• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Wherever we draft at my cluster is Kool Aid, Bowers or Jer'Zahn if we get 1 of these 3 I'll be happy!
    Excellent choices !
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Braden Fiske a known guy now. Was on his train months ago. See him later in mock sims but should see a nice bump after his last game. Steady riser and for good reason.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        If you rephrase the mental fortitude and think of it as a willingness to question what went wrong, then I think you have something. Williams has a ton of talent, but he can be better. And he is going to have to change his game to become an NFL elite QB. But if he makes the commitment to take his game to the next level, he can be as good as any of the elite QB.

Williams has some sloppy mechanics he needs to clean up to be a real consistent NFL QB. He throws a lot of passes off his back foot because he has such a great arm. Fine if you are not being pressured and you have the time, but those passes are going to be off target in the NFL when there pass rushers in his face (see ND game). Willaims throws a very nice ball when he steps into it, if he does it all/most of the time he is going to be tough to stop.

Williams is all over the place with his feet and his release. It's just hard to throw the ball where you want and be accurate if you are moving the release point around when you are being pressured if your feet and arms aren't working together. Mahomes and Rodgers both have really good feet, so when they do the funky stuff with their release point, it is just the release point, everything else is mechanically pretty sound.

Williams also needs to learn to throw the ball away and not try to get a big play on every down. Is he going to run around like it is schoolyard ball against fast NFL pass rushers? Micah Parsons? Some times, sure. But he does it a LOT. He needs to learn when to hold it and buy time, and when to get out of the plays and just regroup. Ask the Pats how that worked out today.

I don't think he is one of the great read and react/decision maker type guys either, but he does make some good reads at times and with his arm talent, he doesn't necessarily have to be the best guy at picking the best read. Plenty of HOF QB threw a lot of passes to guys who were covered and got away with it because they could put the ball wherever they wanted and it turned out OK.
        Steve, which current or past NFL QB is the closest comp to Williams?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Jameis Winston ?

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

random mock draft, i like it alot, i think i got acouple of steals. ignore the bottom picture i thought it was the same one, it wouldnt let me just post the top picture, its not the same . top one is the recent draft
            Attached Files
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Ever wonder what it costs to land a high-profile quarterback through college football's transfer portal?

Nebraska head coach Matt Rhule has an answer.

"A good QB in the portal costs $1 million, $1.5, $2 million," Rhule said Wednesday.

Several high-profile quarterbacks have reportedly entered the transfer portal over the last week, including Mississippi State's Will Rogers, Kansas State's Will Howard, Miami's Tyler Van Dykeand Texas A&M's Max Johnson, among others.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Take the QBs cost out of the head coaches salary. They have more value. Getting the top QB is the reason the HC makes so much.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

He can cry after a game… This might be silly but the comments about going home to cuddle his dogs is not what you say after to you lose a tough game. I want to hear things like, getting back to the tap and practice field. What happen the next 2 games? I know 1 of the games was Oregon, but UCLA stomped’em. I know USC’s D was bad. Look, I could be wrong, but this is just my gut feeling on the guy from what I’ve seen.
                  I was getting that gut feeling too. We could be very wrong, it’s just a risk for the top pick to bet the franchise on.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Take the QBs cost out of the head coaches salary. They have more value. Getting the top QB is the reason the HC makes so much.
                    Boosters will pay for both, don’t worry.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      Ever wonder what it costs to land a high-profile quarterback through college football's transfer portal?

Nebraska head coach Matt Rhule has an answer.

"A good QB in the portal costs $1 million, $1.5, $2 million," Rhule said Wednesday.

Several high-profile quarterbacks have reportedly entered the transfer portal over the last week, including Mississippi State's Will Rogers, Kansas State's Will Howard, Miami's Tyler Van Dykeand Texas A&M's Max Johnson, among others.
                      Oh wow......These college players are being paid to transfer to another school? Didn't know that.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Oh wow......These college players are being paid to transfer to another school? Didn't know that.
                        There was a report that Caleb Williams made $5m this season at SC in NIL money. They said that it was more than the vast majority of Rams players made

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Dec 05.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X