• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I have the feeling that, WHOEVER is it the Chargers select at #5, our reaction will be, "Duh! Of COURSE! We shouldn't have expected anything different!"

Fuaga? Duh! Establishing a dominant run game is the very first objective of Harbaugh's offensive philosophy!

Bowers? Duh! He's the ultimate swiss knife in Harbaugh's scheme!

MHJ? Duh! We just lost both Keenan and Mike, and Harrison is a generational (no pun intended) prospect!

And so on... Whomever is selected will meet an obvious and important need.
    Pretty much! Really can't got be disappointed with whomever they pick unless they go off the reservation....lol
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They are the Cardinals. They still have Murray,....who id trade this year and get another QB who can see the middle of the field. Then get WRs with the extra of picks to,add to the many multiple picks from trading the midgit. They have a depleted WR room, bad OL and have been picking kinda high every year. Who knows what they do. I agree they should take MHJ, but it wouldnt surprise me if they dont.
      Their defense is just as bad. Very depleted.
      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
      3a- #66 Puni OT
      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
      4a- #105 Rice WR
      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
      5- #140 Green CB
      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Chris Simms does a WR rank on YouTube and thinks Nabors is better than MHJ. More explosive and just better at everything.

His second pick is Brian Thomas Jr.

MHJ has just been more hyped by the media according to Simms and he has him ranked 3rd.

Watch the video and his explanations. They are in depth.
        I'm not saying you're right... but you're not wrong. The Chargers' evaluators need to believe what they see when they watch the tape, and stick with that.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Like Justin Jefferson, whose rookie contract ends this season.

The Vikings' receiver is slated to receive a contract extension that will make him the highest-paid wideout in NFL history, according to ESPN. Jefferson's deal is expected to pay him more than $30 million annually, per the report.

No worries, Sam Darnold will feed him the rock this year.
          I'm pretty sure that if JJ is involved in a trade the team will have an agreement with JJ prior to the trade. I doubt a team would take on that contract for one year. Who knows, maybe Hortiz would trade for him and let him walk next year for a comp pick....lol.
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I'm pretty sure that if JJ is involved in a trade the team will have an agreement with JJ prior to the trade. I doubt a team would take on that contract for one year. Who knows, maybe Hortiz would trade for him and let him walk next year for a comp pick....lol.
            Personally, I don't see Hortiz taking on any more BIG contracts for awhile. The idea of shedding Mike W./Keenan sized contracts was that it would free up cap space to fill MANY holes, not free the team up to take on a different mega-contract, like they'd have to with Jefferson.

Comment

• el_jefe999
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

I'm super pleased with the FA signings so far. All the areas of need are still areas of need but they are not glaring holes which is a huge different from the previous regime. The biggest hole at this point is WR but I am still good with a trade down to 10-12 if there are takers and taking BPA at CB/OL/WR/EDGE.

If we can pick up Tyler Boyd on a team friendly deal that would go a long way to addressing the short terms needs if not well definitely need to pick a receiving threat in the first two rounds. I just hope it's the top of the second or bottom of the first in a pick acquired by trade.

I'm also not against standing pat at 5 and taking MH/Nabors if it comes to that btw just hoping to shoot for the moon and load up at a bunch of positions.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I'm done with the top level FA's - they're not a good risk. 30m / year for a non QB? It's frankly poor cap management to have that much tied up in a player exposed to injury as much as a WR is . . . . . . . . . a Khalil Mack type deal (20m/ year) would be my threshold . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Chris Simms does a WR rank on YouTube and thinks Nabors is better than MHJ. More explosive and just better at everything.

His second pick is Brian Thomas Jr.

MHJ has just been more hyped by the media according to Simms and he has him ranked 3rd.

Watch the video and his explanations. They are in depth.
                  Chris Simms is an idiot... so I'm not surprised.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Chris Simms is an idiot... so I'm not surprised.
                    This just in off the High Speed Sports Wire! My sources are denying reports that Chris Simms is an imbecile, but confirming that Simms is, in fact, an idiot! La Mesa! Eyyyyyyyye wanna hear from EWE!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Are we sleeping on Troy Fautanu ?

He got a mention from Jeremiah for LAC a while back.

Another combo that might work with my model is Fautanu-Haynes.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Are we sleeping on Troy Fautanu ?

He got a mention from Jeremiah for LAC a while back.

Another combo that might work with my model is Fautanu-Haynes.

does he fit a Roman/Harbaugh scheme.... ??
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Personally, I don't see Hortiz taking on any more BIG contracts for awhile. The idea of shedding Mike W./Keenan sized contracts was that it would free up cap space to fill MANY holes, not free the team up to take on a different mega-contract, like they'd have to with Jefferson.
                          Wasn't saying specifically that the Chargers would get him just saying that a team would likely have a deal in place to extend him before the trade.

The Hortiz commit was me being sarcastic because of his love for comp pics.
                          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                          3a- #66 Puni OT
                          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                          4a- #105 Rice WR
                          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                          5- #140 Green CB
                          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

Working...
                          X