2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAY OW 55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

And No we can’t trade Bosa. Edge rusher is so hard to replace. You don’t believe me go ask the Rams. How they doing without Von Miller??? You need that Edge. Bosa is one of the top defensive ends in the game. Joey Bosa is one of our foundational building blocks on this team. On defense.

you don’t trade those guys. Everyone has one. Rams Aaron Donald 49ers Nick Bosa Cowboys Micha Parsons Chiefs Chris Jones Browns Myles Garrett.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Saw a mock on Youtube today that had us take 1 Hyatt 2 BJ Ojulari 3 Zay Flowers.That sounds like an exciting draft,not realistic but cool.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
        And No we can’t trade Bosa. Edge rusher is so hard to replace. You don’t believe me go ask the Rams. How they doing without Von Miller??? You need that Edge. Bosa is one of the top defensive ends in the game. Joey Bosa is one of our foundational building blocks on this team. On defense.

you don’t trade those guys. Everyone has one. Rams Aaron Donald 49ers Nick Bosa Cowboys Micha Parsons Chiefs Chris Jones Browns Myles Garrett.
        Yeah, I agree. People are pissed at Joey's mental mistakes in the playoff game and his injury this year. But having a really good EDGE rusher is a must. The contract they gave him signifies that they think he's around longer than Mack... and he's younger. Re-structure Joey... he's got room on the backend of his contract.

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, I agree. People are pissed at Joey's mental mistakes in the playoff game and his injury this year. But having a really good EDGE rusher is a must. The contract they gave him signifies that they think he's around longer than Mack... and he's younger. Re-structure Joey... he's got room on the backend of his contract.
          I didn't say we SHOULD. I'd be happy if he finished his career in lightning bolts. That being said, his production is certainly down, he's good for 2 Offsides and a Personal Foul a game and his injuries are mounting. It'd be foolish to not take calls.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I didn't say we SHOULD. I'd be happy if he finished his career in lightning bolts. That being said, his production is certainly down, he's good for 2 Offsides and a Personal Foul a game and his injuries are mounting. It'd be foolish to not take calls.
            I’m finally on board with trading joey, towards the end of the season the defense adjusted to not having him around and between fox, van noy, and mack they were generating good pressure during that four game win stretch…after what joey did in jax, I don’t trust him anymore, it’s not the first time he does shit like that either and he’s cost the team with stupid boneheaded bullshit in the past too…but in a playoff game? That was inexcusable, especially from a team captain…let’s not forget he got benched for long stretches in that game…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

We had 40 sacks this season without Bosa.
              We had 35 in 2021 with him.

Comment

• SK21209
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2020
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And? I don't see your point. Joey's been good for 10+ sacks every year he's healthy, so we'd have more sacks if he didn't tear his groin.

Watch the tape of Weeks 1 and 2 this season and then all of the games Bosa was out, our pass rush was really good against the Raiders and Chiefs with Bosa and Mack both out there and was anemic for most of the season with Bosa out. Bosa came back against the Rams and clearly suffered a setback against the Broncos in Week 18. He was not benched, he was injured. If you're playing the Staley/Fangio split-safety scheme you need high end passrushers. Period.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

And? I don't see your point. Joey's been good for 10+ sacks every year he's healthy, so we'd have more sacks if he didn't tear his groin.

Watch the tape of Weeks 1 and 2 this season and then all of the games Bosa was out, our pass rush was really good against the Raiders and Chiefs with Bosa and Mack both out there and was anemic for most of the season with Bosa out. Bosa came back against the Rams and clearly suffered a setback against the Broncos in Week 18. He was not benched, he was injured. If you're playing the Staley/Fangio split-safety scheme you need high end passrushers. Period.
                  If 10+ is the benchmark then he has had four seasons as such. With 40 being the baseline, Joey has 45 in those 4 years combined, so he has exceeded the 10+ threshold by just 1.25 each season. This is not "superstar" IMHO, just slightly above the median you established and pretty thin at that.

Combine the 10 cent head he brings to the table and I say let him be someone else's IR designation.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    Saw a mock on Youtube today that had us take 1 Hyatt 2 BJ Ojulari 3 Zay Flowers.That sounds like an exciting draft,not realistic but cool.
                    Fansided had an article listing four possible number 1's for us. One was Hyatt from the Vols. One was Mayers the TE from Notre Dame (cue the Telasco gold dome haters in 3, 2, 1.....). Another was Bryan Breese the DT from Clemson and last was Brian Branch the safety from Alabama.

Not so sure we jump on the TE or safety bandwagon in round 1. Hyatt is extremely intriguing and thinking of him running under 40 yard rainbows from Justin with a gasping CB behind him is a nice fantasy. Breese.....I do like some defensive beef in the middle and god knows we need it.

If if's and buts were candy and nuts.......

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah but he was hurt. He does stuff on the field that doesnt come up in the stat sheet. You can’t trade this guy. The guy was playing hurt. Looking what he did last season the guy had a tremendous season. He’s extremely honest. No player will let us in like that.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

No more lineman. Look we’ve addressed the line Rashawn Slater. Johnson over a guy Jordan Davis who could’ve for sure sured up our run defense. So I’m over this. We need to get offensive help for Herbert at the skill position.

is Meyer Gronk?????? Don’t know or is he Just another tight end??? You gotta be careful with tight end cause everybody said OJ Howard was a perennial pro bowler.

not a position of need. We have Everett you saw what he did in the playoff game. We can get Mike Bobo in the second or third round UCLA or the tight end from Alabama.

this has to be a home run pick. I’m contemplating trading up. I want Bijan Robinson Texas. He’s already better then Najee Harris. More explosive then Najee Harris. One of the top players in the draft. Basically he’s a 220 pound Reggie Bush. All that size and speed. That’s a special talent. That’s why I said Eric Dickerson when you have that size and speed that’s what you need. Herbert needs that explosive back.

Ladanian in his hey day went about 215-220

as for reciever you can’t go wrong with Addison he’s Chris Ouave. Knows the whole route tree. We’re going to make sure we get Herbert that help.

now if you don’t want Robinson you can get Zach Charbonette in the second round.
                        would never sign off on that....

we're finally experiencing a bit of a surge/resurgence, and now we want to go away from what got us here/in gear.... drafting beef/linemen !! ??

NTs don't come along very too often.... if Siaki Ika is within range and others are off the board, he is def under consideration.

if Bijan, Bresee, Tyree and some other enviable round one targets have gone off the board, darn well sure am lookin' @the likes of an O'Cyrus Torrence or Broderick Jones to fortify our line.... our Oline is not set.... when we can both run the ball and give Herb enough time to throw long, only then will I feel comfortable w/our linemen, and.... even then, Herb is coming up for a big payday, so we will need depth on our line, to ameliorate the losses we suffer via FA.

never enough linemen.... the hell w/CBs and the like.... on defense and in the trenches if we ever want to see a Lombardi !!
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

why TE?

Everett catches and runs hard
                          McKitty blocks very well
                          Parham blocks well with McKitty and is massive target

I dont see TE as need. I'd prefer NT like Mazi Smith
                          Smith's intangibles worry me/give me the willies.... ?? got burned by Malik McDowell once upon a time, and am cautious w/some of those IDLs.... they don't always pan out/live up to expectations.

and Parham is oft nowhere to be found, McKitty lets the air outta the tires/wind outta the sails w/his hands and pass catching more oft than most would care for, and what if Everett goes down, who you gonna call ??

Kincaid and/or Musgrave seem like solids, and gotta believe that Herb would well benefit from another pass catching TE, and that provides a hedge against Gerald's next contract, which is sooner than later.
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X