• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The thinnest position on the roster is LB. And you have it in round 7. No sir.
    I just can't see Colson not being on this team if he is on the board. I just don't know if he will make it to the 3rd and don't know if they will take him in the 2nd. If they have 2 2nd rnd picks I believe they would use one of those 2nds to take him.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

interesting stat details on Fuaga and Alt, thanks Beach!

i'm a simple guy, but if Fuaga is between #30 and #38 or whatever for NCAA pass pro - is it fair to say that there are not 30 college OTs that become NFL OT starters per draft year. If he needs to move inside to OG because he can't pass pro, that drops him at least 10 more draft slots on my board towards the 20s. Heaven forbid we use a #5 or #8 on a "RT" that can't pass block.

I dont' know those numbers project as linearly as this or anything - just reacting to those numbers alone on paper. May mean nada too.
      think the main difference between the two tackles is that Alt is the better athlete when moving laterally, albeit you are not going thru Fuaga, start to finish, and whereas some of the NFL EDs are gonna be able to get some push back on Alt sometimes.... for myself the deciding factor was @the SB, and when Fuaga literally stopped Latu in his tracks, Latu couldn't move, went down to the ground, and just couldn't get back up.... Latu was my guy @that point, and am guessing he will be in the top half of EDs after he settles into the League, and.... will similarly project that Fuaga is also in the top half of pass blockers in the League @RT, but that he could end up being the best run blocking tackle in the League, and that has value in a Roman/Harbaugh offense, and.... for myself, as an intangibles guy, just much prefer the Taliese intangibles over Alt.... just doesn't have the makeup in comparison to Fuaga, @least by my take.... just like Taliese much better as Charger.

don't care so much 'bout well rounded/all around.... read Zierlein, Jeremiah and others.... Fuaga can def pass block, but the superlatives about his run blocking just jump off the page.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Yeah the "Blanket Assumption" thing threw me off. I wondered if you thought i was attacking you via my reposnse to BJ. Thats why i reached out to you privately to make sure you knew i dont always read discussions/debates here. This place is running smooth and heavy. I work the twitter mines for gems. And get them here. So when i do post here its usually just to throw my takes into the TPB machine. Getting it out there. Not too into the debates as i am slammed with life.

But i hear what you are saying. I spend a lot of time defending Bowers because the takes against him are way off. And facts are usually not part of it. Its just that guys want Nabers. I want any of the 3 to be honest. And again i dont view Bowers as a proto TE. He is all 3 TEs. Inline. Hybrid. Flex. He moves around(joker) can line up at FB...no need for a Picard type...and he dominates from all the WR slots because CBs cant cover him. Nor can Safeties and LBs. His YAC ability is better than a lot of WRs in the league. Its certainly head and shoulders above any TE in the league. He is Derrick Henry with the ball in his hands.

I just wish he would stop getting the TE only treatment. And more would see where the league is headed. We go through trends. RBs get phased out. Passing and 11 Personnel all the rage. Then defenses adjust. Now we are back to Run games being key and RBs being all the rage. We go in cycles...yet the one common thread/denominator for success in this league can be viewed through the Chiefs...that is heavy run game and 12 Personnel. Its like they didnt really get coacught up in the trends and just stuck with what is becoming really popular again. Heavy TE usage. Lions...Niners....Chiefs...Ravens. All do this and have been for a while now. Look for the Bills to start moving towards 2TE sets going forward.

You dont draft for the past...you draft forward thinking...knowing the trends. Knowing the cycles. Bowers is the ultimate prize for where i think the league is now. And has been. Even when teams are trying to go massive 3WR sets...the teams running heavy TE are still winning through it all. Starting to see a lot of 12 personnel with condensed splits as well. I bet we see a lot of that. Heavy Texas concepts. Condensed splits. Bunched up near the OL. Heavy packages. This should be more old school football for us. Similar to the LT/Gates years.
        So...are you with me thinking Bowers could still be the pick? I still think he could be though i think OT moves closer to the top. We will run the ball and its evident from those TE moves. Think Parham and Stone....Stone for sure will be goners.
        Right now i think it is definitly Bowers, or maybe Fuaga or maybe Mims are the target with a little trade back. But i still think the iOL is the biggest need. Still think WR isnt a big need.

I know most like Nabers but i think id go Odunze over him in a little trade back. We still need picks and it looks like those will come from trade backs in round 1 and 2....not moving far in either but it gets us 2-4 extra picks.

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So...are you with me thinking Bowers could still be the pick? I still think he could be though i think OT moves closer to the top. We will run the ball and its evident from those TE moves. Think Parham and Stone....Stone for sure will be goners.
          Right now i think it is definitly Bowers, Fuaga or Mims are the target with a little trade back. Still think WR isnt a big need.

I know most like Nabers but i think id go Odunze over him in a little trade back. We still need picks and it looks like those will come from trade backs in round 1 and 2....not moving far in either but it gets us 2-4 extra picks.
          Fuaga/Bowers/Nabers/Rome/Alt all feel like possibilities. I just know how key TE is for this scheme. And not sure im ok with our pass catching flex type guys. Maybe Roman plans on sort of moving away from his heavy 12 days?

Keenan....Dissly.....Hurst....Nabers

Keenan....Dissly....Bowers....QJ

Just wondering what package does the most damage. WR is so deep that we could end up upgrading QJ with a 3rd rounder. lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Fuaga/Bowers/Nabers/Rome/Alt all feel like possibilities. I just know how key TE is for this scheme. And not sure im ok with our pass catching flex type guys. Maybe Roman plans on sort of moving away from his heavy 12 days?

Just wondering what package does the most damage. WR is so deep that we could end up upgrading QJ with a 3rd rounder. lol
            If QJ were in this draft he actually would be a 3rd rounder...maybe 4th.
            Doubt we go 2nd round WR but Legettte or McConkey would be good gets.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

If QJ were in this draft he actually would be a 3rd rounder...maybe 4th.
              Doubt we go 2nd round WR but Legettte or McConkey would be good gets.
              Keenan - Dissly - Bowers - Legette

Essentialy 3 monster pass catchers. And big powerful blocking that can move around. You could put Bowers at WR and go Dissly/Parham or Hurst. He is so damn flexible. On the perimeter you cant put a corner on Bowers. You can move him to FB on short yardage runs also. Goal Line runs. He is a 100% snap chess piece. Poeple keep seeing TE only. Inline TE. Thats a part time player. He is so much more.

Kittle...Aiyuk....Deebo....Juszczyk

He is a combo of all these players. lol The Deebo comp is his YAC.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Keenan - Dissly - Bowers - Legette

Essentialy 3 monster pass catchers. And big powerful blocking that can move around. You could put Bowers at WR and go Dissly/Parham or Hurst. He is so damn flexible. On the perimeter you cant put a corner on Bowers. You can move him to FB on short yardage runs also. Goal Line runs. He is a 100% snap chess piece. Poeple keep seeing TE only. Inline TE. Thats a part time player. He is so much more.

Kittle...Aiyuk....Deebo....Juszczyk

He is a combo of all these players. lol The Deebo comp is his YAC.
                I also saw Bowers as the best fit early on. But at #5 I don't think so. Trading down still a possibility. But with the moves they just made at TE
                I'm scratching my head. Is Hurst backup insurance or our receiving TE? We currently have 4 TE on the roster. Something is going to give.
                I don't see the same four come Sept.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I also saw Bowers as the best fit early on. But at #5 I don't think so. Trading down still a possibility. But with the moves they just made at TE
                  I'm scratching my head. Is Hurst backup insurance or our receiving TE? We currently have 4 TE on the roster. Something is going to give.
                  No clue whats happening. But im tired of the Bowers not worth the 5 thing because he is a TE. lol Done defending him. He is a movable piece. More so than Kelce and Andrews. Kittle as well. I have crazy plays in mind with him. Again i just see a multi role player. He is the most multi role guy in this draft. And the most multi role TE in the league. He might also be the most versatile pass catcher in the league. He is a giant WR.

I really hope he times low 4.5s. I mean most CBs in this draft are running in the 4.5s this year. Thats also a concern of mine. And we need CBs. But man not a lot of top end guys with elite speed. That is one position i want CBs with some pace. WRs are faster than shit nowadays.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

This...there are going to be some 2nd rounders that will slip to our third pick (69th). Given that I do think QJ will eventually look like at least a 2nd rounder by the end of the season. Maybe teach him how to play TE as a receiving threat and not as a blocker?

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

No clue whats happening. But im tired of the Bowers not worth the 5 thing because he is a TE. lol Done defending him. He is a movable piece. More so than Kelce and Andrews. Kittle as well. I have crazy plays in mind with him. Again i just see a multi role player. He is the most multi role guy in this draft. And the most multi role TE in the league. He might also be the most versatile pass catcher in the league. He is a giant WR.

I really hope he times low 4.5s. I mean most CBs in this draft are running in the 4.5s this year. Thats also a concern of mine. And we need CBs. But man not a lot of top end guys with elite speed. That is one position i want CBs with some pace. WRs are faster than shit nowadays.
                      I made the same argument. But lots of different opinions. Bowers apparently has some injury and did not run at the combine and sounds like he's not
                      running at Georgia pro day either. If we didn't have so many needs I'd stick @ 5. But center, CB, RB and even LB are real needs.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Right now i think it is definitly Bowers, or maybe Fuaga or maybe Mims are the target with a little trade back. But i still think the iOL is the biggest need. Still think WR isnt a big need.

Hortiz could trade back TWICE and still get Bowers, if the majority of recent pro mocks are to be believed.

If you believe you have access to a 21 year old Jerry Rice, I think you take him at #5, even if WR isn't your most pressing need.

So we'll see how impressed, or unimpressed, Hortiz is with the wideout talent that will be available to him at #5.

It seems evident, however, that Hortiz could trade down, get extra draft capital, and STILL get a difference-making player. Even Bowers. On a team desperate for reinforcements, the only reasons you DON'T trade down from this position are (1) you don't get a worthy offer, or (2) you believe you have Jerry Rice available to you.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Stone won't make the team. I'm not sure Parham will either.
                          ​​​​

Comment

Working...
                          X