2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

gonna give myself some props for Garrett Wilson and George Pickens, and.... for Cade Otton, as took a ton of flak for that guy.... woulda been a great Charger.

and props to McNutty for the both of McDuffie and McCreary, and to wu for Jalen Pitre....
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'm seeing articles claiming Popper listed player x, y,and z are potentially salary cap casualties. One player is Mack. You have to be a special kind of stupid to trade a second round pick on a guy redo his contract then cut him and be left with millions of dead cap money... These players are salary converted to bonus candidates.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        The salary cap’s effect on the O Line is concerning to me. I can’t see Feiler being brought back because we need the cap space. Salyer slides into his spot nicely. Younger and cheaper.

Do we give Feiler’s money to Pips or let him walk. There are ORTs available in this draft, easily through the 2nd and perhaps through the 3rd round.

Building an OL is just a never ending job.

And if you take an OL early, Some other needy position goes unfilled. This team just cannot seem to get ahead of the talent curve.
        Kellen Moore is sitting down and watching tape of the offensive line-play right now and asking the same questions we are as he takes notes and evaluates his new offense. I am excited about the ability to run a play-action offense, as QB Cooper Rush thrived in that offensive philosophy. I expect Herbert to kill it.

And I am curious to see who Kellen chooses as his power back as well.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Kellen Moore is sitting down and watching tape of the offensive line-play right now and asking the same questions we are as he takes notes and evaluates his new offense. I am excited about the ability to run a play-action offense, as QB Cooper Rush thrived in that offensive philosophy. I expect Herbert to kill it.

Good stuff. Kellen's influence is a game changer.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            I'm seeing articles claiming Popper listed player x, y,and z are potentially salary cap casualties. One player is Mack. You have to be a special kind of stupid to trade a second round pick on a guy redo his contract then cut him and be left with millions of dead cap money... These players are salary converted to bonus candidates.
            I think you've summed it up nicely

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

This has been discussed before, popper is not drawing out a plan of action, his article only lists guys that have large cap numbers, I don’t think he’s suggesting that they cut all of those players, at least that’s the way I interpreted it…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I am looking forward to healthy Herbert in the Moore offense.

PA.
                RPO.
                Bootlegs.

There must be RZ improvement.
                In marinating on all the possibilities, I am still not sure what flavor of RB, WR, TE suits my plan for domination.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

PA.
                  RPO.
                  Bootlegs.

In marinating on all the possibilities, I am still not sure what flavor of RB, WR, TE suits my plan for domination.

Found this video last night Can Anybody Stop the Cowboys Offense?

It's pretty good.

Author makes interesting points, like Scott Linehan oversaw Dak and Ezekiel's first years in Big D. Kellen improved them.
                  Made solid points as to how Moore will incorporate and build his offense too. I felt like I had a firmer grasp of where this offense is going
                  under it's new philosophy of play-action offense.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2021
                    • Carlsbad, CA
                    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                    • Send PM

special kind of stupid == we have that is spades; Spanos, TT, Staley

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

PA.
                      RPO.
                      Bootlegs.

how 'bout an Oline for starters.... we've still got 3 outta 5 ?s on the Line.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        gonna give myself some props for Garrett Wilson and George Pickens, and.... for Cade Otton, as took a ton of flak for that guy.... woulda been a great Charger.

and props to McNutty for the both of McDuffie and McCreary, and to wu for Jalen Pitre....
                        Huge Pickens fan...never understood how injuries and inconsistent QB play his final year erased remarkable tape throughout his college career...he made Fromm look like the next Drew Brees...they got a steal with that kid...
                        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

how 'bout an Oline for starters.... we've still got 3 outta 5 ?s on the Line.
                          Count me in for OL depth, upgrade.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X