft that had us taking Zay in the 1st rd.Wouldnt mind him or Hiyatt,Mayer,Bijon,or Addison in the 1st or 2nd.Hell I'd take any 2 of em in the first two rounds.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

The WR situation

With everyone healthy i like our group better.

Toney had so far showed to be very injury prone.
                          With KC he played a game or two, got hurt. Came back, got hurt. Came back for the pkayoffs, got hurt against the Bengals.

Was hurt in NY last year and this year before the trade.

Comment

Working...
                          X