2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Not gonna say I don't like this pick...but really wishing we had our sites on the RB room...

We want to marry the run and the pass? Seems more like a bad 3rd date than a true courtship....they must really like Spiller, cuz from where I'm sitting, if Ekelor goes down, there is no run game....and he will be gone next year.
    At this point, if Ekeler comes back, we would have Kelly, Spiller, and possibly Horvath if necessary in the RB room. I don’t know if any RB drafted in day 3 would have been better than that group.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post

That’s my impression as well. Definitely someone that I think is a good fit, adds another dimension and gives us more pop on Special Teams. Just thought he’d be a 6th/7th round pick. Assume Chargers had some intel that he wouldn’t last that long. Like the speed element for jet sweeps and potential to stretch the field on occasion.
      Telesco obviously skipped class day in Business 101 when they discussed opportunity cost.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

One of the best KR/PR guys in college. Legitimate speed to stretch the field.
        Isn't that what everyone wanted?
        4th round is higher than everyone expected... but still fills a big need.
        this reminds me of the old AJ Sith drafts, very smart pick, almost Darren sproles like but with some slot receiver bonus
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

The Eagles are killing it. Getting Swift for a 4th and 7th.
          Good RB, just injury prone but that's cheap.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I do find it odd that we have 2 $20 million WR's and 2 of our first 4 picks are WR.
            Maybe our 2 high priced guys aren't worth the dough????
            Mike Will gets injured a lot...and no way we keep both around for another deal...they would break the bank, right when we need to extend Herbie...

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
              5'8 165. The Chargers really believe they have the players in place to beat KC! They drafted for a returner. Staley is all happy with this pick giving high fives. uggg.
              Also the fastest WR on the team currently. He’ll provide another vertical threat that everyone on here is clamoring for.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This is exactly what I had been saying before the draft. When they brought back Guyton to give them four WRs, I knew they were going to pick to WRs in the draft . One an X guy in the first or second round and a speed burner later in the draft who will double as a KR. That gives 6 WR.

Keenan Allen
                Mike Williams
                QJ
                Josh Palmer
                Guyton
                Derius Davis

Gives us two WRs with speed in the 4.3s. I'm a happy camper. I played WR in HS, it's my favorite position.
                where are all the folks that were screaming for WRs? oh yeah, complaining we didn't get the ones they wanted, LOL
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                  I get the pick, just think it’s a bit early for Darius Davis. I would have preferred Tyler Scott personally. But here’s to hoping Davis is used properly.
                  Way early and he is a midget for the NFL. Coukd of done better imo. He will make a play here and there but might get broken in half as well.

He runs very upright.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Also the fastest WR on the team currently. He’ll provide another vertical threat that everyone on here is clamoring for.
                    Yep...the Anti-Lombo lineup...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
                      Trey Palmer 4.33, 192 lbs good return guy.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                        Bolts pick WR Davis, TCU! What? another wideout???
                        Finally a pick I like. Punt/kick returner was a top priority and this kid looks good. I’m not going to quibble if we could have waited a round or two to get him.

Unlike the rest of the picks so far, he should have an immediate impact…I.e…he wasn’t drafted for depth. He was drafted to start in a critical position.

Now you can argue he will suck as a punt/kick returner….but if the brain trust felt this was the best one available at this point of the draft then go get him.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          Eagles taking Georgia guys, Chargers taking TCU guys
                          DAMN, we will never beat the eagles now

Comment

Working...
                          X