• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I would be absolutely surprised if the Vikings hadn't talked to team about trading up before they made the trade to add another 1st rnd pick. This leads me to believe they have a handshake deal with either the Chargers or Cards if their player is there. I just can't see the Pats or Coms trading out of #2 or #3 when they need a QB just has bad as the Vikings.
    Chargers would be dumb to have made that "handshake deal". Same with Cards. QB hysteria will only increase as draft day gets closer and on draft day.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I keep reading more and more negs on Nabers. Add in the majority of his damage was from the slot against team’s #3 CB … idunno anymore. I wish I was smart.

I’m leaning to Odunze if I was handcuffed and ordered to take WR and MHJ is off the board. Or go back to my first love - Bowers. Imagine Bowers or Odunze with the new hip drop tackle rule …
      You guys are reading too much in how Nabers attacks defenses. He's an elite Slot WR like a CeeDee Lamb or a healthy Cooper Kupp. On a team which will be built to gash a defense up the middle it puts even more stress on them to have to defense upfield. That means safeties and corners can't stack the box on us when they have an elite slot WR to defend.

Nabers and Bowers somewhat overlap in their unique respective ability to pick the middle of the defense apart. Like how Kelce does to ours.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

MIN won’t trade up to 5 for a WR and give up that much capital. If their QB is already gone, that trade goes poof.

And is a future 1 + future 4 worth a current 1? Beats me, i am thinking no.
        Agreed they won’t trade up for a WR. Since Buffalo traded up for a WR in that trade, I would think the Vikes would have to give up more considering it’s 6 spots and for a QB. You are right though, if the QBs are gone, that deal is done. They could still trade back and get a pretty good haul for MHJ.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kylars View Post
          Tidbit from Arjun on X. Estime surprised me.

image.png
          not sure what the inference is there, and.... can pretty much guarantee that the guy is way off on @least a handful or so of the top half of guys.... just plain & simple bad info.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Chargers would be dumb to have made that "handshake deal". Same with Cards. QB hysteria will only increase as draft day gets closer and on draft day.
            Umm Vikings have 2 1st rnd picks. Not too many teams are going to be able to beat their offer. Just saying.
            1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
            2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Yep...play hardball up to draft day to maximize the returns on our corporate assets...

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Umm Vikings have 2 1st rnd picks. Not too many teams are going to be able to beat their offer. Just saying.
                Exactly. Teams trying to beat out the Vikings in a trade-up war will be out-gunned. They'll probably have to give up future 1st-round draft picks to do it. With so many 1st-round QB busts... you would think that GM's have learned their lessons. Not every team is lucky enough to stumble upon Mr. Irrelevant after trading away their future 1st round picks for a bust.

If no one enters the trade-up war... the Cards haul may not be what is expected. Cards would be stupid to pass on MHJ @#4.
                If MHJ is there @#5 (and I'm the Chargers)... he's gone. But... it ain't gonna happen. Once you trade out of #4... 4 QB's are gone... and so is MHJ. Forget all talkity-talk... MHJ is the best player in the draft. Hortiz is a BPA guy. If I'm Hortiz, I'm sending subtle (and not so subtle messages) to the Cards GM that I'm picking MHJ if you fuck up... and you're sitting @#11 with MHJ, Nabers, and Odunze all gone. Oh, and I don't feel sorry for you... as you snaked my tailor-made draft trade. Revenge is best served cold.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

It may be the Vikes have made a tentative offer to Trader Joe, contingent on their targeted QB being there at #5...and Joe's response was probably something like, "looks good...let's see where we're at when we're on the clock."

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Jeremiah's mock 3.0 has a couple of convoluted trades, where we end up at #10 with Fuaga, but no #23 this year, and only a 2nd rounder next year from the Jets...I'd rather have #11 and #23...

image.png
                    image.png​
                    image.png​
                    image.png​

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

How about - we would be willing to listen to offers right up until we are on the clock?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                        Jeremiah's mock 3.0 has a couple of convoluted trades, where we end up at #10 with Fuaga, but no #23 this year, and only a 2nd rounder next year from the Jets...I'd rather have #11 and #23...
                        I hate the idea of trading back and not getting the additional picks until next year, especially since that pick makes the Jets better and it could be quite low if Rogers can stay healthy next year.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I hate the idea of trading back and not getting the additional picks until next year, especially since that pick makes the Jets better and it could be quite low if Rogers can stay healthy next year.
                          Me too...but...if they are targeting a player they can have later, and picks next year are all they can get? I can live with it...you get the guy you wanted anyway, cheaper, and picks...which will be higher because of the year removal...patient and smart...

Small bonus? Gives you a team to root AGAINST next year...more entertainment!
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X