Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

if that's the scenario, would not be surprised to see Harrison as a Charger, and.... have also somehow suspected that Odunze would end up a Cardinal ??

would def stay clear of the both of Nabers (least attractive mindset of 3WRs) & Alt (gets pushed back into the pocket), and.... don't think Tom passes on Penix ??

also would volunteer that the likes of Xavier Worthy nor Payton Wilson have any business in the first round conversation, and....

we're gettin' closer to things.... Sinnott @39, Kool Aid @42, Zinter @50.... Edgerrin Cooper @54, and for myself.... still don't like leaving Sweat behind in round two.

Kamari Lassiter/65, Jaylen Wright/66, Trey Benson/68, Tyler Nubin/70, Jeremiah Trotter/72, Suamataia/74, Bralen Trice/76, Junior Colson/79, Cole Bishop/81, Kris Jenkins/86, Zach Frazier/87, Cedric Gray/88, Tanor Bortolini/91, Braelon Allen/92, Luke McCaffrey/94.... how do you not trade down for picks after going thru the aforementioned ?? !!

Brendan Rice/129, Audric Estime/135.... round four (he had us taking Shipley)
    Yeah I saw that he had us pass on Estime for Shipley. I would rather have Estime......(a GOLD DOMER......GASP!!!!!!)

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Yeah I saw that he had us pass on Estime for Shipley. I would rather have Estime......(a GOLD DOMER......GASP!!!!!!)
      Careful there, I’m having flashbacks (not the good kind).

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

the Acme Packing Co..... (Packers site), has the both of Latham and Mims ahead of Fuaga (who they liken to Iupati and like him better @guard), and one of the hosts has Graham Barton ahead of him as well.

they say that Fautanu and Jordan Morgan are better suited for a zone running approach, and that a Zach Frazier or Cooper Beebe would be better off in a more vertical run game ??

one of 'em had Suamataia ahead of Fautanu (and JPJ)....

they also share the cautionary tale about most overrated receivers.... they mention Harrison's catch percentage (57 percent).... they still call him solid/elite, and.... they have overall metrics that put Nabers well ahead of Marvin.

they also share that there is actually a negative correlation between RAS score and NFL productivity outside of round one....

they also mention a guy named Scott Barrett who has a YPRR (yards per route run) metric, and that very few (DK Metcalf/Terry McLaurin) that come in under 2.0 are non busts in the League ??

they don't like Coleman.... poor route runner who leans too much on physicality, and call his 1.74 YPRR as indicative that he has troubles getting open.... they did acknowledge his football speed tho per Next Gen Stats (basic drills @Combine).... they like his youth/age, but call him a reach in the second.

Malachi Corley is another, as they're not having any of the Deebo compares, and point out that he caught more (career) passes (51.4 percent) coming off screens than anyone in the group of day 1/2 wideouts. they call his production avg, and are @odds w/his reputed YAC skills, as they cite most of his work coming via bubble/smoke screens, and that yes he's good in space, but that he will no longer be playing a Western Kentucky schedule, nor against many if any 160 lbs CBs.... plus he has no other part of his route tree to tout.... they go so far as to call him a gimmick player in a fake offense, and call his highlights a lie ??

they call Xavier Worthy merely avg, saying he's fast but not explosive, and don't like that he finished 139th in YPC.... he is in the bottom 1 percent weight wise of receivers, and needs to drastically improve as a route runner, by their take.... they also cite the 40 as the most overrated metric for wideouts, and that rather it's the vert, bench, shuttle and their age that should be most heavily weighted for a WR eval.... they also wonder if he would get killed in the slot ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Beebe is my guy at 37 assuming Barton is gone.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

TT probably has his eye on Estime...if the Raiduhs don't pick or sign another QB...

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Been hearing more about him lately. How high do you think he’ll go in the draft? Could we nab him with one of our 4ths? Or is that too high?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                When the Chargers meet with a prospect, it often means they want it to be out there that they are meeting with that prospect It can be called "doing their diligence." It does not necessarily mean that is who we are drafting, or which position we are drafting.

Subterfuge.

Also the guy we want can be taken a few picks before us. New Orleans was famously going to take Mahomes @ #11.
                Agree...Corum was on Eisen show yesterday and said he is meeting with us. He is ok but hope we draft 1 of teh other s i like better and Corum gets it. Eisen asked him what else do they need to know? They know everything about you.....and Corum said ...just to meet the other staff, see the facility and go over what their plan is, etc...then he went on to say whatever team drafts me im excited to get going.

So he knows it dont mean thats where he is going...but would be excited to play again for JH.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Been hearing more about him lately. How high do you think he’ll go in the draft? Could we nab him with one of our 4ths? Or is that too high?

Depending how they feel about Bozeman, I would draft that guy in the fourth, yeah.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

As for Chad Reuter...i usually look at his mocks, though i havent seen that one yet....but he is never close to his projections. Its just entertainment for me. No grains of salt are harmed when looking at his mocks.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If anyone wants to watch the Penn State O vs. the Ohio State D.
                      I watched half of it and really liked what I saw.
                      6'3" - 320 pounds, real quick feet. Matched up with Michael Hall and out quicked him at times.
                      Got back and picked up a blitzer of the edge - it was his assignment.

Don't waste a 2nd rounder to get Frazier.
                      Harbaugh knows these big 10 centers.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Watched Texas defense vs Alabama offense to look at Texas's two DT.

I came away striking T. Sweat off of any 2nd round considerations: too much of a 3rd round plugger - sorry Beachcomber.
                        And although Murphy looked good, he played about half the snaps.

I'm wondering if he has conditioning issues.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          As for Chad Reuter...i usually look at his mocks, though i havent seen that one yet....but he is never close to his projections. Its just entertainment for me. No grains of salt are harmed when looking at his mocks.
                          That's what I was about to say, but deleted my response.

Comment

Working...
                          X