2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Difficult decisions coming for sure, I just don't believe it's wise to trade him now that he finally has mack.
    I don't think we can get much for him in a trade but if you think we can get 2 first then id consider that, the first would automatically go to a passrusher.
    Zero chance. Maybe one 2nd rd pick. Is he better than a 2nd round pick? Yes. Can TT reload with better overall talent by trading him for that 2? Beats me. As I read Over the Cap - he has $14M left in prorated bonus - $7M 2023 $7M 2024. His 2022 Salary $24M is guaranteed but a trade would assume that, so he’s a $14M Cap to trade vs $31M Cap if on the roster. So TT conceivably has $17M Cap savings to trade him. Unless that $14M can be spread over 2 years, I don’t know Cap rules. Anyone that checks the math and finds errors, i welcome a reply update - no offense taken.

TT could restructure his money owed out to 2025 or 2026 and maybe get similar Cap savings but that locks in higher cap numbers in those years, kicking the can and all that. His contract has roster bonuses in 2024 and 2025 so his cap numbers right now with no action are already $29M and $25M respectively so those numbers get bigger to move 2023 Cap hit out.

Another data point - in 2024 and 2025 his base salary is not guaranteed. They can cut him in 2024 for a $7M hit, 2025 for $0, but who cuts a starting Edge player for no return? He’s not a FA so they wouldnt even get a comp pick as I understand it.

All per OTC: http://overthecap.com/player/joey-bosa/4716

OTC dead cap calculations assume he’d be cut, not traded (i think?)
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If we go TE early i prefer Kincaid.
      What do you like about him better?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Yeah, I’m not buying kincaid over mayer either…I like both but mayer is a better all round player, kincaid is not only older but more of a project, I think he’s an excellent receiving type TE…I was impressed with kincaid in the games I saw him in this year, I saw him like 4 times in 2022 on TV…honestly I didn’t really pay attention to his run or pass blocking ability…perhaps someone that has studied him more in depth can chime in, I loved what I saw receiving tho, but it didn’t scream first TE off the board type stuff…I do like jeremiah but just don’t agree with this pick…
        Spot on...Herbert to Mayer would be legend...

I do like Kincaid, but Mayer is the better prospect...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

What do you like about him better?
          I think both are good players but first thing is i dont have to use a first rounder on him. Id rather use the first on a Edge rusher, RB, DT or CB.

Kincaid is still a little bit raw. Is a good route runner already though and has good hands.. I think he will be a better playmaker than Meyer.
          Kincaid is a little undersized at 240 but maybe can add 10 lbs .

Not quite the blocker Meyer is but im thinking he has a higher cieling and with good coaching he undoubtedly will get better as he is a willing blocker now but i wouldnt say great .
          Tommy Tremble was a good blocker and made some plays but he rarely plays 2 years in now the NFL.

Meyer right now is probably more ready but doubt either will start over Everett anyways.

Kincaid was a basketball player as well. Seems to always add an element.
          Kincaid started at USD before he went to Utah which means nothing to me but some will like that.

I do like Meyer but to me if i want a first round TE, it will be Brock Bowers type in 2024. That kid is a stud. I wouldnt be disapointed if we drafted Meyer, just think id prefer Kincaid.

Kincaid as of now reminds me some of Evan Engram of the Jags but think he can be better and Engram has been pretty good.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-21-2023, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Zero chance. Maybe one 2nd rd pick. Is he better than a 2nd round pick? Yes. Can TT reload with better overall talent by trading him for that 2? Beats me. As I read Over the Cap - he has $14M left in prorated bonus - $7M 2023 $7M 2024. His 2022 Salary $24M is guaranteed but a trade would assume that, so he’s a $14M Cap to trade vs $31M Cap if on the roster. So TT conceivably has $17M Cap savings to trade him. Unless that $14M can be spread over 2 years, I don’t know Cap rules. Anyone that checks the math and finds errors, i welcome a reply update - no offense taken.

TT could restructure his money owed out to 2025 or 2026 and maybe get similar Cap savings but that locks in higher cap numbers in those years, kicking the can and all that. His contract has roster bonuses in 2024 and 2025 so his cap numbers right now with no action are already $29M and $25M respectively so those numbers get bigger to move 2023 Cap hit out.

Another data point - in 2024 and 2025 his base salary is not guaranteed. They can cut him in 2024 for a $7M hit, 2025 for $0, but who cuts a starting Edge player for no return? He’s not a FA so they wouldnt even get a comp pick as I understand it.

All per OTC: http://overthecap.com/player/joey-bosa/4716

OTC dead cap calculations assume he’d be cut, not traded (i think?)
            Agree, not 2 firsts. Maybe SF would over pay us a first and Hufanga ( he was a 5th) for Joey. They would have the brothers on the same team and you know they would compete for bragging rights lol.. Never know. They traded up for Lance. I had him a 3rd rounder.

How about a 2nd and Hufanga?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I’d like to hear more, apparently daniel jeremiah agrees with you too…I saw both guys on TV in 2022 probably 4 times a piece, honestly mayer made the bigger impression on me, IDK why, just did…
              Didn't know that. Is there a link to Jeremiahs top 50 or is there not one yet?

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Didn't know that. Is there a link to Jeremiahs top 50 or is there not one yet?
                just a mock draft - https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jere...eams-selecting
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  Ah man, he has us taking Kincaid at #21. I'm hoping only Daniel sees that lol.

He also has Will McDonald in the first round. Haven't seen that yet and I'm kinda shocked.
                  I was ideally hoping for round 3 but I like him too if we don't go Edge round 1.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Nick Bosa's comments about how he felt during halftime of last week's game against Seattle.

Some players vented. Others, like NFL sack leader and presumptive defensive player of the year Nick Bosa, wallowed in their own angst.​

“I definitely could’ve been better,” Bosa told me afterward. “The playoffs are f— nerve-wracking, but I need to be better at handling it when things aren’t going perfectly. I should have more confidence in the guys. In that situation, I just don’t know what to say to guys. So I just let Fred take over.”

Sure enough, defensive captain Fred Warner, the team’s Pro Bowl linebacker and emotional anchor, had plenty to say to his teammates.

“Obviously, there’s a sense of urgency,” Warner said. “It doesn’t matter who was the best in the regular season; it’s who’s the best right now. I told people, ‘Hey, if we don’t go out and take this thing, this is our last game.’”

Trading Joey Bosa is not the answer. Getting a head coach who can control the locker room and develop his leaders is.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Ontario , Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

??? We made the postseason with the most injured roster in the NFL. That was the depth got us there.
                      It's possible to upgrade depth at some positions. Players released, FA will change the picture.
                      And our lack of depth was why we were bounced in the 1st round despite JAX practically gifting us the game.

Lucky to get there actually considering we didnt have enough quality depth to run the ball or stop the run. lack of WR, and CB depth hurt us in game after Deandre Carter and Michael Davis went down. Down to 3 WR including scrub Bandy,.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                        Nick Bosa's comments about how he felt during halftime of last week's game against Seattle.

Some players vented. Others, like NFL sack leader and presumptive defensive player of the year Nick Bosa, wallowed in their own angst.​

“I definitely could’ve been better,” Bosa told me afterward. “The playoffs are f— nerve-wracking, but I need to be better at handling it when things aren’t going perfectly. I should have more confidence in the guys. In that situation, I just don’t know what to say to guys. So I just let Fred take over.”

Sure enough, defensive captain Fred Warner, the team’s Pro Bowl linebacker and emotional anchor, had plenty to say to his teammates.

“Obviously, there’s a sense of urgency,” Warner said. “It doesn’t matter who was the best in the regular season; it’s who’s the best right now. I told people, ‘Hey, if we don’t go out and take this thing, this is our last game.’”

Trading Joey Bosa is not the answer. Getting a head coach who can control the locker room and develop his leaders is.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/m...t-17718957.php
                        So Shanahan lost his locker room at half time last week, and a player had to bring it back together? I’m confused how the post shows anything about Joey. I think you’re right on Joey now though. Had some time to calm down lol. He fucked up big time in the JAX game, and thats not acceptable for a vet leader.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

So Shanahan lost his locker room at half time last week, and a player had to bring it back together? I’m confused how the post shows anything about Joey. I think you’re right on Joey now though. Had some time to calm down lol. He fucked up big time in the JAX game, and thats not acceptable for a vet leader.
                          Maybe you should read the whole article. Shanahan did everything he was supposed to in that moment.

Comment

Working...
                          X