2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    Duggan throws a pretty decent intermediate to long ball, and nice touch on those EZ passes...who knows? Maybe he beats out Stick...

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Duggan throws a pretty decent intermediate to long ball, and nice touch on those EZ passes...who knows? Maybe he beats out Stick...
      At least he tries...I think with better supporting cast around him he at least might be a viable substitute.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I like our day 2 picks this year. And now we drafted a RB/QB for goal line attempts. Our version of Tim Tebow. LOL!
        Only pick I didn’t care for was Duggan. But it’s a 7th rounder so whatever.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Only pick I didn’t care for was Duggan. But it’s a 7th rounder so whatever.
          We need a Back-up Qb. He could fill that role.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Canal Zone Bolt Fan View Post
            Not sure I agree with two WR’s when we need more depth at interior DL.
            We DID draft TWO players for D-line...Tuli can play at DT or DE, and Matlock is DT...would u have preferred the Bolts draft THREE DT's?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

So this happened during the draft...Kinda of glad our HC isn't ripping bong hits on this important weekend.

Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Actually, no...there are a ton of underthrows and inaccurate throws on his tape...his arm talent is shaky...but he is a smart kid, a winner, and a good athlete....he is actually a Big school version of Stick, I think...it's a 7th rounder, so a harmless pick...and he will actually be valuable as a #3 in camp and practice...you need those guys, and he will be good in the film room.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

That would explain why they didn't take Mayer...and Patterson...and...
                  They didn’t take Mayer at 21 because QJ >>> Mayer as a draft prospect at a higher positional value. Apparently the entire league agreed he was not a first round value

They didnt take Mayer in Rd2 because he was drafted more than 15 picks before our second pick and you guys spent the last 3 months screaming at TT “DONT TRADE UP YOU BITCH OR WE WILL CUT YOU!”

i think you scared him a lil bit. You guys scared me a little too
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                    41 trades during the draft

Not too many teams haven't made a trade- Chargers are one of them

Just have to hope Telesco nails this plus the veteran free agent signing
                    How many teams didnt make a trade?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I come close to agreeing. Solid B for me, possibly B+. It's not the 2nd coming of the '74 Steelers draft, but we hit big time players at big time positions of need. Apparently, the brass is happy with the TE & RB room or they have Free Agents in mind to bring in to help.
                      B- for me.

I don't like 225 lb LBs and 165 WRs.

So with what was on the board I give

Quentin Johnson an A .....Not my first choice but a good player who can help and learn from the best. My choice would of been Kincaid but good alternate.

Tuli an A- ......Not too familiar as I didn't have him on my radar but have read good things. Hope he developed sooner than later.

Henley a C..... Trent Simpson went the very next pick. 235 lbs, faster player and a good LB. This could of been an A+ for us imo. Ravens score again.

Darius Davis D+ ......too early, too small. Like i said Palmer later is a home run in the 5th. But Davis is fast and can contribute here and there til he gets broken. Tampa scores in early 6th with Palmer.

Jordon McFadden B+ ......Don't know a thing about McFadden but good writeups. Could be a good OG. Height shouldn't hurt very much.

Matlock B..... I know nothing but giving them the benefit of the doubt. I never heard of him.

Duggan C-...... Didn't like him coming in, but a 7th, we needed another QB and the guys I liked went 4th round. I think Duggan goes undrafted if we don't pick him and could sign him then.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-29-2023, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        So this happened during the draft...Kinda of glad our HC isn't ripping bong hits on this important weekend.

https://fanrecap.com/footage-leaks-s...edium=facebook
                        Yeah, I'm hoping Staley is mackin on some shrooms instead. That could give him the psychedelic advantage.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

That's not the point I don't know if it was or wasn't at this point but when you say as a matter a fact the Chargers had a good draft its not true because you just don't know yet. I shouldn't have to explain that to you. Odds are based on the last 10 drafts by this GM it wasn't a good draft btw.
                          That too violates the fundamentals of applied logic. You cannot factually assert that with certainty that his claim (good draft) is not true because YOU don’t know that it is not true, nobody knows, not yet. What you could logically say is he/you/we don’t know if his claim (good draft) is true but that would require a degree of logical eloquence that eludes the average football forum fan apparently.

Odds can offer probability of outcome, but they do not provide a guaranteed outcome. Inherent in the very definition of odds is you do not know the outcome. Doesnt matter if TT picked wrong 1000 times, that does not a priori prove 1001 is also wrong.

Damnit - we can hold logic classes on Tuesday evenings if the group is interested. i can take the lack of cogent articulation, but grotesque violations of the laws of logic annoy …

Comment

Working...
                          X