2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

If Pipkins is gone I am hoping for Wright, then Anton Harrison
    I liked darnel too…I’m not going to bother talking about broderick jones, peter skoronski, and paris johnson because those guys will be long gone by pick #21…my list of second tier guys that can be day one starters in order of preference…

darnell wright 1a
    matthew bergeron 1b
    braeden daniels
    earl bostick
    blake freeland

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I liked darnel too…I’m not going to bother talking about broderick jones, peter skoronski, and paris johnson because those guys will be long gone by pick #21…my list of second tier guys that can be day one starters in order of preference…

darnell wright 1a
      matthew bergeron 1b
      braeden daniels
      earl bostick
      blake freeland

after that group I think we are asking for trouble and herbert is going to have a rough year… need to grab one of these guys by the second round…

The more I see of the Chargers needs - it wouldn't be the worst thing if they got an extra day 2 pick. I get the Polamalu trade - but they can use a lot of good players.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Tillery was cut. Covington, Davison, Fehoko, Fox Gaziano are FAs. A Johnson and Otito had season ending injuries and are questionable.
        Bash is solid and under contract. With everybody healthy we didn't have a top 3T. We have an opening.
        Fehoko, Gaziano, and Merrill are restricted and will be there for camp along with johnson, SJD, otito, moa, and hinton…that’s eight guys at IDL aside from any potential draft picks or UDRFAs signings…Staley has kept as few as 5 on the active roster, so that’s another thing to keep in mind…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Fehoko, Gaziano, and Merrill are restricted and will be there for camp along with johnson, SJD, otito, moa, and hinton…that’s eight guys at IDL aside from any potential draft picks or UDRFAs signings…Staley has kept as few as 5 on the active roster, so that’s another thing to keep in mind…
          Merrill was released. Pretty sure he made another teams PS

If there are better veteran options - Staley should keep looking. I am talking Davidson, Moa and Hinton

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Yeah that’s what I thought, very crowded room and some good talent (we didn’t see much of last season due to injury).

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Mobile QBs with vision and arm talent are deadly. We MUST replace Tillery. It could be a red shirt year for Tito and AJ also.
              It’s likely Otito starts the year on IR but johnson could be ready to go by camp…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Merrill was released. Pretty sure he made another teams PS

If there are better veteran options - Staley should keep looking. I am talking Davidson, Moa and Hinton
                I didn’t realize merrill was let go, just assumed they’d tender him a future’s contract…they did sign moa and hinton to future’s I’m almost 100% on that, there was a press release right after the playoff loss to that effect…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Back to the combine, the TE group looked fantastic! I kept telling myself, we could take him, or him, OR him…LOL, a lot of teams are going to get healthy at TE this year, I hope we end up getting one of them by round three…

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Back to the combine, the TE group looked fantastic! I kept telling myself, we could take him, or him, OR him…LOL, a lot of teams are going to get healthy at TE this year, I hope we end up getting one of them by round three…
                    I understand not passing on talent at 21 - but if the board is in a good place with plenty of value - two picks in R2 and R3 seems like a solid way to go
                    Edge
                    RB
                    WR
                    TE

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yeah that’s what I thought, very crowded room and some good talent (we didn’t see much of last season due to injury).
                      SJD is our current best. He's pretty good.Top DL have at least one star. We do not. Our #28 run defense crowd is just names trying to make a roster, nothing special.
                      Who's gonna blow up KC's OL, make Mahomes uncomfortable?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

SJD is our current best. He's pretty good.Top DL have at least one star. We do not. Our crowd is just names trying to make a roster, nothing special.
                        Who's gonna blow up KC's OL, make Mahomes uncomfortable?
                        Good point. Very good point.

Chargers need to be better at stopping the run and getting pressure up the middle

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                          Now that the combine dust has settled I am more firmly set on Hyatt. We need dynamic playmakers for our franchise QB. Start from the top down rather than the ground up in this draft and free agency.
                          IF we go WR in the first round its got to be either Hyatt, Addison, Jaxon-Smith, or Johnson. Zay Flowers is jut a bit too small to risk a first round pick on.

Comment

Working...
                          X