• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
    Evidently Quentin Johnston's drop rate is a problem.
    Well, looks like MiniTron's stock just took a hit...

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

See there are people in here who have Hyatt with Jax. Do you get that same electricity from Hyatt that you get from Jax?

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I about spat my coffee! This is the highest praise I've heard of Addison, by a LOT!

If Addison *IS* the guy at #21? He'd BETTER have that kind of impact!
        Addison.png

Jordan Addison has played three years of ball, produced 219 catches for 3134 yards, and 37 TDs. (In scouting a body of work, AJ Smith taught that past production is a good indictor of future production, and the larger the productive body of work, the better. He admitted that Antonio Cromartie did not have the body of work but AJ drafted him anyhow).

Now add to that, Keenan Allen and Mike Williams are under contract through 2024. Their new 2024 cap numbers: Allen: $34.7175M Williams: $32.46M

The other wrinkle is the 2023 draft is deep at EDGE. Taking all that into account, I believe the Chargers are going WR Jordan Addison or EDGE Nolan Smith (Kincaid is the dark horse pick). I'd rather have Jordan Addison and have Telesco blow us away with a Day 2 or Day 3 pick at EDGE, like Ali Gaye.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
          I think for sure Philly drafts Bijan. Letting Myles sanders walk. You will see a run to draft Bijan Robinson in fantasy like never before. Probably since Zeke went top 2 as a rookie behind that great offensive line. Bijan behind the best offensive line in football and Jalen Hurts. That offense it’s a beast. We haven’t even talked AJ Brown and Devonte Smith. Wow Goodell needs to just run up to the Podium now. Stop fantasizing Chargers fans it ain’t happening.

as for Quinten Johnson he looks like a guy who played here David Boston. I’d like to go for the technician Addison over him. I would do cartwheel flips if we drafted Jaxson. I want us to draft Jaxson. He’s the best receiver.

Kincaid is the best tight end but Darnell Washington has the best upside. If you just look at him can he run routes? Can he take care of the middle of the field? Then we should be alright.
          The Athletic's Dane Brugler has Addison rated as his No. 19 overall prospect and No. 1 receiver. ​

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
            See there are people in here who have Hyatt with Jax. Do you get that same electricity from Hyatt that you get from Jax?
            Addison.png
            Hyatt.png

Hyatt had 19 TDs and 1769 yards in 3 seasons and Jordan Addison had 3134 yards and 39 TDs in 3 seasons.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

People want Guyton back, you want to feed him any catches? If not why bring him back?
              Yes, the long ones. And he’s not a first rounder that has to produce big numbers.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Yes, the long ones. And he’s not a first rounder that has to produce big numbers.
                He’s also not somebody who can take over WR1 or WR2. Why not grab somebody who can do both?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

With the 54th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Chargers select...

Keeanu Benton DT Wisconsin

Benton is a clone of Austin Johnson (injured + 2024 UFA).
                  Also, Keeanu is slotted at ~ #50.

There is power, lateral mobility and quickness here. Anchoring is an issue, regarding technique rather than core strength.

This guy can move up and down the line. We are thin up front. Tito's kneecap injury will have him IR'd. SJD. Morgan Fox. That's it. Moa and Hinton give effort if not high level talent. Fox will be DE/EDGE now mostly.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                    Evidently Quentin Johnston's drop rate is a problem.
                    The Pro Day last week did not help QJ's cause. This is how I see a perfect LAC fit player who's available at #21.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

What about that ?

Pick
                      Los Angeles Chargers
                      Calijah KanceyAaron Donald. While nobody is saying the 22-year-old's going to have an AD type of impact right away -- ever? -- Kancey's interior-disruption potential could give Brandon Staley flashbacks to when he was calling the Rams' defense with the first-ballot Hall of Famer as the centerpiece.

Benton could go in the 3rd.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There is power, lateral mobility and quickness here. Anchoring is an issue, regarding technique rather than core strength.

This guy can move up and down the line. We are thin up front. Tito's kneecap injury will have him IR'd. SJD. Morgan Fox. That's it. Moa and Hinton give effort if not high level talent. Fox will be DE/EDGE now mostly.
                        Nice. Bet I know who’s coming next..

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Loved him in The Matrix

you don’t think Austin comes back and Tito IR’d?

Comment

Working...
                          X