2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Now that the combine dust has settled I am more firmly set on Hyatt. We need dynamic playmakers for our franchise QB. Start from the top down rather than the ground up in this draft and free agency.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Kupp...great player/perfect example, BJolt.

There have been some good RBs who are barely Two Hunny dripping wet.

And TEs who only run 4.62 (don't forget the 21 mph.)

Hahahaha.

RB/TE we will find somebody even if by accident, like Ek or Gates.

My thoughts on defense are that a highly disruptive 3TECH with Joey n Khalil bookends is the way to make hay. Enter Bresee/Calijah ! Or one of them dudes with long names.
      4.62 is pretty good for a TE. I was just expecting to see better with all the hype for Musgrave lol. I thought he might run a 4.5 - 4.55.

I think 4.65 is great for Washington but not sure he plays to that speed. Hard to tell with his size as i wasn't expecting a 4.65.

And yes, after watching Kancey tape, I'd like him for us but for some reason I think we are going offense in round 1, and not OT.

We'll see. Interested in the coming moves here soon.

Comment

• C’monchargers
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

4.62 is pretty good for a TE. I was just expecting to see better with all the hype for Musgrave lol. I thought he might run a 4.5 - 4.55.

I think 4.65 is great for Washington but not sure he plays to that speed. Hard to tell with his size as i wasn't expecting a 4.65.

And yes, after watching Kancey tape, I'd like him for us but for some reason I think we are going offense in round 1, and not OT.

We'll see. Interested in the coming moves here soon.
        Yeah, given if we draft a TE for receiving purposes they will be pushing the top end of distance travel for position requirement, therefore their 40’s will hold more significance. 0.2 second is about 3-5 yards of separation in a NFL setting.

Same goes for Hyatt, if dude main grub is speed and separation you really want him to show that you can get up to speed in a combine vacuum. Was a bit disappointed.
        Last edited by C’monchargers; 03-06-2023, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Are we releasing a DT? Kinda crowded right now with everyone coming back healthy..
          Tillery was cut. Covington, Davison, Fehoko, Fox Gaziano are FAs. A Johnson and Otito had season ending injuries and are questionable.
          Bash is solid and under contract. With everybody healthy we didn't have a top 3T. We have an opening.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Are we releasing a DT? Kinda crowded right now with everyone coming back healthy..
            Mobile QBs with vision and arm talent are deadly. We MUST replace Tillery. It could be a red shirt year for Tito and AJ also.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• C’monchargers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Mobile QBs with vision and arm talent are deadly. We MUST replace Tillery.
              Very true. Especially one can throw on the run, with designated escape route, they become very deadly in short yardage situation. Plus they make your oline look better than if they had to hold the pressure to protect somebody that is stationary. That = dollar spend.

Also, a mobile qb running up the empty gut on a long passing situation is the biggest “oh shit” moment. Mentally you would play tight the next few plays too maybe even for the rest of the game. You really would love a wall for them to run into.

Tillery was all height, his play strength and technique for the 0-1i tech he is simply no sufficient. Imo he is more so a 3max and perhaps much better play between 3,4,5,6 tech. We have players that will crush at 3 but not so much the tip. Maybe they want to go 3-3 up front? Then might as well play the 4-3, not uneven 3-4.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Pretty much my take too, this is the wrong year to go WR in the first 2 rounds, rounds 3-5, yes, but not the first two rounds…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Yeah, given if we draft a TE for receiving purposes they will be pushing the top end of distance travel for position requirement, therefore their 40’s will hold more significance. 0.2 second is about 3-5 yards of separation in a NFL setting.

Same goes for Hyatt, if dude main grub is speed and separation you really want him to show that you can get up to speed in a combine vacuum. Was a bit disappointed.
                  No it isn't. They say the difference in a 4.4 and 4.5 for instance (0.1)is about 3 feet.
                  3 to 5 yards is ridiculous. You know 5 yards is 15 feet right?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Thats fair. There are numerous QB needy teams so all 4 will be drafted high.

But if Richardson gets the right coaching and evolves as a passer look the fuck out! He is a physical marvel. Jeremiah suggested you bring him along and he doesnt start year 1, as even Mahomes didnt
                    My take on the QB position is that I hope they continue hyping them up, the more of those guys that go in the top ten the better it’ll be for us at 21…other than that, I don’t really give a rip about the QB class and I don’t think we can afford to waste a pick on one late either, sign cooper rush as B/U and bring in a camp body in undrafted rookie free agency for the PS…

we have more important things to concern ourselves with, like who will play RT if pipkins walks? Who will play edge if van noy walks and we continue to deal with injuries to bosa or potentially mack? Rumph is going to have to make a huge jump from last year to become a factor, it’s possible and I hope it hapoens but this is the right year to focus on edge in the first 2 rounds…I think ILB is going to be ‘vet minimum prove it deal’ or guys already on the roster…they draft one in day 3 but it’s not a good looking group…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Rick Stromberg is a Lindsey replacement I'm keeping my eye on.
                      The guy that stood out to me was juice from penn state, I need to do more research on his tape but he looks like a legit 300 pound man, not a guy that fattened up to weigh 300 like stromberg. Stromberg’s frame looked small and over loaded, like a guy that should weigh around 250 instead of 300…

gaines from UCLA also stood out…there are going to be some good centers that could fill in for lindsley in case of injury thru the 4rth maybe even the 5th round…

shmitz will go too high for us unfortunately…not an andrews fan, he’s 25 years old and like stromberg might be carrying more weight than his frame can handle..

Comment

• C’monchargers
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No it isn't. They say the difference in a 4.4 and 4.5 for instance (0.1)is about 3 feet.
                        3 to 5 yards is ridiculous. You know 5 yards is 15 feet right?
                        Good catch, I did misplace a decimal, suppose to be 0.3-0.5 yards, given average 40 times would be in the 4-5 second zone and non full speed, game situation, given already buffer as the play breaks down and coverage in motion; margin would’ve been bigger but let’s keep it conservative. I rarely look at football in terms of feet lol, it just doesn’t suit the conversation. Unless you are talking short short yardage situations.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Tillery was cut. Covington, Davison, Fehoko, Fox Gaziano are FAs. A Johnson and Otito had season ending injuries and are questionable.
                          Bash is solid and under contract. With everybody healthy we didn't have a top 3T. We have an opening.
                          Some of those guys will be cheap to resign - especially if they are the league minimum

Comment

Working...
                          X