• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Where they've both fell short at creating a dynamic deep thread/passing attack. A modern necessity.
    Tua has Hill and Waddle
    Burrow has Chase, Higgins
    Jackson has Flowers
    Mahomes is the unicorn who has the elite TE but can make it work with whomever at WR and likely gets another big WR this draft.
    What I can't get out of my mind is Mahommes has the elite TE and together are the denominator for multiple SBs. Before Mahommes was Brady/Gronk who did it on 2 different teams/eras. The thought of Herbert/Bowers and what they could potentially do together. NFL history has been really good with elite TE/QB combinations.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Great QB's can work with a variety of WR's...... Great TE's are far rarer and help with both the running game and poassing game.....

last season, the last 4 teams in playoffs had the top 4 TE's in NFL...... Mahomes and reid beat the 2 best defenses in NFL rartther easily whenever they really needed to score... beating chiefs means outscoring them........period

The Chargers best 2 offenses had HOF TE's.....Winslow and Gates ...those players opened up the game for eveyone else...... they are marchup nightmares.....

Chiefs are still unstoppable because of Kelsey......and proved it by winning 2 SB's withoout Hill..... WR's can be covered or roughed up but great TE';s beat up a secondary.....
      Chiefs are not unstoppable on offense. They won the AFC Championship Game by a score of 17-10, in which they didn't put up any points in the second half, and didn't reach 30 points at all in the playoffs.

The Ravens went 6-1 in the games Mark Andrews didn't play leading into the AFC Championship. The one loss they had was when Lamar Jackson sat in the final week of the regular season. How did that happen?

Comment

• BigBad
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Another vote for Bowers

FOX Sports’ lead college football analyst Joel Klatt ranks his Top 5 Pass Catchers (Wide Receivers & Tight Ends) in the 2024 NFL Draft. Klatt reveals how he ...

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Mahomes didn't make it work this year like in past years, without an elite WR, either. the defense was awesome. The offense was pretty good. This team wasn't the same as the Chiefs of the past. I wouldn't model my offensive philosophy around what they did.
          Mostly agree, the point being, he had a Hill and that was an elite connection capable of winning a championship and currently has no such WR so that's different than the other elite QB/WR combos. So take him out of the equation for now, my argument is that Justin has never had an elite/explosive WR as we know and could have his on a cheap deal during the Jim era where a strong run game is all but guaranteed.
          Hortiz would have to talk Jim into it.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Great QB's can work with a variety of WR's...... Great TE's are far rarer and help with both the running game and poassing game.....

last season, the last 4 teams in playoffs had the top 4 TE's in NFL...... Mahomes and reid beat the 2 best defenses in NFL rartther easily whenever they really needed to score... beating chiefs means outscoring them........period

The Chargers best 2 offenses had HOF TE's.....Winslow and Gates ...those players opened up the game for eveyone else...... they are marchup nightmares.....

Chiefs are still unstoppable because of Kelsey......and proved it by winning 2 SB's withoout Hill..... WR's can be covered or roughed up but great TE';s beat up a secondary.....
            100%
            still.on team Bowers, I just would like Jim and Hortiz to consider using this special opportunity to address something they haven't been able to build historically.
            A Nabors can certainly have an important place in a uniquely different Roman/Harbaugh offense with Marcus Brady's infkuence.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Mostly agree, the point being, he had a Hill and that was an elite connection capable of winning a championship and currently has no such WR so that's different than the other elite QB/WR combos. So take him out of the equation for now, my argument is that Justin has never had an elite/explosive WR as we know and could have his on a cheap deal during the Jim era where a strong run game is all but guaranteed.
              Hortiz would have to talk Jim into it.
              The rare time Herbert had Eckler/MW/KA on the same field he beat the Chiefs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Oh right

One of these Nights

Good question - favorite song - too many genres for one
                Or did you mean Randy Meisner who sang Take It To The Limit? One Of These Nights was Don Henley with Meisner doing backup / other parts near the end.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Any Top 5 list that does not include In Memory of Elizabeth Reed cannot be taken seriously.

The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed (youtube.com)
                  Any band genius enough to incorporate 2 drummers has to be considered.
                  I almost put Santana's Soul Sacrifice in there...

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

you guys are forgetting the QB/TE combo of Stan/Pupunu, and.... our C was Courtney Hall.

we had a DE + MLB + IDL = SB
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Very Interesting draft scenario with DJ thinks both WRs are gone before #5 with Daniels still on the board...hmmmm.....draft rape in play?

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

There is so much chatter here in Atlanta about the Falcons trading up for a QB. Like I say, give them 5 and Bosa and get their 1, 2 & 3 or 1, 2 & 4. I know, I know.......cue Supertramp.........

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Or did you mean Randy Meisner who sang Take It To The Limit? One Of These Nights was Don Henley with Meisner doing backup / other parts near the end.
                          One of these Nights for sure --

I had a history teacher in high school, Mrs Tempchin - her son was Jack Tempchin, wrote Peaceful Easy Feeling and a few other Eagle hits

Comment

Working...
                          X