2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Considering those schools fans are likely already in LA, I don't think drafting their players is a good strategy if they aren't worthy.
    Kelly for instance , let's say he recruited 100 fans. He hasn't been really worth a shit for us so what did we gain?
    Cost Spanos more money to pay him to not be very good than those 100 fans brings.

They can be fans from home watching on TV.

The reason TT drafted ND players is he had a connection guy there he knows and trusts but it hasn't netted very good results.
    Might be why we haven't drafted any lately. Or the guy isn't there anymore..
    I think it's also because Tom has a bias towards a Catholic institutions, he is a Catholic, presumably his family and his children attend Catholic schools as did he.
    Imo it's a big knock on TT for allowing his biases overtly affect his professional judgment.
    All GMs are allowed to have biases but they need to be checked and not allowed to interfere with the process, which is what I think happened often here.

or you better be damn right, and every Notre Dame player you select should pan out.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

K!@$z
      and
      Sch!@#maker

Excellent consolation prizes if I miss out on Washington.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

this is a follow up to my roster build post, and residue to my reading in full of the Q. Smokey/Eric Kendricks thread....

am wary that per usual we will draft for need rather than for best Charger available....

specifically don't think we need a receiver whatsoever, and do get the impression that Tom intends to draft some speed, and.... whether that's @WR or not, could be up for prognostication, and.... ??

do think we need an RB1, albeit do not envision Bijan on board @21, and do suspect that we pass on RB day two as well, and again draft RB day three.... ??

do think we need a TE, and that there is a best Charger/highly Herbert compatible one by the name of Kincaid, if he's on board come 21.... am not so enamored w/any other of the TEs (nor RBs for that matter), after Dalton (or Robinson).

also not overly convinced there is tackle talent worth tackling in this draft, and rather suspect that the value/talent is @IOL, and of which would be grand to get early, but again suspect that team Tommy John will wait 'til day three....

and so guessing/hoping we go TE/Kincaid early, and then RB, OG, OC day three....

on the Dside of things, am of the mind that the Fox signing will be followed by the signing of the both of Van Noy and Callahan.

that said, do think we're gonna need draft picks to replace the roster spots for the both of Otito and JC Jack, as don't think they're gonna start the season as party to the 53, due to their injuries.

so even w/Bryce, still think we're gonna need to add a CB, albeit w/Kyle, not sure we need an ED (hey, I'm not the one who offered not one, but two abominable contracts/extensions to our ED/DEs).

and like any position, we could use another safety, but we do have four as of now, so don't see it as a need, and rather more of a want/luxury @present.

and am ok w/the Kendricks signing, as do think he's an upgrade to DT, but based on the talent in the draft, don't think it wise to pass on LB in the draft.

so in my book, we need TE, NT, LB, RB, CB, OG & OC in the draft.

and again, not so sure why'd you'd be interested in taking the one of MW, Keenan or Palmer off the field, and.... regardless of how fast said newbie might be.

and of course, Bijan would be nice, and.... think it best that we have a plan B up and running there, and as we unfortunately decided to pass on D'Ernest.... again.

and Easton Stick, and w/no Gardner Minshew.... another TT special.

Foster Sarell ?? we do have Salyer, and.... who's your backup/replacement OG then ?? Jaimes ??

if Linsley goes down ?? Clapp ?? and you plan on waiting 'til day three to stem the tide there ??

without Otito, we don't have a big boy in the middle.... haven't had one for quite awhile actually.

Callahan and Asante are injury concerns.... what does our hedge there look like ??

JT Woods is a team Tommy John wet dream that has to overcome the prior odds/sceptre of the both of McKitty and Palmer.... to be, or not to be ??

and the Anthony Lynn legacy @LB.... K9.... should he stay or should he go now ?? and irregardless, will most likely be gone by the '024 season, and along w/the likes of Ekeler & Everett.

and when are we going to extend Mike D. already ??

like I mentioned in a prior post, do think our record will be improved this season over last and.... can't say I'm not ready for the Drew 'n Jim edition come the '025 post Dean version of the LAC.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          K!@$z
          and
          Sch!@#maker

Excellent consolation prizes if I miss out on Washington.
          Most I see have LaPorta and Kraft rated higher.Guess no love for em here.I gotta review more tape.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Most I see have LaPorta and Kraft rated higher.Guess no love for em here.I gotta review more tape.
            Both are reasonable Bolt targets. LaPorta Rd. 2. Kraft Rd. 3.

Maybe McKitty works harder/smarter and makes jump year 3?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I think it's also because Tom has a bias towards a Catholic institutions, he is a Catholic, presumably his family and his children attend Catholic schools as did he.
              Imo it's a big knock on TT for allowing his biases overtly affect his professional judgment.
              All GMs are allowed to have biases but they need to be checked and not allowed to interfere with the process, which is what I think happened often here.

or you better be damn right, and every Notre Dame player you select should pan out.
              Agree, that would be stupid in your drafting thoughts and as an owner if that effects your bias for players, I'd fire him. If he don't produce better results this year I'd fire him anyways.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Kuntz and Schoonmaker are tall and long armed. Herbert can put the ball where only they can go get it.

Add Parham, MW. Now what, NFL defenses ?

When someone this big and tall moves with such explosion, it jumps out at you from the screen.

I still remember the first time I saw Mike Williams in person. It was during warm ups, Chargers at Oakland Raiders. Wow.

I also like a WR named Jadakis Bonds. He is something else, Nutty.
                Haven’t seen game tape or highlights of kuntz, but he impressed at the combine, the guy is an athletic freak…

I wouldn’t draft him tho, let another fan base be the ones to wear that jersey,…I can hear the raider fans say, “hey look at all those charger kuntz walking this way”

pass
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Beachcomber....not gonna quote that monster you put out, but...

Gotta admit, did not realize Tito was a Patellar rupture. That is not good...I thought he would be 100 percent by training camp...not sure why I thought it was acl.

Like last year with the IOL, our dline is a sneaky need...Beach might finally get a high selection at nose...and we are thin at 3 tech also.

Siaka, Mazi Smith, Benton(who I think is versatile enough to play multiple positions)....I think one of those guys will be there in the second...not worried bout Mazi...our vets will tune that kid up...mentorship.

Just so many directions to go with the first 2 picks...think Im gonna be genuinely surprised this year...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Both are very impressive athletes on tape...mid round TEs. It does not necessarily have to be one of the big ones early.
                    I like Kuntz a lot, he will be a solid TE in the NFL
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Not a RAS guy but it is interesting that Kuntz has a way better 10 yard split than JSN.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Kuntz and Schoonmaker are tall and long armed. Herbert can put the ball where only they can go get it.

Add Parham, MW. Now what, NFL defenses ?

When someone this big and tall moves with such explosion, it jumps out at you from the screen.

I still remember the first time I saw Mike Williams in person. It was during warm ups, Chargers at Oakland Raiders. Wow.

I also like a WR named Jadakis Bonds. He is something else, Nutty.
                        Yes, I've only watched a bit of Kuntz (tape is kinda scarce) but he looks long and athletic. Schoonmaker I've seen more of. I like the way he plays. He's probably well coached and tough (having played for Harbaugh). The dude I like is Josh Whyle. Also a guy that is long and athletic.

This is why I love me some Wood Eye... Jadakis Bonds. Deep dive Woody. I'll check him out.
                        I see no reason to draft TE too early. I don't think any of them are as good as my top-7 CB's.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Haven’t seen game tape or highlights of kuntz, but he impressed at the combine, the guy is an athletic freak…

I wouldn’t draft him tho, let another fan base be the ones to wear that jersey,…I can hear the raider fans say, “hey look at all those charger kuntz walking this way

pass
                          now I WANT to draft him.

Comment

Working...
                          X