• Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    DJ & Lance both have BB slotted @15.
    I wonder where he lays in their Big Board.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I am already paying him no matter what i do
      Yeah I know, I said that. But I want the roster filled with the best players I can get, I’m fine paying him and cutting him if that makes room for a better player (his position is backup swing tackle, can’t be that hard to find someone better, it’s a low floor and ceiling). I don’t think Pip sucks, just don’t think teams make the playoffs with his level of play (again, even as a backup).

TT/Staley made some effed up decisions, don’t want to be beholden to those guys if I don’t have to. We can do better at RT and swing.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

What if doesn't find a partner, then what?
        Byron Murphy/Taliese Fuaga, and btw....

am fairly chronic, and read a fair bit on things, and.... don't recall any scout calling Bowers the best TE they've ever seen ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

same place MHJ lies.... ahead of some others.... that likely get drafted before/ahead of him,
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

DJ has BB falling to 15 but says he is a top 5 player in this draft.
            Some players get drafted higher than they should be and others fall for one reason or another..... such as needs, system, coaching philosophy, or injury concerns.....

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Allen is good, but sorry after watcing our plodding offense. we need some YAC and Keenan doesnt provide that and wont be the deeper he gets into his 30s.

In fact I dont know how anyone can watch our offense and say Herbert doesnt need more explosve weapons. it would also be nice to see Herbert not so locked on to Keenan all the time. Another way to become harder to defend.
              sorry is right.... Bowers ain't gonna hold a candle to Keenan into his 30s, and the YAC argument is what got us QJ, and.... Everett isn't a YAC slouch himself.

and what Herbert needs is some protection....

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I have to wonder if some have seen any film or highlghts of Bowers. Guy is a beast. Any many draft experts and scout types do in fact say he is the best TE prospect they have seen, not to mention a weapon beyond the typical TE.
                pls list these many draft experts/scout types who in fact they have seen.... this year or ever ??

ps. we have our own resident draft expert who doesn't happen to share that opinion,

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

Byron Murphy/Taliese Fuaga, and btw....

am fairly chronic, and read a fair bit on things, and.... don't recall any scout calling Bowers the best TE they've ever seen ??
                  I've never mentioned anything about a scout calling Bowers the best TE they have ever seen. Maybe someone else?

So you would take these 2 guys ahead of Bowers @5? They arn't even the #1 at their positions.
                  1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                  2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

DJ has BB falling to 15 but says he is a top 5 player in this draft.
                    Some players get drafted higher than they should be and others fall for one reason or another..... such as needs, system, coaching philosophy, or injury concerns.....
                    I like the other guy from Georgia...McConkey...But it looks like the patriots may take him in the second round....so if we pass on WR in the first we should use our second rounder for one of the quality receivers left on the draft board.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

for those that mention Bowers production as all that.... Nabers/Odunze are(much) better, and....

just coz Brock is the best TE in this class doesn't move him up to 5 overall.... it don't mean didley,

and just coz Everett is a FA doesn't mean we have to draft TE @5... (are we gonna draft RB @37.... let alone 5 ?? !!)
                      ​
                      You are right, it don't. We can trade down and get him.
                      WR isn't a big need and a deep class. Doubt we go WR round 1.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Zierlein does not think Bowers is gonna Pro Bowl.... let alone become an All Pro,
                        A minority opinion

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

DJ & Lance both have BB slotted @15.
                          In DJ's top 50 ranked players Bowers is #8, not sure where you get 15

Comment

Working...
                          X