• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Chicago also has the #9 pick in the draft.
    If they are indeed desperate to get A QB, they can get one there.
    IMO, Caleb Williams took a step backwards this year... not what you want to see with the #1 QB prospect.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Who is in the "Chargers' building"...? Johnny Boy...? Jojo...? Will Jojo even have a job once the new GM is hired...?

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Chicago has not yet decided whether to exercise Fields' fifth-year option, which is an estimated $22 million, according to Over the Cap. The deadline to do so is May 2.

"We've got time before we've got to do that," Poles said. "So there's a lot of phases there. And again, we'll make the best decision."
        wow, there’s confidence in your QB. Look for them to take QB #1.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Right,....if you know, you know. Unless they want teams to call about him with big offers first.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

This is what i wish QJ would be. Same build. Lots of similarities. Lots of body catches in this video. But the kid can catch. Not too worried about that. Be a nice 2nd round prospect.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
              This is what i wish QJ would be. Same build. Lots of similarities. Lots of body catches in this video. But the kid can catch. Not too worried about that. Be a nice 2nd round prospect.

With 4.35 speed, Franklin is a true burner...but...at 6-3, 187#, he's a bit light and I wonder how well he'll hold up to the tough tackles...QJ is 6-4, 214#...

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

The same article said the GM likes the way Fields has improved his game... eyes are down field.
                Right now (after DJ Moore) they have 5th round WR Darnel Mooney (31 catches) and 4th round WR Tyler Scott (17 catches) as their starters.
                I'd draft MH Jr. if I was them.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

I think they go QB1 at 1 too. Nobody that thinks they need a QB skips it at #1 in the hope they’ll get him at 9. They will hope to get Nabers or Odunze at 9 if they want a WR to go with the QB.

they can surprise me, I guess, but I think they are done with the Justin Fields experiment and I would be too if I were them.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

With 4.35 speed, Franklin is a true burner...but...at 6-3, 187#, he's a bit light and I wonder how well he'll hold up to the tough tackles...QJ is 6-4, 214#...
                    Are we really worried about smaller faster wrs anymore? The game has evolved, the WR is protected more than ever and big hits have been removed from the game. In this day and age 6-3 187 with 4.35 speed seems really good.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think they go QB1 at 1 too. Nobody that thinks they need a QB skips it at #1 in the hope they’ll get him at 9. They will hope to get Nabers or Odunze at 9 if they want a WR to go with the QB.

they can surprise me, I guess, but I think they are done with the Justin Fields experiment and I would be too if I were them.
                      After weeks spent wondering what it would take to pry the No. 1 pick from Chicago's grasp, Carolina delivered the answer Friday.

The Bears are trading the No. 1 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft to the Panthers in exchange for a compensation package that includes two first-round picks and receiver D.J. Moore, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday.

The full package of assets sent to Chicago reads like a shopping list: the ninth-overall pick this year, a second-round selection in 2023 (No. 61 overall originally from the 49ers), a first-round pick in 2024, a second-round pick in 2025, and Moore, a receiver who just completed the first year of a three-year, $61.88 million contract with the Panthers.

All of this was to acquire a coveted draft selection to be used on a franchise quarterback of the future in Carolina.
                      With a trade haul like that (last year)... damn right the GM is going to listen to trade offers.
                      Fields hasn't had any targets to throw to (until last year's trade).
                      Give the guy more weapons and see what he can do. With the #9 pick, get yourself your next biggest need... pass rusher.
                      The Bears traded away 2024's second round pick for Montez Sweat. The Bears understand how to trade. of course they will consider a trade... they've done so well there. With a #1 WR opposite DJ Moore... and another good pass rusher (pick #9) they are in business.

They're not giving up on the #11 pick (Fields) after 3 years. Oh, and he can run. 1,000+ yards in 2022.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                        Chicago also has the #9 pick in the draft.
                        If they are indeed desperate to get A QB, they can get one there.
                        IMO, Caleb Williams took a step backwards this year... not what you want to see with the #1 QB prospect.
                        There's a nice trading partner...the Bears @#9...let the bidding begin...cha-CHING!

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Chi: MHJ
                          Was: Joe Alt
                          NE: Drake Maye
                          Ari: Fashanu
                          Chargers: Trade with Atlanta. Swap 1st rounders (pick #8) and pick up their 3rd and 4th rounders.

Comment

Working...
                          X