and raise to Turner-McConkey.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lol, you pick out one dramatic play, as if one play actually means something. Can you name a RT that was never beat once?

But headstrong and full of fury, gosh darn you’re gonna prove Pipkins is the worst player on the team. And io do that, you selected a play where Slater got beat for a somewhat rare (for him) sack? Thats fucking awesome!

Friends Tv Lol GIF by Nick At Nite
      You pull out your cherry pick stat that he had no sacks vs LV And I went to game film to describe how 1 of 3 sacks in that exact game you cherry picked result in opponent scoop score for TD was a Pipkins disaster snap.
      At least my cherry was picked from game film and not a stat sheet.

p.s. every play means something and one play in a NFL game could mean a lot. Especially a turnover scoop score.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

FWIW, Allen said he's only interested in playing here and if not, he could take the regular-season off and join a contender.
        we could be that contender.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Who cares? How have YOU determined that Nabers is a better prospect than Alt? You're basing your opinion on what someone else wrote over what you've watched--if you have even watched Nabers and Alt play?

I have no idea what you are talking about. The best right tackles in the NFL right now were all drafted in the first round. Penei Sewell is probably the best right tackle in the NFL currently. If not, it's Lane Johnson. They were both selected in the top seven. Wirfs was in the conversation before he moved to left tackle. The three right tackles you picked out are not nearly as impressive. And where in my post did I say we need All-Pros at all positions?

My post proves that the majority of the All-Pro right tackles were selected in the first round. There are many more outstanding wide receivers and tight ends who were drafted after the first round. Is it possible we can get a good or outstanding right tackle after the first round? Yes. Has recent history shown it's as likely to get one after the first round as it is to find a good-to-great receiver or tight end later than the first round? Absolutely not.

You said we know there are at least three good-to-great receivers who will be picked in the top ten. No we don't. I have a great feeling that Harrison will be great. He will probably and should be gone before we pick. I think Odunze will be very good. I have my doubts about Nabers.

How do you determine Alt is better than Nabors when they play very different positions? I'm looking at the impact both would have on our team. If Allen is
          there the combo of him and Nabors means nobody is going to stack the box. Which means running the ball just got easier. If Allen isn't here we would desperately
          need a WR. While Alt will improve the RT position, he's not going to have the impact that Nabors would have. And if you want to run the football you better
          get OGs, a Center and RB. One ROT is not going to fix the run game. And I'm sorry if you want a RT that can stop elite pass rushers then more than likely
          that guy is going to need help. That's just the way it is. Elite edge guys are called that for a reason.

The best QBs are taking in round 1. The best CBs are taking in round 1. The best Edge guys are taken in round 1. Yeck even the best OG are sometime taken
          in round 1. All that proves is that the best players are taken in round 1. LIke we didn't know that.

No I said there are 3 good to great receivers in this draft. Nobody knows when they will be taken because that depends on team needs and how GMs fix up
          there boards. But I'll bet all three go in round 1. And guess what I bet the three top OT will go in round 1. I mean WTF.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            FWIW, Allen said he's only interested in playing here and if not, he could take the regular-season off and join a contender.
            we could be that contender.
            I think Allen gets a deal done. On par with Mike Evans - maybe slightly less - but around those numbers. But who knows - maybe it will be like Armstead with the Niners - they wanted him at one number, Armstead wanted a number and the two sides parted ways.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Kneeland is a fine prospect.

No more Power Gap Paradise.

I see your Odunze-Kneeland...
              and raise to Turner-McConkey.
              If Keenan is gone, I’m in the Odunze-Kneeland boat. Simply because I think Odunze is the best all around WR in the draft. I’m over the MHJ hype.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

How do you determine Alt is better than Nabors when they play very different positions?
                Very true. And the opposite can also be said.

I'm looking at the impact both would have on our team. If Allen is there the combo of him and Nabors means nobody is going to stack the box. Which means running the ball just got easier.
                Partly true... partly false. The coaches believe that the run game will have a bigger impact... in that the running game will help the passing game. If you don't like the message, don't kill the messengers.

If Allen isn't here we would desperately need a WR.
                If Allen is here, they don't desperately need a WR. Allen is better than any WR Harbaugh/Hortiz have ever had. The WR's @Michigan were good... not elite. They won a National Championship that way. Balanced offense. Strong defense. Take your beef to management.

While Alt will improve the RT position, he's not going to have the impact that Nabors would have. And if you want to run the football you better get OGs, a Center and RB. One ROT is not going to fix the run game.
                Nobody has ever claimed that better play from the IOL players is not needed. More experience and better coaching will help. If the OG's continue to play poorly, they will eventually need to be replaced. It's cool if you apply that optimism to Pipkins... but I'm skeptical. He's had plenty of time and coaching to get better. He even went to Duke Mannyweather's camp. I haven't seen the returns.
                If Harbaugh/Roman/Devlin believe they can fix Pipkins... so be it. I just want it fixed.
                In the end, a trade-back is the best scenario IMO. 3 starters v 1 starter will always make your team better.
                Football is a team sport. The networks like to package the game as a game of super stars. But it's much more than that.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

If Keenan is gone, I’m in the Odunze-Kneeland boat. Simply because I think Odunze is the best all around WR in the draft. I’m over the MHJ hype.
                  Both are future number 1s.
                  but ya at this point Rome has made a compelling case for himself. I wouldn't question Rome even at 5.
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Both are future number 1s.
                    but ya at this point Rome has made a compelling case for himself. I wouldn't question Rome even at 5.
                    at this point not trading out of 5 would be a bit questionable...can't think of a better trade down scenario presenting itself in the last 20 years...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

at this point not trading out of 5 would be a bit questionable...can't think of a better trade down scenario presenting itself in the last 20 years...
                      Somebody has to offer to move up. It's not a unilateral decision

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If Harbaugh/Roman/Devlin believe they can fix Pipkins... so be it. I just want it fixed.
                        In the end, a trade-back is the best scenario IMO. 3 starters v 1 starter will always make your team better.
                        Football is a team sport. The networks like to package the game as a game of super stars. But it's much more than that.
                        I don't know what the Chargers will do. As already mentioned it takes 2 to tangle. My opinion is that a trade back is certainly
                        possible. But pending FA I would stick with MH2 or Nabors @ 5 if there. Of course that doesn't mean shit. Some reports indicate
                        that the Chargers will blow it up and get rid of all 4 of the big cap hits. If so then trading back would be the best option as we would
                        have created even more holes than we currently have.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

looking over past drafts, do think it much more likely to dredge out talent @the skill positions in later rounds, as opposed to bonafide difference making linemen....

RB Keilian Robinson, Daijun Edwards, Jaylen Wright, Jonathan Brooks
                          WR Luke McCaffrey
                          TE Tip Reiman, Ben Sinnott

well, so much for that theory, as guess I don't see so many good gets for day two/three....

OC Sedrick Van Pran Granger
                          OG Trente Jones, Zak Zinter
                          OT Tylan Grable

DT Gabe Hall
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X