• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Last week it was stated Joe Hortiz thinks Malik Nabers may be the greatest wide receiver prospect he's ever seen. This week it is we'll pick offensive line early, but it won't be Alt.

Do we really like Nabers that much and don't like Alt? Or are we trying to get a team to trade up for Nabers and talking down Alt in hopes we can get him after trading back?

I love this time of year. Lol.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      Pro day notes … By all accounts, Michigan QB JJ McCarthy had a very solid pro day day earlier today in Ann Arbor. For those that haven’t seen it here is video of some of his throws. For the record, McCarthy reportedly threw for about 25 minutes with only a couple of passes hitting the ground. Interesting in the video, not all of his short and medium passes that were caught were on the numbers in stride, whereas the several deep passes were, although we note that the throws on the video were only a small sample of his total passes. Its also important to note that nobody gets drafted because of their pro day workout; its mostly about a final check and it may very well be that the most important element is how the player relates to the team’s in attendance rather than how they perform on the field. That said, base on what we have seen and heard, McCarthy certainly didn’t appear to do anything to hurt his grade.

While the Michigan pro day which reported attracted anywhere from 150-200 NFL personnel people, the Missouri pro day was able to attract a pretty decent crowd which included reps from all 32 teams including at least one GM (Brian Gutehurst of Green Bay) as well as what appeared to be a small army of positional scouts including two from the NY Giants (LB and DB) along with their Assistant director of player personnel Dennis Hickey. And while most of the Tigers’ top prospects – and they have a bunch including DT Darius Robinson, CBs Ennis Rakestraw and Kris Abrams-Draine, RB Cody Schrader, and OT Javon Foster – stood on their combine numbers, LB Ty’ron Hopper, who did not work out in Indinapolis posted some decent numbers including a 4.65 40 clocking and a 36-inch vertical. One other note from the Tigers’ workout was the fact that more than one team reportedly asked 6-2, 227-pound safety Jaylon Carlies to do some LB drills.
      Carlies is the late round SS/LB I am looking at to be Derwin’s backup, ST guy and used in sub packages. I believe he ran in the low 4.5s at the combine. I think he is being overlooked and could be a great depth piece in this team.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

When the Chargers meet with a prospect, it often means they want it to be out there that they are meeting with that prospect It can be called "doing their diligence." It does not necessarily mean that is who we are drafting, or which position we are drafting.

Subterfuge.

Also the guy we want can be taken a few picks before us. New Orleans was famously going to take Mahomes @ #11.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AFboltfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2018
          • Balboa Park bench
          • Medical Simulation
          • Send PM

I think by this point the early first round is already decided. We just have to wait and see, just like Christmas when you're 10. I wouldn't trust anyone in the media or on Twitter.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

I saw this morning that Chad Reuter posted a 4 round mock yesterday which was interesting to read.

5 - With the Vikes trading to 4, we get Harrison Jr.
            37 - Braden Fiske DT Florida
            69 - DJ James CB Auburn
            105 - Will Shipley RB Clemson
            110 - Sato Laumea OT Utah.

Not so sure I like this package Chad. I think that you passed on some better players especially in rounds 3 & 4. It's on NFL.com if you want to check it out.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
              I saw this morning that Chad Reuter posted a 4 round mock yesterday which was interesting to read.

69 - DJ James CB Auburn

Not so sure I like this package Chad. I think that you passed on some better players especially in rounds 3 & 4. It's on NFL.com if you want to check it out.
              Agree. First two, okay (but c’mon, we will be trading down), but not so keen on the rest.

If we do end up on the butt end of 4 QBs, do we take MHj then trade our 2nd for more picks?

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Agree. First two, okay (but c’mon, we will be trading down), but not so keen on the rest.

If we do end up on the butt end of 4 QBs, do we take MHj then trade our 2nd for more picks?
                Nope...Take best RB in class, Take McConkey, or take second best TE, or Take another Oline prospect we like.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Nope...Take best RB in class, Take McConkey, or take second best TE, or Take another Oline prospect we like.
                  Would not be upset with this.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Carlies is the late round SS/LB I am looking at to be Derwin’s backup, ST guy and used in sub packages. I believe he ran in the low 4.5s at the combine. I think he is being overlooked and could be a great depth piece in this team.
                    what do you think of FA Ryan Neal.... he runs a 4.48 or so,
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

what do you think of FA Ryan Neal.... he runs a 4.48 or so,
                      Maybe, likely after the draft if at all.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Last week it was stated Joe Hortiz thinks Malik Nabers may be the greatest wide receiver prospect he's ever seen. This week it is we'll pick offensive line early, but it won't be Alt.

Do we really like Nabers that much and don't like Alt? Or are we trying to get a team to trade up for Nabers and talking down Alt in hopes we can get him after trading back?

I love this time of year. Lol.
                        Early could be 2nd or 3rd round.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

69 - DJ James CB Auburn

if that's the scenario, would not be surprised to see Harrison as a Charger, and.... have also somehow suspected that Odunze would end up a Cardinal ??

would def stay clear of the both of Nabers (least attractive mindset of 3WRs) & Alt (gets pushed back into the pocket), and.... don't think Tom passes on Penix ??

also would volunteer that the likes of Xavier Worthy nor Payton Wilson have any business in the first round conversation, and....

we're gettin' closer to things.... Sinnott @39, Kool Aid @42, Zinter @50.... Edgerrin Cooper @54, and for myself.... still don't like leaving Sweat behind in round two.

Kamari Lassiter/65, Jaylen Wright/66, Trey Benson/68, Tyler Nubin/70, Jeremiah Trotter/72, Suamataia/74, Bralen Trice/76, Junior Colson/79, Cole Bishop/81, Kris Jenkins/86, Zach Frazier/87, Cedric Gray/88, Tanor Bortolini/91, Braelon Allen/92, Luke McCaffrey/94.... how do you not trade down for picks after going thru the aforementioned ?? !!

Brendan Rice/129, Audric Estime/135.... round four (he had us taking Shipley)
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X