• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

We're having DT Braden Fiske in for a pre draft visit. https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...e-draft-visit/
    Good player.
    Where would he fit in our draft? Pick 37?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      We're having DT Braden Fiske in for a pre draft visit. https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...e-draft-visit/
      Good player.
      Interesting...and yes
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

If they trade back AD Mitchell would be my target. He’s got good size and great speed. Good hands and rout running ability. AD and QJ on the out side with JP lining up all over would be a good WR core to start.

Bring in Parris Campbell and then you have 3 guys with great speed.
        Agree about Mitchell, ...wouldnt mind him if we get 23.or trade down a bit from 23 in round 1 and keep him from KC to boot ...dont agree about Campbell. Guyton is fast!
        Couldnt be less excited about brining in Campbell. Been a bust. Zeirlien gave him a 6.70 grade and he has been hurt and not good. Played a whole season once in 5 years and eureka, it was in his contract year. Imagine that.

Only played in 12 last season in NYG and averaged 5.2 YPC. Career 9.3...Id argue Guyton is better for us and he isnt coming back. Rather draft Malik Washington or Cornelius Johnson later for much cheaper.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          On receivers...

I have been lazy doing true evaluations...I figured we stick at 5, we might take one of the big 3...but otherwise, it wasnt a glaring need...

Then we traded Slayer...

So I started watching, started reading, looking up stats, drop rates, testing...

Now, some of those WRs in last years class may ultimately have better careers, than some of these top guys in 2024...you never can tell how their paths will wind, how good their teams or QBs will be, how they handle being a pro, how much they evolve their game...but from a PROSPECT standpoint, when considering size, speed, athleticism, versatility, hands, production, route running, seperation...Ive got FIVE guys who are better PROSPECTS than anyone in last years class...thats nuts.

MHjr
          Odunze
          Nabors
          Thomas Jr.
          Mitchell

McConkey, Worthy, and Legitte would likely have been pushing the guys at the top of last years class, as they look now, with Njigba being the only guy in that class, IMO, that belongs in the conversation with the top 5 in THIS years class. Again...nuts.

Not advocating an early WR pick...just sharing observations. For all I know, WR is down Jim and Joes list, and a vet, plus a day 3 rookie are all we need to add, and they think Q and Josh are good enough...who knows?

Again...just observations, and opinion.
          Nice. 👍

If we somehow do that trade down to 11/23, I could see WR/CB being those two picks. Premium positions deserve premium picks.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
            Good player.
            interesting guy, first player in senior bowl history to get traded from one side to the other before the game, LOL...

I didn't think he had a particularly strong senior bowl week of practice and he disappeared for stretches in the game too, but I've read that he was the guy that made that Florida State defense go last year and he did have an impressive showing at the combine...

the guy was projected to be a late 3rd or 4rth rounder before the combine and now there are rumblings that he might sneak into the bottom of the 1st round, IDK, I guess some folks had misjudged him before? it's so hard to say how he projects, his lack of length seemed to be an issue at the senior bowl but the senior bowl could've been an aberration, IDK...

I like the player, but I would like him a lot more in the 3rd or 4rth round, seems risky at 37...if they invited him in they must like him, right?

not that it matters but he has openly lobbied that he wants to play for the Raiders, LOL...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I doubt the Vikes show their hand to the Giants, unless they got a deal in place...unless they feel having 11 and 23 is an acceptable contigency if they miss on a top 4 QB...but I doubt it.
              Oh they wont. Both will be contacting AZ and us on draft day or probably before. Its all about AZ and if they are bent on taking MHJ. They could take the Minnesota trade and then trade back up with us for him. Or the say fuck it, we arent messin around and just take him.
              But the Giants could be hung out to dry or they could just pick Nix who i think is a better prospect than Jones coming out from college.

Hec i think AZ should take a QB and trade Kyler . Trade Kyler to NYG or Minnesota. Then have plenty of picks to get WRs. How's that curveball!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Oh they wont. Both will be contacting AZ and us on draft day or probably before. Its all about AZ and if they are bent on taking MHJ. They could take the Minnesota trade and then trade back up with us for him. Or the say fuck it, we arent messin around and just take him.
                But the Giants could be hung out to dry or they could just pick Nix who i think is a better prospect than Jones coming out from college.

Hec i think AZ should take a QB and trade Kyler . Trade Kyler to NYG or Minnesota. Then have plenty of picks to get WRs. How's that curveball!
                I think they just picked up Murrays option - so again not sure that happens but I am with you - not sure Kyler Murray is the long term answer for the Cardinals

I am not sold on Jones either - but they suckered themselves into a bad deal - sucks for the Gmen!

I think AZ will take WR - they don't need the draft capital - they have more than anybody. I think they might trade with the Giants - but not all the way too 11. I think they will want Nabers or MHJr

Vikings to the Chargers - thats my guess and hope

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Agree about Mitchell, ...wouldnt mind him if we get 23.or trade down a bit from 23 in round 1 and keep him from KC to boot ...dont agree about Campbell. Guyton is fast!
                  Couldnt be less excited about brining in Campbell. Been a bust. Zeirlien gave him a 6.70 grade and he has been hurt and not good. Played a whole season once in 5 years and eureka, it was in his contract year. Imagine that.

Only played in 12 last season in NYG and averaged 5.2 YPC. Career 9.3...Id argue Guyton is better for us and he isnt coming back. Rather draft Malik Washington or Cornelius Johnson later for much cheaper.
                  I think Cornelius Johnson will be a late round target for them.

I mention Campbell just for depth going into the season. He would be extremely cheap and 4th or 5th on the depth chart. Even if they take 2 WRs in the draft, it’s just more competition for the the last spots in the roster.

Bub Means is another WR to look at in the 7th and maybe even UDFA.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I think Cornelius Johnson will be a late round target for them.

I mention Campbell just for depth going into the season. He would be extremely cheap and 4th or 5th on the depth chart. Even if they take 2 WRs in the draft, it’s just more competition for the the last spots in the roster.

Bub Means is another WR to look at in the 7th and maybe even UDFA.
                    Id take Cornelius in the 5th. Harbaugh knows him, he is fast and is 6'3".

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

So you are saying he could be the next Raiders GM when Telesco is fired in 3 years? I like it

Sassy Sarah Silverman GIF by HULU
                      We can only hope . . . . . . .

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

His only knock is his 31" arms but id really like him or Jenkins round 2...not sure Fiske makes it to top of 3rd but some will make a big deal of his short arms. Hoping we can get an extra 2nd rounder.
                        I doubt Green is going in round 2
                        He doesn't need long arms...lol.

In regard to Green, I don't know what the knock on him his. Best press corner in college last year. Most mocks have him in rounds 3-4 but who knows.
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan