• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

There is some great depth at WR in this draft. I would go Bowers at 5. I think after Marvin Harrison he is the best overall prospect in this draft.
    Bowers is a bit of a compromise between the neocons who want weapons and the WW1 vets who want trenchers - Bowers would also upgrade the trench, after all.

Look across the league at “playmakers” - how many of them were Top5 picks in the draft? A LOT were not. How do we add some of those slippery rascal weapons outside of the Top 5 premier pick?

That said, if MHJ (I preferred MH2 but that just doesnt seem like its gonna stick here in TBP lol) is on the board, I RUN to the podium and take him. He’d be one of the safest picks of my career…
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Brock Bowers come on down!

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I too question if a TE is truly worth a top 10 pick.
        Hindsight…wouldn’t you take Gronkowski, Sharpe, Kelce, Gates, Newsome, Gonzales, or Witten at 5? Bowers is that level great, IMO.

Now remember their QB’s and how they would have played without them. Herbert needs Bowers. Allen needs Bowers, too. The offense will be turbocharged with Bowers threat on every play. AFC DB’s are shittin their pants thinking about having to cover him.

Comment

• AFboltfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2018
          • Balboa Park bench
          • Medical Simulation
          • Send PM

All aboard the Bowers Train! Toot toot!!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

You've obviously done your research and spent the time watching film of Kool-Aid to come to your conclusions, which is commendable--and enjoyable to read. I definitely prefer that over those who already claim he's a reach for where we pick simply because they read on some mock draft that he should be taken somewhere between 10 and 20. I'm sure there were plenty who said the same about fellow Bama corner Marlon Humphrey, when he went 16th overall in his draft. Humphrey's been a top 10 corner for the majority of his career, but the mock draft experts surely would have criticized a team if it selected him fifth overall.
            A tad of a difference between 5 and 16 in an NFL draft. Top 5 is the elite prospects in a draft.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Am I the only one on this forum who can careless about drafting a TE at #5. Marvin or Nabers for me at #5 or trade down. And why the fuck do we not move up before Arizona for Harrison at #3. I'm sure the Patriots would wet their panties for only moving down a couple spots and still get their QB.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Bowers is a bit of a compromise between the neocons who want weapons and the WW1 vets who want trenchers - Bowers would also upgrade the trench, after all.

Look across the league at “playmakers” - how many of them were Top5 picks in the draft? A LOT were not. How do we add some of those slippery rascal weapons outside of the Top 5 premier pick?

That said, if MHJ (I preferred MH2 but that just doesnt seem like its gonna stick here in TBP lol) is on the board, I RUN to the podium and take him. He’d be one of the safest picks of my career…
                This is a deep draft at WR and you could get a playmaker WR in round 2 or 3, not elite like Nabors or Odunze but at least some speed. But then if you dont want Bowers or Nabors at 5 the other elite prospects i are the tackles and Odunze.

Who are you taking at 5 value?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                  Am I the only one on this forum who can careless about drafting a TE at #5. Marvin or Nabers for me at #5 or trade down. And why the fuck do we not move up before Arizona for Harrison at #3. I'm sure the Patriots would wet their panties for only moving down a couple spots and still get their QB.
                  The massive price of moving up is not a smart option for a team in cap hell with multiple roster holes. We need more picks not less.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

The massive price of moving up is not a smart option for a team in cap hell with multiple roster holes. We need more picks not less.
                    It's not a massive price for moving up. I think we could trade a third this year and a third next year for what amounts to free picks for the patriots who will still have the pick of the litter for QBs at #5. Think again my friend.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

It's not a massive price for moving up. I think we could trade a third this year and a third next year for what amounts to free picks for the patriots who will still have the pick of the litter for QBs at #5. Think again my friend.
                      We need to rebuild and get younger and cheaper in multiple positions not to mention drastically improve the current weak roster depth.. You want to give up our 3rds in the next 2 drafts?? No thanks

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

We need to rebuild and get younger and cheaper in multiple positions not to mention drastically improve the current weak roster depth.. You want to give up our 3rds in the next 2 drafts?? No thanks
                        For Marv...hell yeah! If he's anything better than KA...hell Yeah...if not then Nabers is my second pick not Bowers....

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

For Marv...hell yeah! If he's anything better than KA...hell Yeah...if not then Nabers is my second pick not Bowers....
                          Nabors over Bowers is fine. I prefer Bowers but either is worth the 5th pick. Nabors would be top WR in many drafts if no Harrison

Comment

Working...
                          X