2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    This Draft was about as exciting as the off-season as a whole. In other words, a total dud. LOL! We just fell further and further behind the top teams in the League. Telesco, once again, proves he has zero feel for the Draft. If a player doesn't fall into his lap (James, Herbie, Slater) he whiffs. The Eagles and Chiefs are gonna be in the SB next year, again. Basically nothing to discuss, other than how pathetic this franchise is, from now until the coming season is over. Might as well just fast forward through the throwaway '23 season and see what the next coaching staff and FO can do for the losing culture. This team - from ownership on down - is just a joke. Our one claim to fame is the coining of the word "Chargering". A term that so aptly fits.
    Right on queue, Q!

PFF graded us as having the best draft in our division. They gave our draft an A-, the Chief's a B-, Denver a B+ and the Raiders as a B-. Maybe we didn't fall further and further behind... Or maybe they are just Pollyanas???

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

I call this a great draft because we got a guy who you can compare to Myles Murphy. Guys wanted Myles Murphy we get Quentin Johnston and Tutuppu home run hitting stud receiver and edge rusher

we take Murphy in Round 1 we don’t get Johnston so what do we get based where we are drafting round 2 Mingo???? Who’s on the board? So you gotta be careful I think you nail it. Tom Telesco nailed it two need picks in the 1st 2 rounds. He was very aggressive.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
        I don’t think y’all understand Henley was here for Coverage. We got Shredded By Kelce now we got a guy who can cover him. You’re in a division with Mayer. You need a linebacker that can cover so I like it.
        Henley is going to do more than just cover. He’s a legit off ball LB that may become MLB as he can get sideline to sideline, he can blitz, he splits blocks like he’s got razors in his pockets, and he can fucking tackle like a boss! Watching him tackle vs Simpson, who some complain we should have gotten due to his track shoe 40 time, its night and day which kid takes down ball carriers with fundamental solid lb tackling technique and which guy grabs and hangs on. I recommend guys go and watch more Simpson tape if you didnt see it already.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't agree with this, sorry.
          Okay respect your opinion. I know you’re a Kincaid guy.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

You'd think someone in this organization might target the talent from the most dominant conference in college football in order to build a quality football team, not draft 3 players from the very team that got beaten like a rented mule. Did Telesco just rub strawberries all over Babe Ruth's jersey? One has to wonder what we have just witnessed.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
              Let's do this!
              • Aug 2022
              • Raleigh N. Carolina
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Disagree you'll have plenty of plays from most of them.

More like depth than 2024
              But depth now and stepping into starting roles in 2024 when the cap gets crazy.

I actually love this draft top to bottom. Even 7!

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

The Chargers starters are pretty stacked. Easly top 10. The problem is last year they injured and we didn't have great depth. This years draft we got great players that not only can be starters but will provide great depth that we were missing last year. Not sure why everyone is so upset with this draft.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Apparently you feel the same TT that drafted 11 years ago does so today. He's learned nothing, has no new resources.
                  I see changes each year since the time he drafted Herbert. I think highly of the current roster.. Nothing said here is evidence of anything going forward.
                  Let's revisit this discussion in Feb- Mar 2024.
                  This is a fair post. Let me ask you this are you saying right now we have the right stuff in place to make the playoffs, make a deep run in the playoffs and beat the Chiefs, Bills and Bengals this season?

Being a GM isn't about learning though its about having the knowledge to figure out year after year how to make your team the best it can be. Never said he's learned nothing, but he has been pretty consistent with how he has evaluated talent, and his results have only got us I believe about 2 playoff wins. Most pro GM's would have be fired for he what he has accomplished being here based solely on his results. No?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
                    This draft was mostly about 2024
                    let's see

Johnston--is going to get 80 targets easy this year

TnT--is going to play a ton of snaps, either giving the top two guys a break or on third downs next to fox rushing the passer from inside

henley--will be featured on special teams and might start at some point in the season

davis--is already the starting kr/pr and will be active for every game

McFadden--was drafted to add quality injury insurance depth

matlock--is going to play in the rotation, he is a three down lineman with a relentless motor and will be used in the rotation

duggan--is all about having a backup after 2023 so he's all about 2024 selection as you said...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Disagree you'll have plenty of plays from most of them.

More like depth than 2024
                      Agreed TT and BS approached this draft with the definite chief aim of adding depth. They believe the RB's and TE's have the right players to win it all. Don't know if its true or not taking into account the injury history but it seems like they are and trying to add depth if the injury bug hits again this season.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Coming up on 6K posts for our main draft thread. Good job TPB Fam. BOLT UP!!!!! Not even one reported post. lol

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                          I’ll help y’all out. Quentin Johnston is Jamar Chase or closest thing to Jamar Chase in this draft lightning quick. Gets jump balls runs after the catch. We will run a lot of screen passes have him lineup out of backfield him And Eckler together. Him in sets with Everett. He’s gonna do alot of slants.

he just hits the home run. With a guy like Herbert who’s extremely accurate this pick is a home run. He’s gonna know where to go with the ball.

Seattle fucked up drafting JAXSOn over this guy.

with Kincaid would’ve been a nice pick. But this guy is box office.

here’s what I will tell you. I think we were taking Kincaid and then had an A shit Quentin Johnson is still on the board?

Quentin Johnston and Bijan Robinson we’re the two home run hitters in this draft.

In my evaluation I had Quentin Johnston valued higher then Jameson Williams.

The comp is Terrell Owens the current comp playing is Jamar Chase.

Duggan don’t know logic but maybe it will help Johnston getting acclimated to the NFL having his college guy with him. But don’t you want your starter to get that chemistry with his new receiver?

like the normal shit going to Dave and Busters you want him doing that with Herbert I guess they’ll all do it together.

Clark Phillips would’ve loved to get him in the 4th round. As for the defense solid picks.
                          Man I hope you're right about QJ that would be so cool if QJ came out and established himself as a next gen Jamar Chase type WR for Herbert!

Comment

Working...
                          X