• Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not close imv.

Bowers played 2 less games last season for one thing.

Or you can look at it as Bowers has 96 more receptions, 1300 yards and 16 more TDs in the same amount of seasons. Bowers also has 19 rushes for 193 yards and 5 TDs. Was a RB in high school.
    Sinnott had 3 for 12 and 1 TD.
    Zero rushes his last two seasons.

Those are the stats of it. That isn't what I'm only going by. If you watched them both play I don't see how you can say this. Sinnott is in no way the same weapon Bowers is.

You can see a huge difference when you see them play.
    I assume you saw them play but to say Bowers only has straight line speed and isn't as agile? Hmmm....wow.
    Maybe you don't watch as much college ball as I thought.

Again LaPorta is the same height, 2 lbs heavier and ran a 4.59 for those worried about size. ...and LaPorta don't have Ben Herbert on his side.

So ill ask....do you think Sinnott is close to Kincaid?

I don't either.....and as i said before, Bowers would of been TE 1 off the board last draft as well. Id have taken Bowers over Kincaid and I'm not throwing shade at Kincaid, ....I wanted him on our team.
    Sinnott imo is a decent pick at TE for us and I wouldn't mind but round 4 for me. At 37,....no way as there are far better value and better players there for us.

This TE class just isn't that great and if JH2 knows they want a WR or OT round one, it may be why they signed 2 vet TEs and then get a rookie later they can develope.
    Bowers clocked in at 21.9 mph so yeah 2nd gear is there. Really wanted him to record a 3-cone though to gauge against Kittles' excellent 6.76 Pro-Day number.

So straight line speed is a check.
    Hands? Stats don't lie so check there.
    Blocking? Actually has positive grades. Check.
    Lateral Agility? Well the tape has him going for huge home run-type yards against the most athletic conference full of future NFL defenders since he was a freshman.

The other TE to look out for is Theo Johnson. 6-6 259lbs and the best athletic scores in the combine.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Not close imv.

Bowers played 2 less games last season for one thing.

Or you can look at it as Bowers has 96 more receptions, 1300 yards and 16 more TDs in the same amount of seasons. Bowers also has 19 rushes for 193 yards and 5 TDs. Was a RB in high school.
      Sinnott had 3 for 12 and 1 TD.
      Zero rushes his last two seasons.

Those are the stats of it. That isn't what I'm only going by. If you watched them both play I don't see how you can say this. Sinnott is in no way the same weapon Bowers is.

You can see a huge difference when you see them play.
      I assume you saw them play but to say Bowers only has straight line speed and isn't as agile? Hmmm....wow.
      Maybe you don't watch as much college ball as I thought.

And you are really splitting hairs there using DraftBuzz saying that about their blocking and deep threat lol. The bottom line is this..they have Bowers top 10. ...Sinnott round 4, and that's the site you are using here.

Again LaPorta is the same height, 2 lbs heavier and ran a 4.59 for those worried about size. ...and LaPorta don't have Ben Herbert on his side.

So ill ask....do you think Sinnott is close to Kincaid?

I don't either.....and as i said before, Bowers would of been TE 1 off the board last draft as well. Id have taken Bowers over Kincaid and I'm not throwing shade at Kincaid, ....I wanted him on our team.
      Sinnott imo is a decent pick at TE for us and I wouldn't mind but round 4 for me. At 37,....no way as there are far better value and better players there for us. He is a typical TE type. Not a multi weapon.

This TE class just isn't that great and if JH2 knows they want a WR or OT round one, it may be why they signed 2 vet TEs and then get a rookie later they can develope.
      well, yes.... he played less games, but had the same number of receptions he had as a freshman.... w/172 less yards receiving, 3 yards less YPC, and 7 fewer TDs.... he ran the ball 50 percent more times for half the yards he went for as a frosh, and about a third of the YPC.... is his game regressing ?? (you brought up/in the career stats.... not eye)

and so you're drafting a TE for his rushing prowess ?? a guy that ran 6x for 28 yards.... fifth overa!!

and don't hold DraftBuzz any higher than Drafttek (hardly prestigious.... but is easy to use), and.... you said NOBODY !! and you may call it splitting hairs, but the point is that that site might have them rounds apart, but when it comes to hands, blocking, short, intermediate and the longball, they are hard to separate.... def not worlds apart as you and others here would like us to believe.

and never said that Bowers ain't gonna be good, just sayin' that am not puttin' Sinnott out w/the bathwater.... dude has game, and could be plenty good enough as a starting NFL TE, and....

would still take Kincaid over Bowers, as like his route running and production, and don't think there is much difference if any separating their blocking, and.... LaPorta is darn good too, and prolly better than Brock as well ??

think Sinnott is off the board by the close of day two, and yes.... did mention that round two would prolly be seen as an overdraft.... can't disagree there.

my question is how much better is Brock gonna get, and is he gonna stay healthy for the duration of his career.... we already had a talented TE that couldn't stay on the field enough to justify his contract.

my suspicion is that Sinnott is an ascending talent w/quite a bit of his ceiling yet to be realized, and Brock.... not so certain 'bout that ??

Sinnott has gone from 31/447 to 49/676, and w/50 percent more TDs scored.... don't see any reason to think he's not gonna build on things from there.

Brock has got to stay healthy.... if you think he's got what it takes to run (on the ground) w/the bulls in the NFL.... dude has got to avoid injury.

his numbers are (way) down from his freshman year, and as again.... not sure how the some of you are so convinced he is so much more than the numbers of late indicate ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Nice work, regardless of my or other opinions...always good to have everything on the table...Ben is a damn good player, and not to be overlooked.
        I like Johnson out of Penn St more than Sinnot. just throwing that one out there ...
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Bowers clocked in at 21.9 mph so yeah 2nd gear is there. Really wanted him to record a 3-cone though to gauge against Kittles' excellent 6.76 Pro-Day number.

So straight line speed is a check.
          Hands? Stats don't lie so check there.
          Blocking? Actually has positive grades. Check.
          Lateral Agility? Well the tape has him going for huge home run-type yards against the most athletic conference full of future NFL defenders since he was a freshman.

The other TE to look out for is Theo Johnson. 6-6 259lbs and the best athletic scores in the combine.
          I just posted that. TE group was the only group I happened to watch their full combine of, Johnson stood out imo. He's a late Day 2 / early Day 3 guy.
          - "Big TE" gurus will love his 259, 9 lbs more than Sinnot
          - "Fast TE" gurus will love he's a 1/10 faster 4.57 vs 4.68.
          - "Tall TE" guys - he's 6'6".

Sinnot is not a Rd2 pick. There are 4 rated ahead of him on most boards. I think they are wrong to have Johnson at 4, he's my #2. Two otherer mid-day3 guys I liked were McLachlan (UAz) and Reiman (UI)

Bowers
          Sanders
          Stover
          Johnson
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

well, yes.... he played less games, but had the same number of receptions he had as a freshman.... w/172 less yards receiving, 3 yards less YPC, and 7 fewer TDs.... he ran the ball 50 percent more times for half the yards he went for as a frosh, and about a third of the YPC.... is his game regressing ?? (you brought up/in the career stats.... not eye)

and so you're drafting a TE for his rushing prowess ?? a guy that ran 6x for 28 yards.... fifth overa!!

and don't hold DraftBuzz any higher than Drafttek (hardly prestigious.... but is easy to use), and.... you said NOBODY !! and you may call it splitting hairs, but the point is that that site might have them rounds apart, but when it comes to hands, blocking, short, intermediate and the longball, they are hard to separate.... def not worlds apart as you and others here would like us to believe.

and never said that Bowers ain't gonna be good, just sayin' that am not puttin' Sinnott out w/the bathwater.... dude has game, and could be plenty good enough as a starting NFL TE, and....

would still take Kincaid over Bowers, as like his route running and production, and don't think there is much difference if any separating their blocking, and.... LaPorta is darn good too, and prolly better than Brock as well ??

think Sinnott is off the board by the close of day two, and yes.... did mention that round two would prolly be seen as an overdraft.... can't disagree there.

my question is how much better is Brock gonna get, and is he gonna stay healthy for the duration of his career.... we already had a talented TE that couldn't stay on the field enough to justify his contract.

my suspicion is that Sinnott is an ascending talent w/quite a bit of his ceiling yet to be realized, and Brock.... not so certain 'bout that ??

Sinnott has gone from 31/447 to 49/676, and w/50 percent more TDs scored.... don't see any reason to think he's not gonna build on things from there.

Brock has got to stay healthy.... if you think he's got what it takes to run (on the ground) w/the bulls in the NFL.... dude has got to avoid injury.

his numbers are (way) down from his freshman year, and as again.... not sure how the some of you are so convinced he is so much more than the numbers of late indicate ??
            No....I'm drafting a TE for his versatility to DO more things than a typical TE. Things he has done and can bring to the table. He likely won't be lined up at HB much but he can be. He can do a lot more than be a typical TE.
            But hey ..that's just what those that watch him think.
            If we don't draft him and we draft a TE, id welcome Sinnott and I'd also like Theo and Wiley. None before our round 3 and I've only Sanders in round 3 and I've downgraded him as well. Used to have him round 2.

Also we can say every player has to stay healthy. Anyone can turn an ankle or tweak a hammy.

As for your last paragraph....ALL the sites you go to plus Jeremiah and Zeirlien who you have used their lists before as a debate of ranks all have him top 10 so not sure we are all wrong and you are the one who is right.
            Don't recall any of them say he is a injury concern either.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jrock1970 View Post
              If Bosa is healthy and effective, they'll ride him out so long as we're winning and say gb for a comp pic rather than trading him
              Based on past performance, letting Bosa go for a comp pick is exactly Trader Joe's style...

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I just posted that. TE group was the only group I happened to watch their full combine of, Johnson stood out imo. He's a late Day 2 / early Day 3 guy.

Sinnot is not a Rd2 pick. There are 4 rated ahead of him on most boards. I think they are wrong to have Johnson at 4, he's my #2. Two otherer mid-day3 guys I liked were McLachlan (UAz) and Reiman (UI)

Bowers
                Sanders
                Stover
                Johnson
                Nice. Preface to say or rather ask...Would we rather have a dominate O-line or D-line in 2024? Its more feasible and probable for the former.

Now Back to O-line and TE's. We could technically trade down to 11 and get a Tackle there, perhaps a corner in late 1st, then a Theo Johnson in round 2.

3 likely starters right off the bat.

image.png

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

As for your last paragraph....ALL the sites you go to plus Jeremiah and Zeirlien who you have used their lists before as a debate of ranks all have him top 10 so not sure we are all wrong and you are the one who is right.
                  Don't recall any of them say he is a injury concern either.
                  recall my comment was that there are plenty of other guys I would draft in front of him, and that yes.... am closer in agreement w/peoples who have him going off the board mid first, as personally don't think I'd take him any sooner than Kincaid/LaPorta went off the board, and yes.... my opinion.

I'll take Taliese all day before Brock....

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

recall my comment was that there are plenty of other guys I would draft in front of him, and that yes.... am closer in agreement w/peoples who have him going off the board mid first, as personally don't think I'd take him any sooner than Kincaid/LaPorta went off the board, and yes.... my opinion.

I'll take Taliese all day before Brock....
                    Ok ....Fuaga is a good prospect as well. To each their own.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Bowers
                      Sanders
                      Stover
                      Johnson
                      RAS has a negative correlation to NFL success.... Sinnott is hands down the better football player than Johnson.

Comment

• Kylars
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

RAS is deceiving. image.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM