• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

It makes no sense to trade away the best player in the draft for pick #11.
    And then you're going to hope someone lets you back up to #5...hoping they make the same mistake as you...?
    This is a pipe dream. It would be an epic fail that gets the GM fired.
    Arizona is taking MHJ (if he's even there).
    If we end up getting #11 and #23 and take Latu (as always, I say if he's at no risk medically) or Kool-Aid with our second pick in the first round I believe we're going to have a player who will be much better than several of those selected ahead of him. I believe a pass-rushing package of Bosa, Mack, Latu, and Tuli would put the same fear into Mahomes that the New York Giants did to Tom Brady in those two Super Bowls. Kool-Aid could be our Trent McDuffie.

Please make the deal with US, Minnesota!

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

No...Arizona would have our #5 so their draft picks would be #5,23,27,35,104,105,138,162,186
      Chargers would have #11,37,66,69,71,90,110,140,181,225,253 we gain two more high thirds and do a swap for #90 with 105
      Sorry dude... that's just too much mental gymnastics for me.
      Let's make this shit easy... and just tell Arizona to fuck-off... we're taking MHJ. Have fun @#11, 23, and whatever 20 picks you have.
      Because that's what 99% of the GM's would do.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

You guys are over-thinking this...

@#11 you take RT Fuaga... because, "We want to run the ball and protect our QB"
        @#23 you take Edgerrin Cooper... because we need a LB that can do it all: run stop, drop into coverage, and blitz MaHommes.
        @#37 you have multiple options... but a dominant DT would be my choice. Jenkins...? Orhorhoro...? Center could be another wise choice.
        @#69 you have multiple options... DT (in case you went OC in the 2nd round). CB (in case you got a DT in the 2nd round)
        @#105 and #110 you get a RB and a WR. Those groups are so deep. Let's say, Brendan Rice and Jaylen Wright.

From there you start filling in backups (probably starting with TE). Say Jared Wiley. Or if you chose not to get a center in the 2nd round... Drake Nugent.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

No...Arizona would have our #5 so their draft picks would be #5,23,27,35,104,105,138,162,186
          Chargers would have #11,37,66,69,71,90,110,140,181,225,253 we gain two more high thirds and do a swap for #90 with 105
          I wouldn't do it for 11 and 66, 71. We would not be getting enough even swapping 90 for 105.

It would have to be 11 and 27 or the very least 11 and 35....which is still a little in our favor....but they trading up,... and the tax is a little less than 27.
          They do make out making that trade but they have to be sure we are on board with that if they want MHJ or they get scrutinized too death by their fans.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldn't do it for 11 and 66, 71. We would not be getting enough even swapping 90 for 105.

It would have to be 11 and 27 or the very least 11 and 35....which is still a little in our favor....but they trading up,... and the tax is a little less than 27.
            They do make out making that trade but they have to be sure we are on board with that if they want MHJ or they get scrutinized too death by their fans.
            This was just a suggestion. Seems like everyone is hell bent on trading down. Personally I want MH2 or Nabers... But hey, if two high thirds aint enough for ya moving down six spots then stop talking about trade downs.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

This was just a suggestion. Seems like everyone is hell bent on trading down. Personally I want MH2 or Nabers... But hey, if two high thirds aint enough for ya moving down six spots then stop talking about trade downs.
              I wouldn't say hell bent... but the conditions seem to be pointing in that direction.

Vikings trading for #23 was a major sign... after they didn't re-sign Cousins. They have more capital than any other team.
              Cardinals not re-signing Marquise Brown... then trading Rondale Moore... with MHJ slotted to them @#4
              Us... looking @RT's that seem to be slotted right around #11. Along with a LB that seems to be slotted right around #23.

I know a lot of you are hell bent on getting one of the Big-3 WR's. But, then again, you have to recognize the conditions seem to be pointing in a different direction.

We already have a 1st round pick WR. He's not what everyone wanted... but he's here. He has a lot of the traits (size/speed). He actually fits what the offensive coaches want to do... shorter routes with YAC and then hit a defense deep when they cheat up (off of play-action). Joshua Palmer fits the mold, too... more route running... less deep shot. We'll be running a lot of 21-personnel... which means 2-WR sets. It would seem foolish to sit 2 young, developing WR's on the bench for 50% of the offensive plays.

I think once you guys start looking @the WR's that are slotted round 2-5, you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's a very deep group.
              Last edited by Boltnut; 03-21-2024, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

To me, it's less about the specific values of specific picks. The Cardinals have many needs. But they've also worked hard to obtain many picks (something like 7 picks in the Top-100). They are slotted to take their biggest need (WR) with maybe the best player in the draft @#4. Why would they trade back... then back up... and lose some of those extra picks doing it...?

It seems like a ploy dreamt up by WR-obsessed fans. @#11 (if I lean toward the passing game) I'd get Brock Bowers to put in my 21-personnel. At least then, I wouldn't be putting JP and QJ on the bench and missing an opportunity to develop them... But as you know, I'm a trencher. I lean Fuaga over Bowers. But Bowers has value @#11... it's tempting even for a trencher.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Been mocking Lloyd to us at 105 or 110 since the Keenan trade
                  Latham down to 343 lbs. Where do you slot the glut of RTs?
                  I love Lloyd's vision and burst.

Originally posted by WalterFootball
                  13. MarShawn Lloyd*, RB, USC
                  Height: 5-9. Weight: 217.
                  Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
                  Projected Round (2024): 3-5.

2/24/24: Lloyd has a compact build and is a physical downhill runner. He shows the strength to run through tackles and can pound defenses between the tackles. loyd averaged 7.1 yards per carry in 223 for 820 yards and nine touchdowns. He also notched 13 receptions for 232 yards. Lloyd had a solid week of practice at the Senior Bowl and could be a solid No. 2 back in the NFL.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

If we end up getting #11 and #23 and take Latu (as always, I say if he's at no risk medically) or Kool-Aid with our second pick in the first round I believe we're going to have a player who will be much better than several of those selected ahead of him. I believe a pass-rushing package of Bosa, Mack, Latu, and Tuli would put the same fear into Mahomes that the New York Giants did to Tom Brady in those two Super Bowls. Kool-Aid could be our Trent McDuffie.

Please make the deal with US, Minnesota!
                    Latu could definitely be a target... with Mack's contract ending after 2024 and Bosa's ending after 2025. Kool-Aid would be a steal @#23. But, if you watch Michigan defense, you'll notice they bring pressure from the middle with stunts and LB's. Which is why Edgerrin Cooper also makes sense. @#23 is a really good thing either way.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

I wouldn't say hell bent... but the conditions seem to be pointing in that direction.

Vikings trading for #23 was a major sign... after they didn't re-sign Cousins. They have more capital than any other team.
                      Cardinals not re-signing Marquise Brown... then trading Rondale Moore... with MHJ slotted to them @#4
                      Us... looking @RT's that seem to be slotted right around #11. Along with a LB that seems to be slotted right around #23.

I know a lot of you are hell bent on getting one of the Big-3 WR's. But, then again, you have to recognize the conditions seem to be pointing in a different direction.

We already have a 1st round pick WR. He's not what everyone wanted... but he's here. He has a lot of the traits (size/speed). He actually fits what the offensive coaches want to do... shorter routes with YAC and then hit a defense deep when they cheat up (off of play-action). Joshua Palmer fits the mold, too... more route running... less deep shot. We'll be running a lot of 21-personnel... which means 2-WR sets. It would seem foolish to sit 2 young, developing WR's on the bench for 50% of the offensive plays.

I think once you guys start looking @the WR's that are slotted round 2-5, you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's a very deep group.
                      There are so many intriguing options there. I like the Packers' approach to how they handled the wide receiver depth chart after losing Davante Adams. They didn't panic. They used second-round picks on Christian Watson and Jayden Reed in 2022 and 2023, and a fourth-rounder on Romeo Doubs in 2023. They had two first-round picks in 2022 and used them on defense. They drafted a pass-rusher in the first round last year. Jordan Love has a wealth of weapons to throw to right now, and none of them were first-round picks.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Latu could definitely be a target... with Mack's contract ending after 2024 and Bosa's ending after 2025. Kool-Aid would be a steal @#23. But, if you watch Michigan defense, you'll notice they bring pressure from the middle with stunts and LB's. Which is why Edgerrin Cooper also makes sense. @#23 is a really good thing either way.
                        Cooper is definitely an intriguing option at #23. I like Joe Alt a lot, but after Marvin Harrison goes to Arizona I don't think there's anyone projected in the top ten Harbaugh and Hortiz have to stay at #5 and pick. Trading down with Minnesota is definitely where this should be heading.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Albert Breer is saying the top 3 teams are not interested in moving off their pick…

Good news if true for the Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                          X