• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Cooper is definitely an intriguing at #23. I like Joe Alt a lot, but after Marvin Harrison goes to Arizona I don't think there's anyone projected in the top ten Harbaugh and Hortiz have to stay at #5 and pick. Trading down with Minnesota is definitely where this should be heading.
    That’s really high for him. I think he’s there at 37.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

In franchise history, the Chargers have picked at #5 overall four times. Two of those players are in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        In franchise history, the Chargers have picked at #5 overall four times. Two of those players are in the Hall of Fame.
        He wasn't a Chargers pick but Khalil Mack was drafted at #5 by the Raiders

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I'd be curious about the 'cluster' at #37-- There will, undoubtedly, be several prospects available, any of which we'd be legitimately geeked to see joining the Bolts.

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'd be curious about the 'cluster' at #37-- There will, undoubtedly, be several prospects available, any of which we'd be legitimately geeked to see joining the Bolts.
            The top of the 2nd is going to be freaking gold in this draft. I expect Hortiz to try to find a way to double dip in the 2nd.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I wouldn't say hell bent... but the conditions seem to be pointing in that direction.

Vikings trading for #23 was a major sign... after they didn't re-sign Cousins. They have more capital than any other team.
              Cardinals not re-signing Marquise Brown... then trading Rondale Moore... with MHJ slotted to them @#4
              Us... looking @RT's that seem to be slotted right around #11. Along with a LB that seems to be slotted right around #23.

I know a lot of you are hell bent on getting one of the Big-3 WR's. But, then again, you have to recognize the conditions seem to be pointing in a different direction.

We already have a 1st round pick WR. He's not what everyone wanted... but he's here. He has a lot of the traits (size/speed). He actually fits what the offensive coaches want to do... shorter routes with YAC and then hit a defense deep when they cheat up (off of play-action). Joshua Palmer fits the mold, too... more route running... less deep shot. We'll be running a lot of 21-personnel... which means 2-WR sets. It would seem foolish to sit 2 young, developing WR's on the bench for 50% of the offensive plays.

I think once you guys start looking @the WR's that are slotted round 2-5, you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's a very deep group.

For the most part. If we play the odds, the question is what we want from a WR draft pick. Elite = early 1st. Decent player = Rd 2- 5.

I like Rice in 4 but that wouldn't stop me from taking a MHJ, Nabers, Odunze at 5.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                So we have a 50/50 chance of taking a HOF player at 5? I like the odds. Go for Hortiz.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This was just a suggestion. Seems like everyone is hell bent on trading down. Personally I want MH2 or Nabers... But hey, if two high thirds aint enough for ya moving down six spots then stop talking about trade downs.
                  Why settle for two 3rds when i can get a 2nd and pick 31 spots sooner? Maybe i trade that down 5 spots or so and get another third and still stay in the second. Who knows but ill take a early second over two 3rds anytime.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Albert Breer is saying the top 3 teams are not interested in moving off their pick…

Good news if true for the Chargers.
                    Makes sense and i dont know why some pundits think they would. NE needs a QB bad, why take a chance and not get one of the top 3? I dont see any way they trade with Minnesota.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Jeremiah isnt always correct and IF we get the Minnesota trade, we could maybe move #23 down a little and still get him. Of course that would be their feel of things of what they hear. Cooper is a good fit for us. Maybe they feel he is worth 23. At his proday, i see he ripped off a 4.45. He ran a 4.51 at the combine.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why settle for two 3rds when i can get a 2nd and pick 31 spots sooner? Maybe i trade that down 5 spots or so and get another third and still stay in the second. Who knows but ill take a early second over two 3rds anytime.
                        1. Would you trade down or draft MHJ if he's available at #5?

2. What about Malik Nabers or Brock Bowers, are either worth the #5 pick or do you believe there is more value in trading down?

3. Who would trade up with us, which team will want to move up to draft which QB?

4. In trading down, would you prioritize picks in this draft, even if they are a round lower than you could get for next year's draft?

Comment

• Eurobolt
                          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

That Arizona GN did us the worst thing saying Cards are open to trade 4th pick...

Comment

Working...
                          X