• Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

With underclassmen still able to declare, I don't even intend to look for another week. BUT.....there's always a but.....there are a ton of QB hungry teams. Slotted 5 could mean that 2 if not 3 of the QB class are gone as either Chicago trades out OR they jump ship from Fields. If the Bears stick with Fields and they stay put, then we are in prime trade down territory for a New York Giants OR Jets, Falcons, Vikings or even Denver deal (Denver is a bit deep for my taste). Every year we see these QB's rise up seemingly by week into the top 5 - 7 picks. So with Williams, Maye and Daniels set to go 1, 2, 3 then QB horny teams will be desperate to jump up and grab a riser like Nix, Penix or McCarthy. With a new GM, this might just be the year we trade back into the 8 - 12 range and score some prime early picks in return. Of course all of this is based on the assumption that the Cards take MH Jr.

So much fun coming our way and it's still 100 plus days away.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

I want Nabors but understand the Bowers pick.
      How do you understand it when he doesn't fit your definition of a weapon who can score 50-yard touchdowns? You want to use the fifth overall pick on someone who doesn't fit your definition of a weapon who can scare a defense? If you don't think Antonio Gates in his prime years scared defenses, how is Bowers going to?

Comment

• BigBad
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

How do you understand it when he doesn't fit your definition of a weapon who can score 50-yard touchdowns? You want to use the fifth overall pick on someone who doesn't fit your definition of a weapon who can scare a defense? If you don't think Antonio Gates in his prime years scared defenses, how is Bowers going to?
        I understand other people think differently. I believe speed is needed on this team more than anything but TE is a position of need and he's supposedly a freak TE

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

LOL...I swear you guys don't know what ACTUAL weapons are!

TDs of 50 yards or more

Tyreek Hill - 21 NOT INCLUDING kick or punt returns in 124 games
          jamar Chase - 9 in 45 games
          Justin Jefferson - 3 in 60 games

chambers - 7 in 153 games
          V jackson - 4 in 155 games
          Floyd - 3 in 121 games
          Gates - 3 in 236 games
          Allen - ZERO in 139 games
          Williams - 4 in 88 games
          H. Henry - ZERO in 88 games
          Melvin Gordan rushing or Receiving - 3 in 112 games
          Ekeler - 3 in 103 games

Look at Chase and Jefferson compared to ALlen and WIlliams....What a complete joke. People around here act like Allen and WIlliams are Hall of Famers because they don't understand what REAL GAME CHANGERS look like.

What? Justin Jefferson 3 in 60 games. How is that hardly any better than Williams 4 in 88 games.

And as great as speedy WRs are. KC traded away Hill. Invested in trenches and won Superbowl. Where is Jefferson and Chase...not in post season.

You can have the shiny toys.
          My big ugly guys will move your team of stars out the way at will.

I bet you didnt know Rivers from 2016 to 2018 led the entire NFL in 50 plus yard TD completions with 11. So if that all there is to winning then where the trophy.

I swear you dont know what winning is. What a compete joke.
          You want REAL GAME CHANGERS.
          Willliams-OT
          Martin-OG

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

We all watch this predictable, slow offense plod down the field and not use Herbert's vast arsenal of talent. We need some weapons that bring some separation, speed, explosiveness and YAC. Surely no one who watches this team can argue that.
            but we have QJ ?? just kidding. you might as well attach dynamite to this thread - it is to be blowing up until draft day.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

I understand other people think differently. I believe speed is needed on this team more than anything but TE is a position of need and he's supposedly a freak TE
              And yet you can't understand that some would be happy with Alt, Fashanu, or a defensive player. You consider those wasted picks. Lol.

Comment

• BigBad
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

What? Justin Jefferson 3 in 60 games. How is that hardly any better than Williams 4 in 88 games.

And as great as speedy WRs are. KC traded away Hill. Invested in trenches and won Superbowl. Where is Jefferson and Chase...not in post season.

Jefferson has had 3 less seasons. He was impactful right away.

I never said speed alone wins. Obviously you have to pair them with a good QB to really take advantage. Burrow has been hurt and cousins is cousins.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You can have the shiny toys.
                  My big ugly guys will move your team of stars out the way at will.

I bet you didnt know Rivers from 2016 to 2018 led the entire NFL in 50 plus yard TD completions with 11. So if that all there is to winning then where the trophy.

I swear you dont know what winning is. What a compete joke.
                  You want REAL GAME CHANGERS.
                  Willliams-OT
                  Martin-OG

I wouldn't hate the pick if they are a legitimate top 5 player on the draft board. If not really top 3 because the Chargers can exclude QB. But the same goes for Bowers and Nabers too - that have to fit the spot

I am with BigBad that the Chargers need to give Herbert a playmaker - not just speed - but playmaker. That said, the line of scrimmages needs to be fixed. Maybe the OL is helped by coaching and for sure the DLine needs help as Bosa is probably gone, not sure who is left to pay DT - and with the new scheme, who the hell knows how Fox or Otito or Matlock will fit. Not to mention the LB -- so OL and Front 7

Fixing your OL is never bad strategy. Granted, its just not as fun as Brock Bowers

Comment

• BigBad
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

And yet you can't understand that some would be happy with Alt, Fashanu, or a defensive player. You consider those wasted picks. Lol.
                    Because our line while not great is above average and might benefit from new coaching. Our skill players are bottom of the barrel and new coaching can't add speed.

If we want a right tackle then trade back and take Latham from ALabama

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Because our line while not great is above average and might benefit from new coaching. Our skill players are bottom of the barrel and new coaching can't add speed.
                      Well many will disagree with you that Trey Pipkins and the replacements for Corey Linsley are above average. If someone thinks we can take a huge step at fixing our problems on the offensive line by picking Alt or Fashanu, I don't see what the issue is.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Jefferson has had 3 less seasons. He was impactful right away.

I never said speed alone wins. Obviously you have to pair them with a good QB to really take advantage. Burrow has been hurt and cousins is cousins.
                        JJ averages one every 20 games while MW averages one every 22 games. Pretty much the same IMHO.

Comment

• BigBad
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

JJ averages one every 20 games while MW averages one every 22 games. Pretty much the same IMHO.
                          Justin Jefferson already has 30 career touchdowns to Mike's 31 in 3 less seasons.

I wouldn't put Jefferson on the real level of Chase or Tyreek but he also has the worst of the 3 QBs.

Comment

Working...
                          X