• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

There are several routes they can take with that one. I'm not in favor of trading Bosa, but if that's what Harbaugh and Hortiz choose to do, I won't cry about it.

I love all three pass-rushers in the first round, and there are a few others beyond the first we could look into. Personally, after watching what the New York Giants did to Tom Brady in two Super Bowls, I will never have a problem with taking a pass-rusher early. The Giants drafted Mathias Kiwanuka in the first round when they already had Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, and Justin Tuck. They drafted Jason Pierre-Paul in the first round when they already had Umenyiora, Tuck, and Kiwanuka. So I will have no problem with Hortiz taking a pass-rusher in the first round even if we keep Bosa and Mack.
    your handle is Derwinbosa, just wondering if you had a plan if they trade him?
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. I like them both a lot and think either would be a fine addition. But if a chimpanzee twisted my arm and threatened to rip it off, I would go with Verse.

I've seen more of Dallas Turner, but in the handful of games I watched Verse I was a little more impressed. Turner disappeared in some games I watched, while Verse was making an impact in every game I saw him. The "relentless motor" many describe he plays with is true. He plays with a great deal of intensity. He was a nightmare to block.

I'm really hoping everything checks out well medically with Laiatu Latu at the combine. I like him just slightly more than Verse and Turner.

But, like I said, I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.
      I'd go with verse as well, over both turner and laiatu...he's a more complete player IMO in regards to how he plays the run, plus the motor that you talk about verse is monster...I would not be upset if we traded down and still got someone of his caliber in the 9-11 range, then take the best corner left at #37...I'm almost hoping and praying that Hortiz signs one of these centers that was recently cut so we can focus on fixing the damn defense, my dream scenario would be to keep Mack and draft Verse to replace Bosa on the roster, then upgrade rumph in the later rounds or with one of the PS guys like farmer or perhaps bring back van-noy on a cheap one year deal...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Is this one person's opinion, or the general opinion of the scouting community (to whom he no longer belongs)?

And what I really want to know is which Georgia Bulldog coming out next year will he tell us is a lock in Canton?
        Won't argue that,...however, at least he was a scout for years and worked with Parcells and BB. Don't know why he isn't any longer but does that mean he forgot how?

It's certainly more believable by him just saying he sees a really great prospect than people getting excited by some Podcast guy and what they think.... and posting Boltbeat articles by some kid lol.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Were barely short of 60 days into the new calendar year. As a forum community, we're had that (roughly) two months to assess the likely options for Joe Hortiz to help the team out from the #5 spot in the draft.

I'd just like to pause for a moment to say, I really have a great appreciation for how the posters in the TPB community have sifted through what sitting at #5 on draft day means for the Bolts this year.

I mean... I have my own opinions, but definitely feel better informed for having had the exchanges of thoughts and ideas here within this forum. Distilled down... Thanks, everybody. It's a good thing this forum has going, the vast majority of the time. Occasional douchebag poster, but... that's life.

As combine numbers and pro day workouts happens, the Big Board will, no doubt, look a bit different when draft day arrives than it does right now. There will be risers, and fallers. But at this particular juncture-- roughly 60 days before the draft-- it seems abundantly clear to me that trading down from #5 most likely, because it's almost certain to be the surest path reinforcing the team's talent most effectively.

We'll see. A lot can happen in 60 days, although sometimes NOTHING happens in 60 days.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Won't argue that,...however, at least he was a scout for years and worked with Parcells and BB. Don't know why he isn't any longer but does that mean he forgot how?

It's certainly more believable by him just saying he sees a really great prospect than people getting excited by some Podcast guy and what they think.... and posting Boltbeat articles by some kid lol.

What is especially curious to me is that he hasn't identified sure-fire HOFers in the last 30 years... but now has identified 2 in his last 2 years. Maybe he's trying to keep up with Podcast Guy or Boltbeat Article Kid.

Top-10 lists are great for mix-tapes or restaurants. But even those are open for scrutiny.
            I like Top-50 lists for football players, too. But it's really just a place to start watching game films.

Top-5 Rock Songs of All-Time:
            1. Stairway to Heaven
            2. Gimme Shelter
            3. Bohemian Rhapsody
            4. Hotel California
            5. Voodoo Child

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
              Were barely short of 60 days into the new calendar year. As a forum community, we're had that (roughly) two months to assess the likely options for Joe Hortiz to help the team out from the #5 spot in the draft.

I'd just like to pause for a moment to say, I really have a great appreciation for how the posters in the TPB community have sifted through what sitting at #5 on draft day means for the Bolts this year.

I mean... I have my own opinions, but definitely feel better informed for having had the exchanges of thoughts and ideas here within this forum. Distilled down... Thanks, everybody. It's a good thing this forum has going, the vast majority of the time. Occasional douchebag poster, but... that's life.

As combine numbers and pro day workouts happens, the Big Board will, no doubt, look a bit different when draft day arrives than it does right now. There will be risers, and fallers. But at this particular juncture-- roughly 60 days before the draft-- it seems abundantly clear to me that trading down from #5 most likely, because it's almost certain to be the surest path reinforcing the team's talent most effectively.

We'll see. A lot can happen in 60 days, although sometimes NOTHING happens in 60 days.

Combine this week
              3/13 cap compliance/ FA
              4/1 OTAs
              4/25 draft
              --will generate news and moves. There will be FA and cap moves in less than 3 wks. Meanwhile we can talk about who ran what.

Comment

• Icebolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2023
                • Send PM

I agree, this forum does give a lot of different insights. HOWEVER, a top QB WILL NOT be there at #5. If one of these top 4 do not draft a QB they will trade the pick to a team that does. It also looks like Ariz is in on MHJ, but there is a small chance that he slips to #5. Let's be realistic and not wishful thinking. Wishfull thinking has us in the SB next year. But does not mean it's likely?
                Now you can talk about a desperate team wanting JJ Mc real bad or some other team that is supper high on Alt. Then you can talk trade.
                Most teams that want a WR will wait and see who is left of Odunze or Nabers and not trade up to 5.
                The dream is trade down and still get a stud
                Last edited by Icebolt; 02-26-2024, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• BigBad
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                  Top-5 Rock Songs of All-Time:
                  1. Stairway to Heaven
                  2. Gimme Shelter
                  3. Bohemian Rhapsody
                  4. Hotel California
                  5. Voodoo Child
                  More Than a Feeling is top 5.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Jeremiah has his newest top 50 out. Bowers is up to #7, Maye 5, Daniels 6, Alt 9. JPJ 29. He has another im liking more and more as a fit for us at 21....dern it. Thinking that high but we'll see.
                    Not the tell all of everything but its a good guide. He is off sometimes.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

More Than a Feeling is top 5.
                      Any Top 5 list that does not include In Memory of Elizabeth Reed cannot be taken seriously.

The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed (youtube.com)

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Getting a second rounder for free is a good trade. You run the risk of walking away with nothing! This is not like moving up to the #1 spot.
                        Moving up to #1 has been costing up to 3 #1s plus other picks in return lately. Nobody is moving up to #1 by kicking in an extra 2nd rounder, not even if they are sitting at #2.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Any Top 5 list that does not include In Memory of Elizabeth Reed cannot be taken seriously.

The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed (youtube.com)
                          don't be ridiculous Ghost. That isn't even ABB's best song.

Voodoo child didn't belong. Again, sentimentality overcomes our dear friends - that isn't Jimmi's best song and there is no Jimmi song that belongs in the Top 5 of all time.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X