• wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Sorry.
    Fender bender yesterday.
    Needed to get new laptop day before.
    Time critical work issues.
    Will post analysis rounds 3-7 by end of weekend.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
      Latest mock draft by The Athletic.

21. Bijan Robinson, RB
      54. Marvin Mims, Jr., WR
      85. Luke Schoonmaker, TE
      125. K.J. Henry, Edge
      156. Darrell Luter, Jr., CB
      200. Shaka Heyward, LB
      239. Jerrod Clark, DT

Obviously I would be thrilled with Bijan Robinson, but I find it hard to believe. Nothing against Mims or Schoonmaker, but I would be a little concerned with no defensive tackle or pass-rusher in the top three rounds.

https://theathletic.com/4402944/2023...ijan-robinson/
      This looks about as PON as it gets. I like it.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Sorry.
        Fender bender yesterday.
        Whoa, hope you’re okay.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Quentin Johnston
          Keeanu Benton
          Byron Young (TEN)
          Brenton Strange
          Demario Douglas
          Christian Izien
          Jake Andrews
          woodMock v2
          "The Outlier"

I'd personally be more excited about TE Darnell Washington at #21 than anybody in this receiver class.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'd personally be more excited about TE Darnell Washington at #21 than anybody in this receiver class.
            His Swiss army knife type of game would give Kellen some interesting variables to pursue. Pass/run blocking, motion out of 2 TE sets and his receiving on the top. A very valuable weapon to have for Herbie, especially in the red zone. I like him quite a bit.....his measurables are incredible. Can you imagine him being covered by most LB's or CB's in this league? A total mismatch option.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

With regard to depth at DT...
              SJD.
              Fox.
              AJ will be back by midseason. However this is probably his last season with the Chargers. This makes Benton a sensible pick.
              Tito will be gone for most, if not all, of the 2023 season.
              I think your forecast on AJ and Tito is a little grim, and on the pessimistic side...but like the Benton pick anyway...a more athletic nose, I think he is versatile enough to play anywhere inside, not just zero/1tech. Solid A.

On your QJ pick at 21...B-....I cant deny the talent, the traits...and its not a pick that would upset me, exactly...but will a MDubb clone make a difference? Enough to spend 21? Questionable...might be more on board for this type of player as Mike hits 30...but I do like the player.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

The issue with Tito is the nature of the injury and the recovery time. A big DT must be able to move and anchor. The patella must be sound, says Dr. wu.

Staley has shown that he wants specific traits at DT. There is a paucity of depth here.
                -------

Steve Smith, Sr. earlier touted Xavier Smith WR FAMU round7/UDFA as a poor man's Addison.

Addison, Flowers or JSN are smallish, big production types. They have sophisticated games, but we have our big three for '23.

Quentin is very raw, as stated. In particular there is a story about a disasterous Pro Day last week. But the ceiling is higher than the SoFi canopy. He can ease into a role for us, initially providing much needed explosive chunk plays.

There are no wrong answers. It is good that we have a diversity of opinion @ TPB. Which particular prospects and how to build this roster can be answered in different ways. There will be post draft vet 1 year contract fo sho.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

His Swiss army knife type of game would give Kellen some interesting variables to pursue. Pass/run blocking, motion out of 2 TE sets and his receiving on the top. A very valuable weapon to have for Herbie, especially in the red zone. I like him quite a bit.....his measurables are incredible. Can you imagine him being covered by most LB's or CB's in this league? A total mismatch option.
                  Further... as long as you're bringing Winslow into the conversation...

IMO..... Kellen Winslow was a decent blocker, but not a guy who relished that part of the game. Kellen was probably a better blocker than Gates worked himself up to be, but Winslow is that rare Hall of Famer who didn't possess the Love of Contact that you see in most of the 'greats'.

All of this is a build up to saying that Washington is a WILLING blocker who is already at a level above where either Gates or Winslow ever got. He'd instantly be the best blocking TE the Bolts have had since Brandon Manumaleuna, and a far greater receiving threat and coverage nightmare.

I believe Washington is likely to be there at #21, and than Bijan is NOT. So that's why *EYE* am honking for Washington at #21.

Washington would be an instant 'plus' in the run blocking game, where Dalton Kincaid simply would not be.

I'm casting my ballot early.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

My kid is gaga over Washington...in house debate, Kincaid vs Washington...its civil war...

But gotta admit...BOTH of us got out of our chairs when he worked that sled at the combine like he was returning an empty garbage can back to the house after trash day...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

Sorry.
                      Fender bender yesterday.
                      Sure...just hope you dont have a furry friend...or next it will be "The dog ate my big board..."

Lol....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Sure...just hope you dont have a furry friend...or next it will be "The dog ate my big board..."

Lol....
                        LOL. It's funny. April Fools Day, the beginning of "Liars Month" is always when I start speaking nothing but the truth.

Progressive knows it's true. And I have thus far spent an exucriating amount of tims online and on the phone with The Geek Squad

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          My kid is gaga over Washington...in house debate, Kincaid vs Washington...its civil war...

But gotta admit...BOTH of us got out of our chairs when he worked that sled at the combine like he was returning an empty garbage can back to the house after trash day...
                          Go Jr!
                          ha.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X