• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    There is so much chatter here in Atlanta about the Falcons trading up for a QB. Like I say, give them 5 and Bosa and get their 1, 2 & 3 or 1, 2 & 4. I know, I know.......cue Supertramp.........
    I like the idea of the Falcons - going from 5 to 8

The tricky part with Bosa is he is due $7m bonus well before the draft. And the Falcons probably make the trade if the Chargers are on the clock and the player they want is there. But I like your idea of a 1, 2 and 4 to move from 8 to 5. I just don't think Bosa will work unless he waives his bonus -or when he gets his bonus rather. The timing

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Is Bosa’s $7m worth the 3rd? Asking for a friend..

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Is Bosa’s $7m worth the 3rd? Asking for a friend..
        I brought that up in the other thread. When Miller was traded to the Rams - the Broncos paid his salary, I think it was like $8-9 for half the season or whatever - but the Rams gave up a 2nd and 3rd. But that was it, the financial commitment to the Rams was the vet minimum for half a season. So for Bosa, he is owed the $7m bonus plus the $15m in salary - - so thats a good possibility - if the Chargers are willing to pay the $7m - would the Niners give up their 2nd so they are on the hook for whatever the $15m or whatever they agree too. And for the Chargers is it worth it to use $7m of cap space for a 2nd round pick...

I guess the same logic could be used in a Mack trade - since his bonus is 5.5m - would a team pay for the Chargers to pay that

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

The Cardinals have been the team most associated with Marvin Harrison, Jr., but they very well could take a left tackle in the first round. I imagine Alt or Fashanu will be a serious consideration if Harrison goes in the top three, especially if Arizona decides to trade down to the Falcons or Vikings. The Cardinals took Paris Johnson, Jr. sixth overall in 2023 and had him play right tackle last season. (That's another example of a team using a high pick on a right tackle, by the way, as well as the Bears selecting Darnell Wright tenth overall last year.) Johnson might move to left tackle next season if the Cardinals don't acquire one. Jonathan Gannon came from the Eagles, who used the fourth overall pick on Lane Johnson, another right tackle, in the 2013 NFL Draft. While Gannon was with the Eagles he saw how they built their teams primarily through the trenches. Maybe he has taken that to the Cardinals.

With veteran left tackle D.J. Humphries expected to be out a chunk of next season after his ACL tear, the Cardinals already knew there would be offensive line shuffling for 2024. That could come in the draft, and it could come with incumbents.

The Cardinals do have some potential high-profile tackles in play when they pick at No. 4 overall – Notre Dame's Joe Alt and Penn State's Olu Fashanu – and Kelvin Beachum, who can play right or left tackle and started on the left side in the finale, is also an option.

The Cardinals trading down would obviously affect our chances of moving out of the fifth overall pick.
          Notes: Tackle will prepare for both sides; Stills' knee not serious

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
            The Cardinals have been the team most associated with Marvin Harrison, Jr., but they very well could take a left tackle in the first round. I imagine Alt or Fashanu will be a serious consideration if Harrison goes in the top three, especially if Arizona decides to trade down to the Falcons or Vikings. The Cardinals took Paris Johnson, Jr. sixth overall in 2023 and had him play right tackle last season. (That's another example of a team using a high pick on a right tackle, by the way, as well as the Bears selecting Darnell Wright tenth overall last year.) Johnson might move to left tackle next season if the Cardinals don't acquire one. Jonathan Gannon came from the Eagles, who used the fourth overall pick on Lane Johnson, another right tackle, in the 2013 NFL Draft. While Gannon was with the Eagles he saw how they built their teams primarily through the trenches. Maybe he has taken that to the Cardinals.

With veteran left tackle D.J. Humphries expected to be out a chunk of next season after his ACL tear, the Cardinals already knew there would be offensive line shuffling for 2024. That could come in the draft, and it could come with incumbents.

The Cardinals do have some potential high-profile tackles in play when they pick at No. 4 overall – Notre Dame's Joe Alt and Penn State's Olu Fashanu – and Kelvin Beachum, who can play right or left tackle and started on the left side in the finale, is also an option.

The Cardinals trading down would obviously affect our chances of moving out of the fifth overall pick.
            If they see Murray as the QB of the future, I think they take a WR. But the point about Humphries is valid - -he is hurt. A big cap hit. Kind of like MW in that you can release and save money for a player not on the roster for a part of the season

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
              Very Interesting draft scenario with DJ thinks both WRs are gone before #5 with Daniels still on the board...hmmmm.....draft rape in play?

We be raping ATL

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                There is so much chatter here in Atlanta about the Falcons trading up for a QB. Like I say, give them 5 and Bosa and get their 1, 2 & 3 or 1, 2 & 4. I know, I know.......cue Supertramp.........
                I think the Chargers will trade back with the Giants. The Giants have the draft capital (2 2nd round picks) to move up which ensures no one jumps in front of them to get a QB.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I think the Chargers will trade back with the Giants. The Giants have the draft capital (2 2nd round picks) to move up which ensures no one jumps in front of them to get a QB.
                  Jones is on the books for this year but after this year, he can be released for a $22m dead cap hit. So who knows, maybe Shoene/Daboll decide they want a QB. And if Daniels is there at 5 - maybe its the Giants that move up one spot and like you said, the Chargers can extract that nice second round pick

Just need a bidding war - -Giants and Falcons - Falcons and Giants - -so Joe Hortiz can do his best Kevin COstner!

Just joking about Costner but the Cardinals had video of Ossenfort working the cell phones, making the trades - looking at something, my guess, the point evaluation - it was good stuff to watch

Hope we see Hortiz with two cell phones doing the same

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I really don't understand why the Giants would do that, assuming Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are both gone. I doubt they'll trade up with us for Daniels. If they want Daniels, which I doubt they do, they'll probably try to move up to New England's spot at three.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If they see Murray as the QB of the future, I think they take a WR. But the point about Humphries is valid - -he is hurt. A big cap hit. Kind of like MW in that you can release and save money for a player not on the roster for a part of the season
                      I wouldn't.

Issues about his work ethic, issues about his health, issues about his size, issues about his performance the last 2 years.

If the GM who drafted him was still there - maybe: he'd want to improve the personnel on offense around him;
                      but he's no longer there.

The only thing standing in their way is that he is in the 3rd year of an expensive 5 year deal.
                      He got his money and then his performance went south.

If they waive him before March 18, they save a guaranteed $18 million of money he would be guaranteed in 2025.

My guess is that they are keeping their options open right now: if they knew a top 3 qb would be available at #4, they'd quite possibly waive Murray today.

The problem then is that every team would know their intentions at #4.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I wouldn't.

Issues about his work ethic, issues about his health, issues about his size, issues about his performance the last 2 years.

If the GM who drafted him was still there - maybe: he'd want to improve the personnel on offense around him;
                        but he's no longer there.

The only thing standing in their way is that he is in the 3rd year of an expensive 5 year deal.
                        He got his money and then his performance went south.

If they waive him before March 18, they save a guaranteed $18 million of money he would be guaranteed in 2025.

My guess is that they are keeping their options open right now: if they knew a top 3 qb would be available at #4, they'd quite possibly waive Murray today.

The problem then is that every team would know their intentions at #4.
                        So its kind of like Russell Wilson in Denver - they have guaranteed money for 2024 - so no getting around that. But if you release - save the long term cash

You are right - teams would know their intentions but thats the price you pay - if you don't like your QB

Like people bring up Fields because they would have two of the first 9 picks to build around in Chicago

But if Fields isn't yoru guy at QB - you don't mess around if you like Caleb or Drake - get hte QB

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I really don't understand why the Giants would do that, assuming Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are both gone. I doubt they'll trade up with us for Daniels. If they want Daniels, which I doubt they do, they'll probably try to move up to New England's spot at three.
                          I doubt that will trade up for Daniels as well. I think they will trade up for McCarthy but we will see.
                          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                          3a- #66 Puni OT
                          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                          4a- #105 Rice WR
                          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                          5- #140 Green CB
                          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

Working...
                          X