2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Hmmm,most mocks I see have Quentin Johnston ahead of those three.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

If we want a Keenan clone, or close to it I think JSN is a good pick.
      Me I'd rather have Flowers or Kincaid and of course Bijan.
      That said we probably going CB or ....I'd love Sanders. Meaning we going NT or Edge lol.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Zay Flowers is 5'9, I know he has speed but his height is a concern to take him in round 1. Marquise Brown is 5'9 as well and he's had a pretty good career but in his 4 seasons he's only had 1 thousand yard season and never has had a 10 TD season. I think If its between Flowers and a top TE I'd probably go top TE, and we can get a WR later in the draft. Size matters in regard to being a very good NFL WR.

Scott Miller and Marquise Goodman are two other WR's who are in the 5'9 club and they haven't done so well either when we are talking about what we would want from a first round WR!

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

"Moving the Sticks" Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks recently identified, Addison, Flowers and JSN as THE three receivers in this draft who have broad skills.

Reading coverages, more complete route tree mastery, setting up defenders with pace, etc are examples.

They are deemed to be more capable of immediate impact on Sundays.
          Great assesment.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
            Zay Flowers is 5'9, I know he has speed but his height is a concern to take him in round 1. Marquise Brown is 5'9 as well and he's had a pretty good career but in his 4 seasons he's only had 1 thousand yard season and never has had a 10 TD season. I think If its between Flowers and a top TE I'd probably go top TE, and we can get a WR later in the draft. Size matters in regard to being a very good NFL WR.

Scott Miller and Marquise Goodman are two other WR's who are in the 5'9 club and they haven't done so well either when we are talking about what we would want from a first round WR!
            Consider his QB. Lamar has only had ONE 3k passing season in his career.
            Kyler isn't one to put up huge passing yards either and he got hurt last season while not studying lol.

Steve Smith is also 5'9" but I hear ya. I usually like bigger WRs too but Flowers is a jitterbug out there and we don't have that.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

I think with this draft you gotta be careful the size is a issue 5-9 is tough.

Tyreke Hill is 5-10 but he’s about 210 so he’s a little thick he is big surprising his lower body so that allows him to win jump balls freakishly athletic.

is Zay that? Honestly is Zay Flowers that? Look at the tape. What do you see? Not what do you want to see. What do you see? Is this Percy Harvin or is this Tyreke Hill.

you can get a burner in Guyton from Tennessee in the second round.

I want a complete route tree receiver.

Guys like JAXSON have been too 10 picks projected. It’s the Jamar Chase. We just haven’t seen him so we don’t see his greatness. The guy is great athletic freak.

I get back to this guys. When I look at players I always want to see them with great Quarterbacks it allows you to cheat in your assessment.

CJ Stroud and Caleb Williams are the best Quarterbacks In the country. They are the closest thing to Herbert. We know they’re great. The ball is always going to be where it needs to be.

so with Jaxson and Addison we’ve seen what they do with great Quarterbacks so with Herbert we know that ball is going to be where it needs to be and we know they’re going to go get it.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

"Moving the Sticks" Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks recently identified, Addison, Flowers and JSN as THE three receivers in this draft who have broad skills.

Reading coverages, more complete route tree mastery, setting up defenders with pace, etc are examples.

They are deemed to be more capable of immediate impact on Sundays.
                copycat league, be like Brett Veach

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Consider his QB. Lamar has only had ONE 3k passing season in his career.
                  Kyler isn't one to put up huge passing yards either and he got hurt last season while not studying lol.

Steve Smith is also 5'9" but I hear ya. I usually like bigger WRs too but Flowers is a jitterbug out there and we don't have that.
                  Jitterbug...perfect...and yes...it would be very nice to add that to the arsenal...

I will say, though, that I totally missed the boat on BFW...(not a jitterbug) and no Wu, I don't think he is just another fast guy...just got done watching a ton on him, and saw some really nice ball skills, to go with the tremendous size/speed combo. It's a faster version of Malcolm Floyd...the kid does need some work on the route tree...but what mid rounder doesn't need some coaching? Looked really good Senior Bowl week, very coachable...

But back on "jitterbug"...very nice to add that type of player to the stable.

The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

On a different note, addressing some questions on Cropper....I did watch some tape on him, and think he is "just another fast guy", without much in the way of YAC, route tree, explosiveness, movement...it's weird....there doesn't seem to be any urgency to his game, he looked almost bored at times catching and running with the ball...nice test numbers, but he just doesn't seem to pop off the tape. Wouldn't say no to a late round selection...but a lot of guys I think look better.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

"Jitterbug"...lol, that one tickled me....but true enough, a type of weapon I would love to add...so besides wr, BJ, you got any RBs that fit that bill? Gibbs I don't want to spend a first on...Spears fits the bill...any late round gems come to mind?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Back on Bryce Ford Wheaton....BFW....what is intriguing to me is not only the speed he adds...but the size and wingspan makes him a true potential backup to Mike Williams.

Honestly, with only 3 WRs of note, would love to add this kid, and a speedy, shifty, slot/return guy...makes me itch for a trade down, to pick up another second or 3rd...if it was only that easy....or maybe Flowers at 21, BFW in the 4th/5th....

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Send PM

Love Zach Charbonnet...a lot....but hard to blow a 2nd...or especially trade up in the second...when we have Spiller. Yes, we have not seen much, but by all accounts, he is working hard this off season, and is engaged...not a problem or attitude guy...just got injury buried on the depth chart, and basically had a redshirt first year.

Now, if we were moving Eke, I would reconsider...him and Kelley and Spiller would make for great competition, and an ultra deep RB group...

But my hope is Spiller is seeing this Eke situation, and is smelling blood in the water, and goes into total Shark mode this training camp, and really turns some heads with his game...best case scenario...but whether the staff thinks that is likely will be answered this draft, I'm guessing.

Comment

Working...
                          X