• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Jones is on the books for this year but after this year, he can be released for a $22m dead cap hit. So who knows, maybe Shoene/Daboll decide they want a QB. And if Daniels is there at 5 - maybe its the Giants that move up one spot and like you said, the Chargers can extract that nice second round pick

Just need a bidding war - -Giants and Falcons - Falcons and Giants - -so Joe Hortiz can do his best Kevin COstner!

Just joking about Costner but the Cardinals had video of Ossenfort working the cell phones, making the trades - looking at something, my guess, the point evaluation - it was good stuff to watch

Hope we see Hortiz with two cell phones doing the same
    I hope he will do better than Costner !

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Based on Joe Schoen's comments, Rich Eisen believes the Giants will stick with Daniel Jones this season. He doesn't think they're trading up. I'm ignoring Eisen's comments about Saquon Barkley to the Chargers, although I would love to see it.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

If we went with a TE or WR with our 1st pick, does anyone here think we could still pick a decent tackle with our second pick? Without having to do a trade?

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
          If we went with a TE or WR with our 1st pick, does anyone here think we could still pick a decent tackle with our second pick? Without having to do a trade?
          Sure.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
            We could. I'd take C.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Today Hortiz was asked about TE.

He said something along the lines of they are mostly free agents, but we will look for TEs with different skills than the ones we have.

That can mean an Inline blocking TE, or it can point towards BB @ #5.

Spin the roulette wheel to find out.

And another Hortiz bread crumb was that we do have people currently that can snap the ball, always a plus.

Daggumit, March 13 is marked on my calendar...c'mon Joe give us a clue.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Today Hortiz was asked about TE.

He said something along the lines of they are mostly free agents, but we will look for TEs with different skills than the ones we have.

That can mean an Inline blocking TE, or it can point towards BB @ #5.

Spin the roulette wheel to find out.

And another Hortiz bread crumb was that we do have people currently that can snap the ball, always a plus.

Daggumit, March 13 is marked on my calendar...c'mon Joe give us a clue.
                Or it could mean some that are better than mediocre and below average lol.

He also mentioned several FA OCs in another interview. All the guys we mentioned plus recently released Mason Cole.

Seems everyone wants to talk to him at the combine. Seen 4 interviews anyways.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Or it could mean some that are better than mediocre and below average lol.

He also mentioned several FA OCs in another interview. All the guys we mentioned plus recently released Mason Cole.

Seems everyone wants to talk to him at the combine. Seen 4 interviews anyways.
                  Joe's a BPA kind of a guy.
                  At least he said so today.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We could. I'd take C.
                    Good point.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Joe's a BPA kind of a guy.
                      At least he said so today.
                      I guess we'll see who they're BPA is

Comment

• JustMore
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2024
                        • Send PM

My draft preference is to build the offensive line of scrimmage like the Harbaugh and Hortiz philosophy states. Suppose there is a defensive lineman that can blow up an offensive line like Chris Jones did in the Super Bowl, then I have no problem with going defense. If there is an offensive lineman that can neutralize a Chris Jones, then let's get that guy.
                        ​​​​​Going for skill positions is tempting, but the first goal should be to allow Herbert to have more time to find receivers. It bothers me to see a quarterback have to remove turf from his helmet grill. Remember also Stan Humphries having to retire because of concussions, Drew Brees having his labrum torn and PR and other QB's getting beat up.
                        Archie Manning did not want his son Eli to get destroyed because of the incompetence of Chargers management. Playing QB for the Chargers has been like volunteering to charge up one of the beaches of Iwo Jima.
                        One last thing, since the Spanos family bought the team in 1984, their GM's have not drafted one single offensive lineman that was deemed worthy enough to be voted into the Chargers Ring of Honor...the NFL HOF being an even higher level of accomplishment.

​​

Comment

• AFboltfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2018
                          • Balboa Park bench
                          • Medical Simulation
                          • Send PM

I still think its Brock, but it could go anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X