• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

I had Bowers at #5 and nothing has changed. As much emphases that is placed on TEs in this offense Bowers make the most sense. He protects Herbert as a blocker and weapon.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Hortiz could trade back TWICE and still get Bowers, if the majority of recent pro mocks are to be believed.

If you believe you have access to a 21 year old Jerry Rice, I think you take him at #5, even if WR isn't your most pressing need.

So we'll see how impressed, or unimpressed, Hortiz is with the wideout talent that will be available to him at #5.

It seems evident, however, that Hortiz could trade down, get extra draft capital, and STILL get a difference-making player. Even Bowers. On a team desperate for reinforcements, the only reasons you DON'T trade down from this position are (1) you don't get a worthy offer, or (2) you believe you have Jerry Rice available to you.
      Maybe, maybe not. That's the chance you take.
      ​​​I agree with Fleet in everything he said about him as i also said he was more than a TE. ...and everybody should know and see that.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

No clue whats happening. But im tired of the Bowers not worth the 5 thing because he is a TE. lol Done defending him. He is a movable piece. More so than Kelce and Andrews. Kittle as well. I have crazy plays in mind with him. Again i just see a multi role player. He is the most multi role guy in this draft. And the most multi role TE in the league. He might also be the most versatile pass catcher in the league. He is a giant WR.

I really hope he times low 4.5s. I mean most CBs in this draft are running in the 4.5s this year. Thats also a concern of mine. And we need CBs. But man not a lot of top end guys with elite speed. That is one position i want CBs with some pace. WRs are faster than shit nowadays.
        He's the McCaffrey+Deebo of Tight Ends . I was hoping he'd run in the high 4.4s
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

You can draft 2024 NFL rookies RIGHT NOW in Rookie Best Ball leagues! When you use promo code BOOTLEG at https://play.underdogfantasy.com/p-bootleg-football ...

1:45:43

"surprised if Joe Alt isn't the pick"
          --EJ
          also
          I think it was Kollman who mentioned that Roman uses his 3rd OT often in jumbo, so the concern about Pipkins getting paid isn't a big deal, even if Alt starts day 1 over Pipkins, Pip will still earn his money in this system.
          I suspect I better get comfortable with the idea of Alt at 5 if we aren't able to trade down.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I made the same argument. But lots of different opinions. Bowers apparently has some injury and did not run at the combine and sounds like he's not
            running at Georgia pro day either. If we didn't have so many needs I'd stick @ 5. But center, CB, RB and even LB are real needs.
            Pro day happened already. He has a private work out set for April. For all teams. I suspect he runs there. He needs to turn on the lights for staffs. Fire up that engine. I want to see some freak. Thats the shine that turns guys on. The tape is 90% of it...but lets see him put on a show.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He's the McCaffrey+Deebo of Tight Ends . I was hoping he'd run in the high 4.4s
              His mind is probably what sets him apart the most. I mean Kelce isnt an athletic freak...he is just ultra savvy on the field. He is so damn smart. But he is just a pass catcher. An amazing one. He isnt a threat to score after the catch. Not like Bowers is. Kelce gets most of his TDs the standard way. Shorter stuff. Bowers morphs into different players and different roles. He could be Kelce at TE getting open and catching the ball with amazing hands and ball awareness....but the he turns into another guy when its time to run after the catch. And he is a punisher. Like Henry is. He will make fans go nuts when he drills a gut into the earth...or throws a guy into the sideline...and then turns up field and flies for a TD.

He is a total nerd...i just feel like he and Justin would become best friends. We would see commercials with Justin and Brock being bros. lol

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/live/r5zU5Zd...HvssaT3aHShdyl

--EJ
                also
                I think it was Kollman who mentioned that Roman uses his 3rd OT often in jumbo, so the concern about Pipkins getting paid isn't a big deal, even if Alt starts day 1 over Pipkins, Pip will still earn his money in this system.
                I suspect I better get comfortable with the idea of Alt at 5 if we aren't able to trade down.
                If they go OT, I just hope they don’t draft a LT and move him to RT. Trade back and take a mauling RT like JC Lathem if you’re going to do it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/live/r5zU5Zd...HvssaT3aHShdyl

--EJ
                  also
                  Podcaster? Well,....
                  Jim Carrey What GIF by Laff

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Let's get this straight,
                    once and for all.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Just kidding 21/500....

So many different opinions.

Just listened to Matt Smith with Chris Harris. Long story short they think we should trade down gets picks and load up on D. Need CBs, LBs and DT...we need a lot on defense. And still need a OC.

Harris likes Mitchell and Arnold....as we all do.

We will get a good player no matter what we do.

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

And now we’re going WR at 5 no question.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Let's get this straight,
                          once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                          X