• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I won't object to him either. My mantra remains: There a lot of ways ...
    Other than QB - cannot think of a position that is not open. Granted , priorities

IDL
    WR
    CB

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
      I don’t think there’s any other DT they will take other than Kris Jenkins at 37. He knows and fits the scheme perfectly. I still think they should try and trade Fox to the Eagles for a late round pick. I’d send him off for a 6th. Fox doesn’t fit the scheme and they could take another DT with that pick. 2nd year man Jarrod Clark is somebody to keep a close eye on this year.
      Clark, Otito, Okoye... no shortage of candidates who pass the eyeball test and have respectable measurables.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Oklahoma
        • Send PM

Can probably get Jenkins or Colson at 37, but neither a 69.

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Who’s who at UM pro day … Jim Nagy of the Senior Bowl is reporting that there are 9 GMs on hand at Michigan’s pro day, along with 7 head coaches, and 7 offensive line coaches. Not surprising, though for a national champion college team with a rising top 5 QB and a record 18 players that had been to the combine. For the record, 6 teams – Chicago, Dallas, Miami. New England, Pittsburgh and Washington have both their GM and head coach in Ann Arbor this morning while the GMs for Denver, San Francisco and NY Giants are also in attendance along with new LA Chargers head coach jim Harbaugh, who of course coached the Wolverines to their national title this past season before bolting for the NFL. Its interesting to note that Minnesota is not on that list, although the Vikings do have other senior personnel people at the UM pro day; however, the Vikings do have a private workout scheduled with JJ McCarthy next week where one would expect their coach and GM to be front and center.

March 22, 2024 - 9:25 am

McCarthy to throw at UM pro day … One of the more anticipated pro days of the year goes today when national champion Michigan holds its work out for pro teams. Of course, QB JJ McCarthy, who is now being talked about as a very possible top 5 pick next month will be the headliner as he will go through the usual 50-60 scripted passing session. And a horde of NFL personnel people including as many as 10 GMs are expected to be in Ann Arbor for the event. Unfortunately though it does not appear at this time as if there will be any national TV coverage, but we’ll keep looking. Meanwhile, while the Michigan pro day is the day’s highlight, NFL teams will not be sleeping on Missouri’s pro day as the Tigers have at least a couple of very interesting first-day prospects in DT Darius Robinson and CB Ennis Rakestraw, along with OT Javon Foster. They’ll also be working out today, as will Auburn, Kentucky and Boston College.

March 21, 2024 - 10:01 pm

Interesting turnout at Irish pro day … In many ways, there was almost more to chew as to who came to the Notre Dame pro day earlier today as to what they saw on the field. For the record, both Dallas and Washington sent fairly large contingents to South Bend with head coach Mike McCarthy and VP of player personnel Will McClay heading the Cowboys contingent, while both Commanders GM Adam Peters and head coach Dan Quinn were also there. We assume that the Washington people may have just stopped by on their way to see JJ McCarthy throw at the Michigan pro day on Friday. However, there was a little buzz as to who the Cowboys were looking at, although we can report that there have been some rumblings that Dallas could possibly be thinking of a trade up to try and acquire star Notre Dame OT John Alt to replace long-time incumbent LT starter Tyron Smith who just signed with the Jets. In fact, Alt appears to have been the main draw at the Irish workout with as many as 8 teams including Chicago, Philadelphia, Seattle, Jacksonville, Denver, New England as well as both the Jets and Giants sending their offensive line coaches. What is surprising a little bit is that Tennessee does not appear to have anyone of particular significance at the Notre Dame pro day; for the record, the Titans are routinely projected to select Alt with the 7th pick overall in a lot of recent mocks. The one note from the actual workout was that RB Audric Estime ran somewhat better at his pro day posting a 4.58 40 clocking, an improvement of over a tenth from his rather dismal 4.71 time at the combine.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Because they were desperate idiots . . . . . . . . . . reference MW in Denver in 2022 . . . . . . . . . Idiots Idiots Idiots

TBP will most certainly not agree with everything Harbaugh & Hortiz do, but it's abundantly clear that they are professionals, with a coherent plan (whether we like it or not) - it's so very refreshing . . . . . . . .
            I thinks it’s nice to have guys in charge who bring that Big Dick Energy.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I thinks it’s nice to have guys in charge who bring that Big Dick Energy.
              HaHaHahaHaHa . . . . . . . . . . . as opposed to the big dick envy guys we had previously

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                Can probably get Jenkins or Colson at 37, but neither a 69.
                I think there is a better chance of getting Colson at 69 than Jenkins.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                  [

March 21, 2024 - 10:01 pm

Interesting turnout at Irish pro day …
                  Can we read anything about the Chargers not there regarding Alt? Probably nothing, as they could bring him in for a private, I guess.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I think there is a better chance of getting Colson at 69 than Jenkins.
                    A lot of mocks have Colson going in the 3rd so I agree but who knows.
                    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Can we read anything about the Chargers not there regarding Alt? Probably nothing, as they could bring him in for a private, I guess.
                      Not sure how much they vetted him at the Combine but i know they met with him. They have seen everything they need on tape. Good question though. I do sort of like Sam Hartman as a later round QB. I know we signed stick but i like Sam. And he loves dogs.

390671871_713133024116774_3578996971073587412_n.jpg

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

Some news out of Michigan Pro Day. Interesting they had Mike Sainristil taking reps at WR. You can read the article here:

J.J. McCarthy pro day results: Highlights from Michigan's 2024 NFL Draft workouts (msn.com)
                          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                          3a- #66 Puni OT
                          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                          4a- #105 Rice WR
                          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                          5- #140 Green CB
                          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

Working...
                          X