• gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Should we be talking about
    Byron Murphy @ #5 ?
    What if the first 4 spots goes to QBs and MH2 is on the board first. Second would be if Drake Maye slips to #5 and we can trade out.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Byron Murphy @ #5 ?
      A trade down and then draft him yes. He is i guess in the fold but he sure seems to have risen a lot. Id put him top of the DT class but figured him as a late first /early 2nd guy that could be there &3 7. Who knows but hype seems to get many moved up and get upgraded so much then in reality it dont always happen in the actual draft.

I saw a guy who says he is a former scout (starts every post with "as a former NFL scout") who i posted a tweet by him the other day. He has Spencer Rattler as his #1 QB in this draft. The former NFL scouts name is Daniel Kelly for anyone who wants to look him up.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-29-2024, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

What if the first 4 spots goes to QBs and MH2 is on the board first. Second would be if Drake Maye slips to #5 and we can trade out.
        I think Murphy makes more sense at top of the second round based on draft rankings and mocks I have seen. Granted, I think after Center (or figuring out the Oline if Zion or McFadden aren't the answer) -- that IDL is the second biggest need on the roster. But top 10-15 might be a bit steep for Murphy

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Right now it isnt a need.

id say rank of need today til we make moves. Asterik means possible FA signing on top of draft pick.

OC*
          TE*
          RB*
          CB*
          LB
          OG
          OT
          DT

After moves such as MW released, Mack traded, Kendricks released, and FAs Ekeler, Kelly, Mike Davis, Murray, Everett, not brought back i would add WR in there but it isnt as big a need. Id slot it in there in the middle somehwhere and draft players as seen fit by who is on the board at those times.
          WR (or Bowers) IS a need. Even if we keep MW. MW and KA available for 20 games is extremely unlikely. Palmer is decent when avail. Q is a Question. The rest of WR / TE nothing special.
          We NEED more than one quality receiver in the majority of games to have post season aspirations. If winning is not a priority, no biggie.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

WR (or Bowers) IS a need. Even if we keep MW. MW and KA available for 20 games is extremely unlikely. Palmer is decent when avail. Q is a Question. The rest of WR / TE nothing special.
            We NEED more than one quality receiver in the majority of games to have post season aspirations. If not, no biggie.
            If we keep MW and Keenan, WR isnt a NEED. Palmer is very capable. It would be to replace going forward and no way they are drafting Nabahs or Odunze in that scenario. But sure they can draft a WR later which ive said all along.

Im thinking we will carry 5 WRs on the roster though. Might carry more TEs (4 at least..which is norm)or a FB which will take up spot.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

More from Mr Former NFL scout. Wonder if they ask these type of questions? They should

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

If we keep MW and Keenan, WR isnt a NEED. Palmer is very capable. It would be to replace going forward and no way they are drafting Nabahs or Odunze in that scenario. But sure they can draft a WR later which ive said all along.

Im thinking we will carry 5 WRs on the roster though. Might carry more TEs (4 at least..which is norm)or a FB which will take up spot.
                And if they are focused on Odunze or Nabers - MW will be released unless his contract is modified significantly. Even at that - I would want Nabers or Odunze to be on the field unless they are totally lost during training camp. They have such a different skillset that I would want that skillset on the field.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think the cover by Heart of your first song on the list - the live version at the Kennedy Center honors is arguably the best cover of all time and I think that version is better than the original. I like the Eagles in your top 5 as their Greatest hits - great album. Probably would pick One of These Nights or, dang, slipping my mind, its sung by Timothy B Schmidt

Ann was phenomenal in that cover of STH, but the only reason anyone cared about her singing it is because it is the song that it is. Longtime SD kids that grew up here thru the 70s, into 80s will remember every labor day weekend KGB had a Top 100 songs of all time countdown. Every year, without fail, #1 was always and forever STH. Its not my favorite Zep song, but its their top song.

One of These Nights isnt' top 5 Eagles, much less Top 5 overall. its a very good pop song but wasn't really completely their signature sound. Hotel C is hands down their signature opus and #1, zero question. Next up group1 would be Take It Easy, Desperado, Lyin Eyes, Already Gone, and Take It To The Limits. Nights is group 2 with Peaceful Easy Feeling, Witchy Woman, Best of My Love. jmho, everyone feels music differently. no right or wrong, ...

... except I'm right
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Byron Murphy @ #5 ?
                    Verse
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Ann was phenomenal in that cover of STH, but the only reason anyone cared about her singing it is because it is the song that it is. Longtime SD kids that grew up here thru the 70s, into 80s will remember every labor day weekend KGB had a Top 100 songs of all time countdown. Every year, without fail, #1 was always and forever STH. Its not my favorite Zep song, but its their top song.

One of These Nights isnt' top 5 Eagles, much less Top 5 overall. its a very good pop song but wasn't really completely their signature sound. Hotel C is hands down their signature opus and #1, zero question. Next up group1 would be Take It Easy, Desperado, Lyin Eyes, Already Gone, and Take It To The Limits. Nights is group 2 with Peaceful Easy Feeling, Witchy Woman, Best of My Love. jmho, everyone feels music differently. no right or wrong, ...

... except I'm right
                      Exactly right about the list. For sure KGB 101.5 - Pat Martin used to do middays. He always called Billy Squier - Billy Dog -- anytime I hear Everybody wants too by Squier I think of Pat Martin from 101.5 KGB.

As for the Eagles - I know Hotel California was always top 5 on that list - but that is one song I just cannot stand by the group. Thats the beauty of music, to each their own

KGB and 91X - the musical stations of my youth. 91X had Katy Manor and Brian Jones in the morning; Steve West middays (I think he passed a couple years ago) and Oz Medina at the foot of the bridge eating Rubios in Mission Beach

Unless you want to count B100 with that Morning Zoo show " Bobby Rich, Scott somebody, and two other jokers"

Cookie Chainsaw Randolph was also on KGB. He was giving the sports scores one day - and the Rams played the Packers - and needless to say, Cookie had a very politically incorrect way of saying how the Rams beat the Packers that Sunday - memories.

Oh yes, I remember Jeff Jer and little Tommy Sablan too - what was that 94.9 maybe.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

... except I'm right
                        Me either. LZ wasnt a top favorite band of mine period but i like them. Stairway is OK,, but it isnt my fav of theirs either.

Hotel CA for me is played out. Good song but like Aerosmiths Sweet Emotion, i usually turn the station when it comes on as im just burned out on it. But id agree its the Eagles sig song. Id say for me my fav of theirs... is many but id pick Already Gone.
                        In fact, i made a ring tone of the opening riff and that is what i use lol. I switch back and forth between that and another i made from from the opening to Why Cant We Be Friends.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Me either. LZ wasnt a top favorite band of mine period but i like them. Stairway is OK,, but it isnt my fav of theirs either.

Hotel CA for me is played out. Good song but like Aerosmiths Sweet Emotion, i usually turn the station when it comes on as im just burned out on it. But id agree its the Eagles sig song. Id say for me my fav of theirs... is many but id pick Already Gone.
                          In fact, i made a ring tone of the opening riff and that is what i use lol. I switch back and forth between that and another i made from from the opening to Why Cant We Be Friends.
                          Sweet Emotion love that one - but I get it.
                          Walk This Way, Dream On and any of the new stuff like Janie Got a Gun, Cryin, Love in an Elevator - ehh

Comment

Working...
                          X